What's new

Can I use moldy buds for concentrates?

BigJohnny

In my experience, if you use a regular (ie 80micron) screen you will see a forgien "film" on the oil when it is a liquid. We scooped it out and it turned out fine, the buds weren't terribly moldy though.

According to graywolf, if you use a small enough micron screen, like he does, you can only get the THC and no mold. The micron is insane small though and I feel like it would be hard/impossible to blow through with a normal tube setup. I don't know shit though.

5 micron.

utah biodiesel sells sheets of them.

irishmick

I AGREE STAY AWAY FROM THE MOLDS. I HAD SOME PROFESSIONALY CHECKED AND IT CAME BACK ZERO ON ALL MOLD COUNTS. BUT THAT BEING SAID I STILL WANNA HAVE IT DONE AGAIN SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE I FIND IT HARD TO BELEIVE THAT NO MOLD WAS IN THIS BATCH. IF IT COMES BACK THE SAME THEN SOMEHOW THE PROCESS I RUN IT THROUGH IS CLEANING IT ALL OUT WITH NO FILTERS OR PM. AGAIN UNTIL I HAVE ANOTHER TEST DONE SOMEWHERE ELSE I CANT CONFIRM THE RESULTS EVEN THOUGH THE PLACE I WENT IS REPUTABLE. PLEASE COMMENT ON HOW THIS COULD BE POSSIBLE IF ANYONE KNOWS. PEACE LOVE AND CHICKEN GREASE