What's new

can a female produce male clones?

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
That was studying wild Hemp, not domesticated cannabis.

In 1930s, the concept of hybrid cannabis was probably not even thought of....and majority of the strains today are technically, hybrids.

That said, she did pop cannabis sativa beans and the results she got are probably more reflective to the cannabis we use today--than say the results and conclusions of studies/research on "non-cannabis" plants, like tomatoes.

But it is interesting the mineral deficiencies she observed are accurate for today's hybrids.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
they weren't even true 80 years ago, never mind today. The language used woud not be acceptable in todays world. 100% female/ 100% male lol. Even if the research was accurate for expression, which I highly doubt, it would not be true for the genome. Not to mention the damage done to the heath of the plants. Even the group that was given essential nitrogen, in her words, wilted and died. There are products on the market that arent damaging to the health of the plant to alter the expression of male or female flowers. we can manipulate the sex pre birth, this seems to be of little use in todays world.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive searched all over the internet but cant find the answer, can a 20 plus year old stain ie exodus cheese produce clones that turn full blown male? Im not talking hermaphrodite i mean 100% male that produces regular seeds when sexed with a female clone of the same mother. A certain breeder has claimed this happned to him but im really finding it hard to believe its possible and its bugging me that i cant find the answer.

He even has pictures of this so called cheese male but considering he also offers cheese x afghan im thinking this male is probably a cheese dom afghan cheese that he's claiming to be 100% cheese.

I believe DJ Short touched on this...
Called it somethin like ( Spontaneous Male )
Had to do with the survival gene in the ladies..
Might try looking through his work.
Im not 100% - Yet think it was him.. Good luck on ya hunt..

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

BrainSellz

Veteran
Several years back I had a femmed la con that grew an entire branch that was completely male...
I wished now that I woulda saved a cutting from that branch to see if it would have stayed that way...

So if a reversed female throws all femed seeds will male flowers formed on a female throw all femed seeds also?

I have had a male that naturally produced female flower top on the same plant after extended flowering by the male, DJ states that the pollen off this girl is worth keeping, unfortuntaly I did not know this at the time...

Several years back I had a femmed la con that grew an entire branch that was completely male...
I wished now that I woulda saved a cutting from that branch to see if it would have stayed that way...

Latest posts

Latest posts