What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CampWakeUpObama

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
http://www.cannabisculture.com/cont...Protesting-Obamas-Campaign-Headquarters-Today

Why Medical Marijuana Patients Are Protesting at Obama's Campaign Headquarters Today
By Steph Sherer, Americans for Safe Access - Thursday, September 20 2012

When Obama's supporters come to volunteer this evening, they will be greeted by a crowd holding political signs. It's not an Occupy protest or a Republican rally – it's a rally in support of medical marijuana access, organized by voters who feel left out of the electoral debate.
From Washington, D.C. to Washington State, from New York City to Denver, Colorado, patients and their supporters will be asking, how can I vote against my health in November?
My organization, Americans for Safe Access, has been engaging voters since July with our Camp WakeUpObama campaign, helping to give a voice to patients and their families. Today campers mark the end of summer with nationwide rallies outside of Obama's campaign offices, because we're not being invited inside. Things would be different if the President would apply his campaign slogan, "Forward," to our cause: stopping the raids and prosecutions of state-permitted institutions, and moving public health policy forward by ending the conflict between state and federal law.
I can't ignore the fact that many responses to Camp WakeUpObama have been critical and to those of you who disapprove I ask, what else are patients supposed to do? In asking President Obama to fulfill his stated policy of respecting state compassionate use laws, we are not asking him to do anything unpopular: 80% of Americans support safe access to medical cannabis, 74% are against the stepped-up raids and prosecutions and Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson is polling at 7% in Colorado campaigning on this issue. Even two-thirds of Republicans support state medical cannabis laws. With the public on our side, why should patients and our loved ones be silent?
Camp WakeUpObama is not about encouraging people to vote for Romney or any other challenger, but about expressing our own points of view. When I wrote during the Democratic National Convention that pro-marijuana candidate Gary Johnson's poll numbers could make him a spoiler in the crucial swing state of Colorado, I wasn't criticizing third-party supporters, I was showing Democrats the proof that their standard-bearer's wrong-headed cannabis crackdown is costing the party votes. I never thought that Mitt Romney's campaign would be emailing reporters our talking points or that his vice-presidential nominee would publicly support state decisions on marijuana law. Though a lot has happened in the past few months, it's not too late for Obama to seize the issue.
- Read the entire article at The Huffington Post.

Jim Rockford

Veteran
Vote for Gary Johnson, if he gets enough votes it shows the other parties time to really wake up, and he can run on an equal platform next time. Obama is the lesser of two evils, and in regards to MJ, perhaps the greater of two evils. A vote for O or Romney is a vote for evil no matter how you look at it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what would really show them up is if noone showed up to vote at all. like a countrywide vote strike. to show everyone that we are sick of all politicians and the bankers backing them. in truth there just ain't any candidate that you can say is good for the real job of president left in the playing field. the one is highly intelligent, charming, witty while at the same time being murderous war criminal without a conscious. while the other is talking about Russia being the number 1 enemy and we should attack all kinds of people that have so far been spared.

i mean one of them says he'll fight medical cannabis tooth and nail and the other one is fighting medical cannabis tooth and nail.

one wants to bomb Iran right now while the other wants the elections done before we get to the bombing Iran back to the stone ages part.

not much choice really.

GreenGoblin420

This is where the problem is. There is a "Libertarian" running for President and his name is Gary Johnson. The news media has kept him out of public view intentionally.
They want everyone to believe that there are only two choices. Both of those choices are poison, but the third candidate is the guy who wants to bring the U.S. back to the people and away from the rule of Government.
He has a pretty amazing background and served two terms as Gov. of Texas. He pulled Texas up by the bootstraps and worked for the people.
The current system is so rigged and the news media helps that rigging with biased reporting which completely leans in the direction of the status quo.
A good example of how rigged the news is, is hundreds of dispensaries, hundreds of grow ops, thousands of people arrested, hundreds of property seizures, all done by the DEA, with riot gear and weapons drawn and NOT ONE MENTION of any of it on the world news. The East coast and Mid West know nothing about all of this unless it's viewed on the internet.
So from where I sit, there's no other choice than the Libertarian, Gary Johnson. Only one problem, no many know he's running due to you know who.

