What's new

can i freeze weed till i smoke it

bigAl25

Veteran
I'm smokeing some 2010/2011 April harvest bubblelicious just taken from my freezer. It was stored in freezer baggie and mason jar. Still smokes great. A vacuum sealer may also be a good idea.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
If the bud has lots of moisture in it when you freeze it the water crystalizes and reptures the plant cells it is contained in. The Crystals are oil based so they will not freeze, they do the same thing regular oil will when chilled it gets thick and more viscous. Over time the volatile terpenes will degrade the smoke will become less harsh. The key to this is to ensure the buds are dry and cured before the freeze. When you remove the buds from the freezer wait until the container it is in and the buds reach room temperature before you unseal it, if you don't moisture in the air and whatever is in the air will end up condensing on your buds and you will have some mushy buds.
I have done this tonnes of times and the result is some premium aged buds that will surpass anything available in taste and effect, granted the bud is good to begin with.

Peace!