What's new

Can a used dehumidifier that was in a room that had PM mold bring mold into new room

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I had PM and I believe it's all inside my new house! Loc Dog had PM and states that it's all over his grow space! I never used anything that kills PM. I trimmed plants back, killed plants that seemed to favor the PM; then controlled humidity, temperature, air movement and never had a problem again. YetiOG any ideas why you can't get PM under control? That extra special weed growers PM that's stronger is only stronger against weed growers chemical systemics like Eagle 20 ect... Control temperature, humidity, air movement and grow strong strains that have resistance to PM and you'll be successful. This method I describe has been used by all kinds of farmers for a long time. Plants with more resistance to disease and insects have been highly sought after for centuries.

Thanks, for putting it so nicely. I do not waste my time with know it alls. I never said it could not get it, only that it is obviously very resistant due to the fact that my area is obviously contaminated with it. One of the main selling points of seedbanks is mold resistance. GG4 is an exact phenotype, for those that have the real cut, not just a strain. Had Agent Orange X GG4, by the original grower of GG4, which was also a clone, and it was PM magnet.

From any article on internet about mold and mildew -

Mildew growth requires fungal spores, organic material, and sufficient moisture. In actual practice, you can only control your moisture level. Experts agree that 50% relative humidity or lower is a good target for preventing mildew.

Ran across this while verifying my facts -

Hyperparasites of powdery mildew[edit]
In the family Sphaeropsidaceae of Sphaeropsidales fungi, species of the genus Cicinnobolus are hyperparasites of powdery mildew.[21]
Ampelomyces quisqualis is an anamorphic fungus that is a hyperparasite of powdery mildews. This parasitism reduces growth and may eventually kill the mildew, so investigations on biological control of powdery mildews (especially in high-value crops such as grapes) have taken place for over 50 years, resulting in the development of products such as 'AQ10'.[22][23]

http://www.biogard.it/index.php/en/plantprotection/fungicides

Americangrower

Veteran
I got rid of the dehumidifier but I'm still VERY worried about having spores in there now as ive had it running, for a short period of time but still had it running .. What should I do now to help my case against these pm spores :(

Spray down your entire room with bleach I clean with about 70/30 bleach to water (wear a mask) ..all of it fans, lights (use wet cloth for lights) chains cords absolutely everything.

Then go to Loews and buy the Neem oil concentrate its 70% neem oil not 1% like the bottled pest/mold shit. Mix double the strength as on bottle. Then Spray you vegging plants with it and place fan blowing on them 24/7 I spray them all the time in veg with neem. PM hates neem oil. The only way to get rid of PM is to prevent it.

Ok so I got rid of the dehumidifier already , but 1 more thing I should add is this dehumidifier was used and sat in a business that obviously doesn't have powdery mildew for 2 or 3 months before I got it maybe that could help my case maybe the spores died off???? Either way like I said I got rid of it and am going to bleach the walls & floors ECT and let off a couple foggers/bombs.. That question is just for a little more peace of mind I guess

YetiOG

Ok so I got rid of the dehumidifier already , but 1 more thing I should add is this dehumidifier was used and sat in a business that obviously doesn't have powdery mildew for 2 or 3 months before I got it maybe that could help my case maybe the spores died off???? Either way like I said I got rid of it and am going to bleach the walls & floors ECT and let off a couple foggers/bombs.. That question is just for a little more peace of mind I guess

Spores can last a long rime much longer than 3 months.

Potassium bicarbonate is the most effective spray you can use against it dont bother with bleach the KHC03 wont leave a odour like bleach will. Also potassium bicarbonate kills it for sure without the need for a toxic chemical like bleach but up to you what you do

YetiOG

I had PM and I believe it's all inside my new house! Loc Dog had PM and states that it's all over his grow space! I never used anything that kills PM. I trimmed plants back, killed plants that seemed to favor the PM; then controlled humidity, temperature, air movement and never had a problem again. YetiOG any ideas why you can't get PM under control? That extra special weed growers PM that's stronger is only stronger against weed growers chemical systemics like Eagle 20 ect... Control temperature, humidity, air movement and grow strong strains that have resistance to PM and you'll be successful. This method I describe has been used by all kinds of farmers for a long time. Plants with more resistance to disease and insects have been highly sought after for centuries.

