What's new

Can a U.S. Visitor also Grow Legally in Netherlands?

user323

If a U.S. citizen is visiting the Netherlands for 6 months or a year (I know 3 months is the visitation limit but, I'm talking about if they were able to get a residence permit for a longer stay) can they grow personal amounts for themselves? Which I believe is 4 plants? Or is this policy only for citizens of Netherlands?

B

bongoie

Her brother stayed in eindhoven and was growing , he's an EU citizen tho .
Not you'r answer but i'd imagine it would be ok , i might be stupid in saying this but you can buy from the coffee shops , so you should be able to grow .
Hope you enjoy your stay .

E

elmanito

Growing marijuana is not legal in the Netherlands, just tolerated.It depends where you live in the Netherlands.In some towns especially in the south there is a zero tolerance for coffeeshops and growing.Even when you have 5 plants or less they can take your plants away.Policy will change but that will take time.

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

user323

Growing marijuana is not legal in the Netherlands, just tolerated.It depends where you live in the Netherlands.In some towns especially in the south there is a zero tolerance for coffeeshops and growing.

Can you tell me which towns it's tolerated in?

Thanks

dubite

Bigger cities in the north like Amsterdam, Rotterdam.
Elmanito refers to Maastricht, maybe Breda, Rosendaal? when he talks about zero tolerance..
However I have seen hundrends of posts like this... I wonder how many actually moved, got a residence permit and managed to grow the tolerated amounts.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Keep in mind the grass is not always greener on the other side...

If you want to grow legally...go to Spain.

user323

Keep in mind the grass is not always greener on the other side...

If you want to grow legally...go to Spain.

I haven't heard much about the legalities of weed in Spain. I've seen a few different people mention recommend Spain over Netherlands/Amsterdam so I'll do some searching but, if you have any links you can recommend me to check out, would be great.

Thanks

user323

Also in Amsterdam and Rotterdam areas, can you find grow shops to sell you clones? Is it illegal to purchase clones over there and is it tolerated for personal use or not?

Thanks for the replies

StellarP

ICMag Donor
Shops selling clones, no. The flowermarket on saturdays you might find some clones. Otherwise it is strictly seeds. As stated a couple plants might be tolerated, but larger production a no no.

With the ability to purchase at coffee shops finished product, why bother with only four- five plants. Def. check in to Spain if growing is your objective.

Peace
StellarP

E

elmanito

Can you tell me which towns it's tolerated in?
Thanks

Policies are tough in the provinces of Brabant, Limburg, but also cities like Rotterdam you have nowadays a lot of grow busts, not that it help any.:D

We have a conservative religious government nowadays who thinks that one of the first primairy need for humans is jenever / Holland Gin and not Cannabis.:crazy:

I cant find anything about it in the Bible.

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

user323

With the ability to purchase at coffee shops finished product, why bother with only four- five plants.

Peace
StellarP

Wouldn't growing your own be cheaper in the long run instead of paying those coffeeshop prices where it's being sold for a profit? How much is the avg. cost post per gram?

user323

What's the difference if you're allowed to grow about 4 plants for personal use in Amsterdam vs. Spain? Is growing more than 4 plants in Spain tolerated? I read an article when I was searching where growing your own for personal use is actually encouraged in Spain. However, what's the limit on how many plants are tolerated?

Also, if they say 4 plants is the limit. Is that 4 flowering plants? or what if you have clones as well?

Latest posts

Latest posts