What's new

camouflage netting?

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
If you cover and blend them in also they would work well for 2-3 mo and not be that noticeable and you wouldn't have to worry about containers being seen. Move plants out in the sun to flower and you could get zips.

Planting underneath or near branches or plants can help with wind, cold, animals, using whats already outside can be easier than hauling in cover.

dk what the lumens would be in there compared to a led?

JOJO420

Veteran
I have seen a garden in Hawaii that had netting like this. It was old NATO tank netting that was bought from the surplus store back in the 70's.I t was strung up to and around a old dead tree. The dead tree was the center and allowed full sun into the garden. The netting was strung from the lower branche to rock walls built around the perimeter of the dead tree. Under the netting was terraced rings with plants on hydroponic wick systems. It was in full use for over 15 yrs with ZERO detection from Green Harvest. I was told stories of helicopter going almost vertical and stalling trying to see this garden, doing death spirals at tree level, but it was never detected.
So long story short, i know it will work if done with the right ingenuity. Just plopping a duck blind over a plant wont do it,lol
I love this discussion as I see many uses for camo netting in certain situations.

P

powerrobbie

Dude you really dont think your yield will be affected? I think it will fuck it up royally, sure the plant will be big but light is most important in flower...i think this will be a serious waste of time and money and and 8X50 will stick out like crazy from above IMO.

G

greenmatter

every person here who has issues with the light penetration thing is 100% correct,there is less. on the other hand if you ask anyone you know who has been in the military they will tell you it aint dark under a net, so you could grow. problem is net is easier to see than you think. they use helicopters to look for your crop because you cant do it worth a shit with a fixed wing aircraft. if cammo net was the be all and end all answer to outdoor getting busted you could not even get the stuff.(or it would have been stretched from seattle to LA in 1975) cammo net is GREAT but it is not gonna make you bust proof

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
im going to try it over a patch and see how it works. the only way to tell is to try it out

T

tony clifton

they actually look in a scope in some choppers that makes canabis look purple compared to the surrounding vegitation!
makes it way easier to spot than you think!

T.C. :smokey:

S

SexInTheCity

Go to 6:20 of this first video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69gb7zbgHhE

It`s WWII training video..very funny and good info and cheap designs...also I watched this about a week ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hOle93SSL0&feature=channel_video_title
It`s a modern video on the technology constantly changing with camo.......

Maybe for the more advanced and great funds we can get some of this stuff...hehehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDtlpJcfQq4&feature=fvwrel

One question AG....Any books you can recommend that you think are great with aviation? I got the flight training manual 4th edition by gage...Peace

Good way to hide the plants, would be some what impossible to notice from the sky.
Your worry would be someone crossing by.

Casper808

Good info any updates?would be nice to find insect screen camouflage color?let light thru and maybe camo a bit.aloha

Swamp Thang

Veteran
After considering and then discarding the idea of camo netting, I went ahead and used BROWN vegetation - dried root masses of water plants, to be exact, to conceal the swamp tubes that contain my grow this year.

Before I tried that measure, I had been able to spot my planters through the foliage with ease, when I paddled past in a nearby creek. Festooned with the stringy brown root systems of water weeds, those same planters vanished right before my eyes, such that I simply could not pick them out of the jungle back-ground, even as I stared intently at the spot where they had all stood out, prior to my camo upgrade.

Obviously, my method still leaves the plants themselves exposed, but in my swamp, that is no probpem at all, since the green of the plants will match the surrounding vegetation precisely, so that the overall picture from the air is a tiny cluster of old tree stumps, all overgrown with water-weed foliage.

Camo netting may work for grow site concealment, but careful use of locally sourced vegetation will work as well or even better than the netting.

Latest posts

Latest posts