What's new

Can I glue the leaves back on?

stickieickee

Re: Mekong High.
Hydroponics flood & drain table system with Fox Farm soil.
Products: G.H. FloraNova, H&G Root Accelerator & Atami Bloombastic.
Environment: Balanced PH & regulated PPM, 75'-80' temp, 40-60% humidity, 1000-HPS lights, clean ventilated room... but no CO2 system.
Experience: 1st-time grower, senior smoker.

In week 3 of flowering, I removed too many fan leaves on my indoor 7' plants (thank goodness for 10' ceilings). Even though the plants grew too much during an extended veg cycle, they were healthy and full of budding flowers at the time when I removed the solar panels needed to give energy to the buds... which quickly stopped the development and growth there after, (lesson learned). I'm currently in week 5 and unfortunately the buds are small, light, airy, with long hairs which are beginning to turn brown... I'm very concerned that they're not going to come back or develop any further along. Is there anything else I can do to increase the bud development?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
be patient...you paid to learn this lesson.. keep watchin her as she teaches you what she wanted... and wants

MIway

Veteran
Glue doesnt work, but u can sew them back on if ur eye sight is good & have nimble fingers ;-)

Ps... U need to upload the pics here & attach within the text. We r lazy stoners and dont bother with external links :)

B.E.D

so you want to glue back on fan leaves,to increase yield?
no,glue wont work.try duct tape and a staple gun..

stickieickee

I'm learning...

I'm learning...

If there is anyone that can remove my name, from my earlier post when I attempted to upload some pics from my computer in this thread, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

OK.. let's try to upload these pics again...

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

stickieickee

Response...

Response...

To: Chazz Michaels... Perhaps the pics are slightly deceiving... try instead to imagine 100- 7' plants, branched out like a tree... and these buds below represent the biggest and only real nugs found on any of these monsters. IMO: The buds would have to grow ten times to have any weight at all after drying.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=45745&pictureid=1071922

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=45745&pictureid=1071921

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=45745&pictureid=1071920

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=45745&pictureid=1071919

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=45745&pictureid=1071918

C

chazz michaels

They look like they are only 50% finished. There is still a long way to go.

Sativa's like that take a long time to flower and also grow long and whispy buds. Just let them grow.

Sorry if you already knew this. It didn't seem like it, but i don't want to sound condescending. :)

Take care.

C

chazz michaels

I don't know much about Mekong High but most sativas are at least 10+ weeks of flowering from the first pistils, and all the way up to 20 weeks for some strains.

Greenheart

Veteran
I have used superglue to repair breaks in bloom. I have had success with it also in grafting. The effort would be wasted on trying to graft fans back on or grafting during bloom at all in my opinion. It is as Paladin420 has stated. Defoliation techniques are something you want to train the plant to accept little by little from veg to finish. The key is knowing what to take and when to take it. Think of it as "selective pruning" rather than full on defoliation. Some do not like it period. The pics I saw are looking pretty nice give them time to do what they need. It is the final weeks things really put on the weight and also as has been stated sativa's take awhile.

I misjudged a sativa based on bag appeal once. It kicked me hard to teach me a lesson.:asskick::stfu:

stickieickee

To: Everyone who responded… Thank you! I sincerely appreciate your time, experience and wisdom.

To: Chazz Michaels… I agree, these plants do look like they're only 50% done, however I'm supposed to flush in a week, if this is a 60 day strain… and from what I've read recently, several Mekong High strains are emerging onto the market that have a 45-50 day bloom cycle. If I've received one of these strains… and it's completely possible since these clones were taken from seeds that were grown over the past year, from someone I personally never met or worked with. Unfortunately, contacting this person is not an option any longer, so I'm not able to confirm the success of this particular strain, or reflect back on any recent past performance.

To: Greenheart… A lesson well learned this time around. I'll be sure to slowly introduce the pruning technique from veg to bloom from now on, so I don't shock and stunt the plants.

To: Hammerhead… Thank you so much for posting my pics, I tried several ways, with little success as you can see. I'm really curious though, what was I doing wrong?:confused:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
them plants are no were near finished if you flush them soon u mines well throw them away now... i but they go 70-77 days no problem if not longer.

stickieickee

In Response...

In Response...

To: PoopyTeaBags… Hey thanks, your encouragement is certainly music to my Buds ears… let's just hope you're right! :plant grow:

Latest posts

Latest posts