What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can a roomate get in trouble for your grow.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. Anyone that says different is full of shit or ignorant.

yeah they can get arrested, but when it goes to court and the actual story comes out, they will not actually get in trouble... pending that they claim they knew nothing about it...

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks KRD.

That sucks. But still, thanks.

If your landlord has the house sectioned off by the room and each tenant is in their own agreement with the landlord, then technically the other roomates have no right to allow LEO to enter your room...

sure they will be pussies and allow it go down, and SURE, the police will confiscate and write a report up with everything they seen, but once you take their asses to court, and show them that your room is its own domicile, leased to YOU, and NOT your roomates, then the police will have to furnish a warrant stating that permission by the judge has been granted to allow the LEO to enter all rooms (locked or not) at so and so address...

without this warrant, and you with a copy of a lease between YOU and YOUR TENANT... (none of your other roomates signatures on it) then you can have a pretty strong case against the LEO for illegally entering your domicile...

I am not a legal expert by no means, and I was always under the impression that what I just typed is how it works out... of course laws vary state to state, but in my state im almost certain that is how it goes down...

often you will see in college areas that individual rooms within a home are individually numbered and have their own lock and keys on it... for example, by law, landlords have to have it written down in the contract that the tenant is renting out say "ROOM 3" and they are required to pay a sum of "$350 per month" for lease of this space...

hallways, bathrooms, kitchens, basements, are often referred to as common areas... there usually arent living rooms or dining rooms because these are typically sectioned off into bedrooms and rented out.. andlords BANK BIG TIME by sectioning off a house and dividing it up into 6-7 bedrooms at a rate of anywhere between 3-600$ per bedroom (in the area i attended college)... they can turn a house with 1500sqft into a huge money making machine... just think, 7 rooms @ 400 a pop thats 2800 a month, and these crackers have mortgage payments of about 700 a month (before you know it they are taking out loans on one house, and buying up more homes)... imagine having 20 homes where you are paying about 14k in mortgage, and pocketing the additional 30k.... when you section off rooms, you can do this...

and since these rooms are sectioned off, each room is like an apartment ...in fact i think that might be the terminology in the lease...

sorry for the rant, but if you read what I just said (well atleast the beginning part before the rant) then you might be able to build a case up against the leo for illegally entering your room without your consent...

Someone please correct me if I am wrong... :pimp3:

:rant:

I remember reading awhile back about a guy who blew his house up doing a butane extract. The neighbors immediately rushed to his aid and were then accused of conspiracy by the police after they arrived on the scene.

Its open season on growers in most states, imo.

lw

That was me. Not only did the neighbors get accused, but they got their asses kicked, badly and were arrested for battery on police officers... Complete and utter bullshit. They saved my life pretty much, then get accused of being in the middle of it, get their asses kicked for denying they were involved and arrested and prosecuted to shut them up about the abuse at the hands of the people who are charged with protecting and serving. Be careful everyone.:wave:

That was over two years ago now, wow.

Smart_Alec

I remember reading awhile back about a guy who blew his house up doing a butane extract. The neighbors immediately rushed to his aid and were then accused of conspiracy by the police after they arrived on the scene.

Its open season on growers in most states, imo.

lw

Lets see if they can clip me

SMOKE-ONE

This is a little off topic, but could a visitor get in trouble,if they were present during a grow-bust, and your room was locked and not accessible to the visitor?

of course they can get in trouble. one thing they look for is mail addressed to each person living there. without that, or a name on the lease, its hard to prove one lives there. best bet is to have nothing associated with them in the house.

The bottom line is: More people involved? more risk for you to be behind bars! Put the legal & med state shit to the side for a moment, & think how fucked you would be should you encounter an unscrupulous band of badges. Those demons know how to fabricate an honest Joe into a trafficker, simply with testimony from people they threaten with jail time. They do it all the time!

rogerw

Yes they will pop any and everyone. In the state I live in they get just as much of a rap as I would. No matter if I was renting to them . But then they could come after me for growing in the same house. Even if you have company over for a night or weekend they will pop all of us. It says that right in the normal info for this crappy state I am moving out of in a MONTH !!!! WHOOPPIE !!! . Going more west where I can grow a few for my medicare bad back lol. Remember the part of ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law shit.:ying:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
but basically comes down to they have to be able to prove the had any no current or prior knowledge that you had grown are are growing in your place of residence...

which means they need to prove they have never gone into your room, had not seen you buying things required for your grow, had not smelt anything that resembled weed, not see any product drying. It is a very big grey area... most likely they will a warning

I'm surprised.

I'm surprised.

Surprised that there are people out there that still believe that law enforcement follows the law.

CYA!

HMR.

Mukind

Police will ALWAYS think you are involved if you are present on property where people are manufacturing a class 1 substance (medical compliant excluded and one gram too many makes you a criminal). It does not matter if your grow room is locked or hidden they are going to book you. Wife, sister, girlfriend, little brother, and everyone else in that house is spending the night in the clinker if their name is on that lease (And proably some people who aren't). But getting charged is not the same as getting convicted, as long as the suspect remains SILENT and gives the cop no proof they had knowledge that any law was being broken
So to be more direct your roommate is technically an accomplice as soon as he's aware that your breaking laws. The cops are always going to assume your roommate knows so they are going to book him. GETTING CHARGED IS NOT THE SAME AS GETTING CONVICTED. As long as he doesn't give LEO any statement to send to court he will have a very strong case for dismissal. (My boy pulled this off in a non med state, so I'm sure your roommate could navigate it just might cost him some dollars).
So no he doesn't have to worry about getting into trouble, but spending the night in county always blows and so do retainer fees.