What's new

Can earthbox be no-till?

ripsix

How can I maximize the space in an earthbox to be no-till, or if not, how often would I have to re-amend the soil if growing 1 vs 2 autoflowers in it?

I'm using a 3x3, and trying organic for the first time after watching BuildASoil's YT series where he used some earthboxes as well, so I'm starting off with the recommendations from that.

BuildASoil Light Recipe Soil
Worm Castings
BuildAFlower Top Dress Kit
BuildASoil Craft Blend
Kashi Blend
Rootwise Mycrobe Complete

Appreciate any input.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your work. That looks like a really good soil blend. I think the Rootwise has Mycorrhizae - endomycorrhizal fungi in it so you should be good to go. What kind of water are you going to use?

ripsix

Thanks for sharing your work. That looks like a really good soil blend. I think the Rootwise has Mycorrhizae - endomycorrhizal fungi in it so you should be good to go. What kind of water are you going to use?

Just tap water, from what I've read on living soil tap water is better because of trace minerals?

My goal is to have a living soil bed I can keep planting into continuously with just top dressing and not have to remove it from the planter and re-amend.

But the earthbox is only ~10lbs of soil which from what I've read is too small to really do this with living soil for more than a few continuous grows. But I've only read that from one source.

If it is possible I'd love to try it, if not I'm curious on how often I would have to take the soil completely out to re-amend, or replace.

Bio boy

Just tap water, from what I've read on living soil tap water is better because of trace minerals?

My goal is to have a living soil bed I can keep planting into continuously with just top dressing and not have to remove it from the planter and re-amend.

But the earthbox is only ~10lbs of soil which from what I've read is too small to really do this with living soil for more than a few continuous grows. But I've only read that from one source.

If it is possible I'd love to try it, if not I'm curious on how often I would have to take the soil completely out to re-amend, or replace.
Each grow take and Reamend
diy bigger like in sip not slurp thread in organics otherwise

Rico Swazi

there is 2.0 cu.ft soil in a standard earthbox...roughly 15 gal. you mention a 3x3, what is that?
I believe the soil you have now is good for several runs of 2 autos in each box without re amending

people in business selling soil and amendments might disagree with that
only way to find out is to get to growing and remember, less is more
Welcome to organics and good luck