51.3 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2068257.jpg
    photo2068257.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 44

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It will circulate one bucket?

I have stopped using AC pumps. The one's I still have will be replaced when I get the opportunity. It's simply a noise issue. That 50/60hz drone.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Ok I will see if I can help. If you are truly growing in DWC there is no need for a circ pump...just a air pump. If you are growing in RDWC which it sounds like your not then you would need a circ pump. DWC is single buckets and RDWC is multiple buckets connected. No need to recirc anything in a single bucket...just aireation.
Now if you are chilling that 1 bucket then you would need a pump...sounds complicated but it is not.
Have a great day. Peace, Negative.

troutman

Seed Whore
It will work. Just make sure you have the flow rate you require for your setup. :)

If it's fish safe. Then it's plant safe. ;)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It's interesting to see it can shift 600 on a good day, but can't pump water from the floor into a 350L butt. It can only shove water up a 1 meter tall pipe. At which height, it's reduced to a drip.

While not in the scope of this thread, some may be interested to know why AC pumps are so weak. The rotation speed is fixed by the mains generators rotation speed. That 50 or 60 hz AC is giving us something like 3000/3600rpm or less. A DC pump doesn't have it's rotation based around the AC mains cycle. A DC pump of that power level could shove water from floor to ceiling. This is why a 20w DC pump can run high pressure emiters that a shoe box sized AC pump can't.

For recirculating DWC this lack of umph may be of use. Flooding possibilities are slightly reduced.

Fiet

Ok I will see if I can help. If you are truly growing in DWC there is no need for a circ pump...just a air pump. If you are growing in RDWC which it sounds like your not then you would need a circ pump. DWC is single buckets and RDWC is multiple buckets connected. No need to recirc anything in a single bucket...just aireation.
Now if you are chilling that 1 bucket then you would need a pump...sounds complicated but it is not.
Have a great day. Peace, Negative.

Hi Sir, thank you a lot.. I want a Single Grow Bucket 20 Liter ore so I visit today a Aquaristik store and found a Air Pump is that Piece ok for that?

Is DWC complicated? I Grow in Coco for 3 year's without any problems why not trying DWC looks fun.

Attachments

• photo2068341.jpg
    photo2068341.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2068342.jpg
    photo2068342.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2068343.jpg
    photo2068343.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 45

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi Sir, thank you a lot.. I want a Single Grow Bucket 20 Liter ore so I visit today a Aquaristik store and found a Air Pump is that Piece ok for that?

Is DWC complicated? I Grow in Coco for 3 year's without any problems why not trying DWC looks fun.

DWC is very rewarding but can have its issues like all styles of growing do. 300 liters per hour into a single bucket will do just fine. Put a check valve on it to prevent backflow. Having to much air is a thing but that wont be to much. Your going to have to monitor Ph and ppm with growing water all the time...be ready for that. All the extras that come with keeping those monitors clean and calibrated as well. Use a high quality, highly water soluble fert program. I recommend Jacks 3-2-1. Your water source needs to be high quality as well. If you dont like cleaning then DWC is not for you...cleanliness is super important growing in water.
Keeping your water cool is a huge issue as well. Do you have plans for how you will deal with that...Do not say you will use ice bottles please....haha

Have a great day all. Peace, negative.