What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Camping gounds in NY state

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
I plan to go camping the last two weeks-3 weeks in november. I would like to go somewhere on the boarder of PA in NY state, I'm looking for a large state park with camping that allows dogs

Normally I go out somewhere in western PA and have a whole state park to myself as no people really camp when it is cold

My gf is going to take me, and stay with me on weekends and I will have the week to myself

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Roscoe NY on Route 17, Beaverkill Falls nearby, awesome true world class trout fishing and small game hunting too....... not to mention the world famous Roscoe Diner that'll serve you up a huge breakfast. Google up a map of the area & if it intrigues you then just contact the Roscoe Chamber of Commerce @ www.roscoeny.com or dial them up @ 1-607-498-5222.

darkhollo

1) Check out harriman state park.. it's just north of you a few miles.
2) Check out black rock forest.
3) Schunemunk State Forest
4) and look at the Appalachian Trail.

I grew up in this area and there is so many great places to hike and camp. PM me if you want more specifics. I can give you google maps plot points to see waterfalls and all sorts of great lookouts.

Beautiful area.. hope you take advantage!!

--dh

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
1) Check out harriman state park.. it's just north of you a few miles.
2) Check out black rock forest.
3) Schunemunk State Forest
4) and look at the Appalachian Trail.

I grew up in this area and there is so many great places to hike and camp. PM me if you want more specifics. I can give you google maps plot points to see waterfalls and all sorts of great lookouts.

Beautiful area.. hope you take advantage!!

--dh
you hvae a pm