What's new

Can anyone identify?

Lathus

Found this giant bug under one of my beauties leaves. Its rad looking and I can't find what it is anyone know?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Pretty sure that's a Wheel Bug. If you google image search for that it will bring back a bunch that look similar. I think it's the same cause of that awesome mohawk.

Lathus

Pretty sure that's a Wheel Bug. If you google image search for that it will bring back a bunch that look similar. I think it's the same cause of that awesome mohawk.

Yep thats it just found it thanks!

Its called a wheel bug, its in the assassin bug family. I thought it resembled a stink bug/praying mantis.
They are predators upon soft-bodied insects such as caterpillars, Japanese beetles, the cabbage worm, orange dogs, tent caterpillars, and the Mexican bean beetle
Which is exactly what Ive been having problems with! I'm stoked its around hopefully it'll stay around for a while.
"Because most of their prey are pests, wheel bugs are considered as beneficial to the garden as ladybugs."

Lathus

Seems so, I'm happy with what I believe to be a her because they love caterpillars which I have had an issue with!