Gary Johnson 2012!!

what would really show them up is if noone showed up to vote at all. like a countrywide vote strike. to show everyone that we are sick of all politicians and the bankers backing them. in truth there just ain't any candidate that you can say is good for the real job of president left in the playing field. the one is highly intelligent, charming, witty while at the same time being murderous war criminal without a conscious. while the other is talking about Russia being the number 1 enemy and we should attack all kinds of people that have so far been spared.

i mean one of them says he'll fight medical cannabis tooth and nail and the other one is fighting medical cannabis tooth and nail.

one wants to bomb Iran right now while the other wants the elections done before we get to the bombing Iran back to the stone ages part.

not much choice really.

señorsloth

Veteran
personally i feel that if the med states wanted better reputations they should be more strict about who receives recommendations...sure pot can help everybody but when you give them out to everybody the shops become 90% 20ish year old, obviously pot head, males...soccer moms look at that and see an excuse for stoners to get weed legally, not sick old people in wheelchairs trying to ease their own suffering despite the government...one of those scenarios makes cannabis look like a good wholesome medicine that helps society, and the other scenario makes pot look like a scandalous drug, that young men find scandalous loopholes to get...if walgreens was only frequented by those same young men, soccer moms and baby boomers would assume walgreens is a shady place selling something shady to these shady looking kids in a shady way...

sure the med scene has helped push the recreational scene forward, and at this point i don't think the med scene can hurt the recreational scene that much, but i do think that the med scene can hurt itself, and it has been for many years, as is, something like 70 percent of people in cali believe the med system is being widely abused and is nothing more than a loophole...personally i don't find it surprising that they weren't able to get an initiative forward to legalize this year...and i blame a LOT of that on the med industry, for putting profits over legitimacy and professional reputation...

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
This is where the problem is. There is a "Libertarian" running for President and his name is Gary Johnson. The news media has kept him out of public view intentionally.
They want everyone to believe that there are only two choices. Both of those choices are poison, but the third candidate is the guy who wants to bring the U.S. back to the people and away from the rule of Government.
He has a pretty amazing background and served two terms as Gov. of Texas. He pulled Texas up by the bootstraps and worked for the people.
The current system is so rigged and the news media helps that rigging with biased reporting which completely leans in the direction of the status quo.
A good example of how rigged the news is, is hundreds of dispensaries, hundreds of grow ops, thousands of people arrested, hundreds of property seizures, all done by the DEA, with riot gear and weapons drawn and NOT ONE MENTION of any of it on the world news. The East coast and Mid West know nothing about all of this unless it's viewed on the internet.
So from where I sit, there's no other choice than the Libertarian, Gary Johnson. Only one problem, no many know he's running due to you know who.

Gary Johnson 2012!!

He's who I'm voting for. I can't stomach the R's and D's anymore.
Maybe when people get past the "voting for the lesser of 2 evils", "throwing your vote away", "a vote for 3rd party is a vote for Obama", etc mentality, America may have a chance. People everywhere are wondering why we are heading down the road to a full on police state yet they are going to the polls in November and voting en mass for 1 of the 2 major parties allowing our country to slip further and further down the rabbit hole when all the while our "leaders" are selling us out for campaign dollars from the highest paying private security firms. Shit makes me sick
In a yahoo poll shortly after the government acknowledged they had passed a bill allowing 30,000 unmanned drone flights over the US starting next year, over 60% of respondents said if the flights man them feel safer they were all for it. FUCK THEM.
Those sheeple willing to trade liberties for a little "imagined" safety deserve neither!!! These same sheepish pieces of shit are willing to drag the rest of us down with them so they "feel" safe. Again, FUCK THEM.
Oh, and just to correct you GreenGoblin420, Gary Johnson is the former Governor of New Mexico. Not Texas.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I actually don't like either choice and if I had my way obviously Ron Paul would be your man and the other two would be kicked to the curb. They say you have to pick the lesser of two evils here and I say WTF is going on here and how did it come to this? How did everyone get hoodwinked into this type of a world? Not only from cannabis but from WAR,PRIVACY,GMO,BIG PHARMA,FUKUSHIMA .. I could bring stuff they have done all day and why? This type of world we did not ask for we were just handed and in the last 10 years .. By WHO? and we keep asking them to stop and when we find out what they have been doing and to who it's too late and the damage has been done! How is this right and who is giving them the right to do all this? Why is the news giving ppl just BULLSHIT? why is the truth not being told? Why are they poisoning us not only in mind but in body? headband 707