My enviroment is in check the issue is likely to do with the specific type of pm i have theres all kinds. I dont use systemics if i did the shit would probably be gone. Its effecting all cuts even shit thats known to be resistant to pm.

I have been shut down for almost 3 months had no plants. Now my place is full of them and everything downstairs has got it all the new seedlings upstairs are fine right now.

Its really frustrating. Some people have a easy time with it but theres several great growers i know of who also stuggle with pm. Its miserable shit and the best thing we can do is prevent it because it can be a total nightmare.

I have been having some success lately battling it back though its constant reoccurring.

Crippler

Hey Smoke2much4good, If you wanted to be OK you could do a few things. There are air purifiers that shock the air with a ton of ozone. It's not good to breathe and its not good for plants so here is what I do. Put the dehuey in a bathroom and close the door. Turn on the ozone generator and run both to circulate the ozone thru all the cracks and small parts you'd never be able to reach and the high concentration of ozone will kill the spores and now you have a clean machine. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-ozone_shock_treatment

Heat also kills mold spores. Not sure at what temp but have heard of guys running high heat / heater in their rooms with equipment between grows to sanitize. Run all lights with no fans kinda thing w/ heater on for an hour or so. Sounds like a fire hazard to me.

UV light is another great thing to add to your ventilation or grow room. UV light kills mold spores.... and spray your plants in veg with some kind of oil like neem that will prevent any spores that find their way in on your or your hair etc... will not germinate.

Stay on top of shit and if you see any during flowering spray with water immediately and kill that shit. Water or mix a little hydrogen peroxide in there too (h2o2) that will clean the bud.

Hope this helps -- nothing worse than moldy bud. The UV light and oil made the most impact for me.

rjrom90

Hey Smoke2much4good, If you wanted to be OK you could do a few things. There are air purifiers that shock the air with a ton of ozone. It's not good to breathe and its not good for plants so here is what I do. Put the dehuey in a bathroom and close the door. Turn on the ozone generator and run both to circulate the ozone thru all the cracks and small parts you'd never be able to reach and the high concentration of ozone will kill the spores and now you have a clean machine. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-ozone_shock_treatment

Heat also kills mold spores. Not sure at what temp but have heard of guys running high heat / heater in their rooms with equipment between grows to sanitize. Run all lights with no fans kinda thing w/ heater on for an hour or so. Sounds like a fire hazard to me.

UV light is another great thing to add to your ventilation or grow room. UV light kills mold spores.... and spray your plants in veg with some kind of oil like neem that will prevent any spores that find their way in on your or your hair etc... will not germinate.

Stay on top of shit and if you see any during flowering spray with water immediately and kill that shit. Water or mix a little hydrogen peroxide in there too (h2o2) that will clean the bud.

Hope this helps -- nothing worse than moldy bud. The UV light and oil made the most impact for me.
Photocatalytic air purification can take this a step further by shining the UV on titanium dioxide which will oxidize pm spores into water vapor and CO2. Many modern air purifiers offer this function, but for a large grow http://agriairequipment.com/ would be ideal.

Americangrower

Veteran
Spores can last a long rime much longer than 3 months.

Potassium bicarbonate is the most effective spray you can use against it dont bother with bleach the KHC03 wont leave a odour like bleach will. Also potassium bicarbonate kills it for sure without the need for a toxic chemical like bleach but up to you what you do

What is your mixture for Potassium bicarbonate to 1 gal of water. Going to buy some for just in case measures. Is it safe to spray on plants or should I stick with neem on the plants. I haven't dealt with PM but this year we are having a crazy humid rainy spring and my humidifier is at 60 so thats not good.