Skip

Veteran
Roseanne Barr is also running for president on the Peace and Freedom Party Ticket (check it out!). She is for marijuana legalization and is very liberal. She was on the Green Ticket, but lost the primary. You do know who she is, right?

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Sorry, but this is sad. Of course Obama is going to promise "the world" to get reelected. But the man is a consummate and endless liar. He's not going to support MMJ. He would have to unravel the government's war machine against it and he just simply won't do it.

Now look, I understand not being a Romney fan. But to be an Obama fan, and believe his lies makes you a fool. No offense intended but wake up! He kept none of his campaign promises from 08, is not actively working to create jobs in this country, and spends more time "phucking off" than any President should ever consider, or be allowed, given the circumstances we face as a nation. This man begged for the job, berated George Bush for job losses, debt, etc. And we know Obama has not done one damn thing to CREATE a job. He simply let the American people create jobs as they always do and now has told us "look at the jobs I created". BS

Forget that Obama sounds believable and use your head. Listen to these lies and promises he cannot begin to account for. Example? How do you finance a war, end it, then pay back debt with the savings? It pisses me off because he makes fools out of people that believe in him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYI7qPO5wVw

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...anonymous-masks-to-protest-acta-signing.shtml

Okay I guess I have two points here. There were supposed to be two other ppl at that debate besides Obummer and asshole you guys know this right? Because of who was paying for this they didn't invite them to this party so how is this right?? I say WTF is going on in your elections ? This was Ron Paul's fill in ..
I don't like Obummer but I like dickhead even less.. I know a tool when I see him and Romney is a tool with money the worst kind. .. headband 707

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Roseanne Barr is also running for president on the Peace and Freedom Party Ticket (check it out!). She is for marijuana legalization and is very liberal. She was on the Green Ticket, but lost the primary. You do know who she is, right?

What are you trying to say Skip that I'm crazy like Rosie??lol jk.. Nah I don't know what she is up to.. I heard she lives in Hawaii so that would be a great place to grow lol headband 707:biggrin:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...anonymous-masks-to-protest-acta-signing.shtml

Okay I guess I have two points here. There were supposed to be two other ppl at that debate besides Obummer and asshole you guys know this right? Because of who was paying for this they didn't invite them to this party so how is this right?? I say WTF is going on in your elections ? This was Ron Paul's fill in ..
I don't like Obummer but I like dickhead even less.. I know a tool when I see him and Romney is a tool with money the worst kind. .. headband 707

here is why...i can't say who.
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2012/10/debate-commission.html
bought and paid for...
politics and religion...old as whoring.

MedPatient88

There needs to be a legitimate candidate that also happens to be against the war on drugs. I would never vote for a guy Like Ron Paul etc, just because they support cannabis legalization. Neither side wants cannabis legal, because there is too much money flowing to them from Big Pharma and the alcohol industry etc, saying no to legalization. Cannabis was made illegal for financial reasons and remains so today.

But some states are starting to see that they can make alot of money from cannabis. I saw a special on Colorado Medical Marijuana, claiming that the state was able to balance their budget thanks to the money coming in from medical marijuana. A report came out when I was in high school talking about how much money could be saved by legalization and taxation. It was only endorsed by 500 of the countries top economists, but what do they know. I guess they need to have the money in hand to believe it.
http://web.archive.org/web/20110718082820/http://www.prohibitioncosts.org/execsummary.html

Rouge

Why don't we have campaign financing by the people mandatory? Yet we have trillions to give to the banksters and the businesses in a so called free enterprise market???
I don't get that.
Sure would've put principled people like a Nader, a Paul, a Johnson, before the American public. If The People have the biggest pockets, why don't we have the biggest voice? At least History can never say we did not have great potential presidents presented to us.

Why do we have lobbying...... err...bribery at every level of government? Watch... as this corruption turn your so call democracy into a fascist state if not an outright dictatorship.... and we will welcome it because the new order will be a model of virtue compared to what went before.

Our leadership is for sale to the highest bidder and has been so for a very long time. Even Woodrow Wilson was lobbied.....err...bribed to create the Fed, a private bank, to obtain his presidency....(could hardly believe that when I read it). It is a tribute to the strength in the ideas of freedom that has kept this place a thriving democracy for this long.

I sure as hell don't want to be around when the shit hits the fan 'cause its gonna take a hell of a lot more than voting to reach a more fair and balanced equilibrium. The least I can do right now is to vote for Johnson or not vote at all. End of rant.

If Obama is reelected, no one will have any money to buy mj.

P.S. appalled that Obama has made bastardy fashionable.....sorry , i'm just old fashioned.

MIway

Veteran
Why don't we have campaign financing by the people mandatory? Yet we have trillions to give to the banksters and the businesses in a so called free enterprise market???
I don't get that.

From the position of the entrenched... The system works just fine... Why allow for it to be evened out and closer to fair? The system is exclusionary and elitist... Works just fine. And those bail outs are really just pay backs... It all good. Have some mcd's, watch a little idol, pop a xanax with a beer... Go to work tomorrow... It will all be just fine.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
From the position of the entrenched... The system works just fine... Why allow for it to be evened out and closer to fair? The system is exclusionary and elitist... Works just fine. And those bail outs are really just pay backs... It all good. Have some mcd's, watch a little idol, pop a xanax with a beer... Go to work tomorrow... It will all be just fine.

^^^^^YEAH ^^^ DO THIS^^^^ LOL
lol
relax ,,,tranquil,, it will all be OKAY.. take a pill drink some booze it's OK!!!
Why can't you just fall inline ffs lol headband 707:woohoo:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
here is why...i can't say who.
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2012/10/debate-commission.html
bought and paid for...
politics and religion...old as whoring.

Yeah I think we have the same crap here in Canada I don't pay that much attention because it gets on my nerves just to listen to them so I don't. I'm not sure if it's so blatant where you can push a party out of the race the way they have pushed Ron Paul out. I don't think I have ever seen anything as twisted as this. I mean I knew there was a lot of corruption in your politics I just never thought there was this much and ppl just went along with it. Like the bank bullshit.. This would make me want to move lol headband 707

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
There needs to be a legitimate candidate that also happens to be against the war on drugs. I would never vote for a guy Like Ron Paul etc, just because they support cannabis legalization. Neither side wants cannabis legal, because there is too much money flowing to them from Big Pharma and the alcohol industry etc, saying no to legalization. Cannabis was made illegal for financial reasons and remains so today.

But some states are starting to see that they can make alot of money from cannabis. I saw a special on Colorado Medical Marijuana, claiming that the state was able to balance their budget thanks to the money coming in from medical marijuana. A report came out when I was in high school talking about how much money could be saved by legalization and taxation. It was only endorsed by 500 of the countries top economists, but what do they know. I guess they need to have the money in hand to believe it.
http://web.archive.org/web/20110718082820/http://www.prohibitioncosts.org/execsummary.html

Okay well your first point really stuck me when you said:

I would never vote for a guy Like Ron Paul etc, just because they support cannabis legalization. Neither side wants cannabis legal, because there is too much money flowing to them from Big Pharma and the alcohol industry etc, saying no to legalization. Cannabis was made illegal for financial reasons and remains so today.

Okay first that's a mouthful why would you not vote for the only guy that want's cannabis legal? Second have you ever even heard what Ron Paul has to say in comparison to what Obummer and Romney say? Anyone who say's they don't think this guy is the guy for the job I have to scatch my head and say WTF is wrong with your thinking? I suggest you listen to what the man is saying then you get back to me on who is right and who is wrong here. headband 707:)