What's new

Calling All Pot Sommeliers

how about we change the strain names??

no more bullshit hype marketing names

I wana go off what the strain smells like and its dominant phenotype and genes.

this is how i've been identifying strains...

if it smells like a berry and its an indica. its an indica berry
if it smells like citrus of floral, the same applies

this way we all can relate with our dominant sense the nose. no confusion. or hype or marketing, save that crap for someone who gives a damn.

whats the strain? just follow your nose
c3274d21-1242-4510-9865-010a40bd6f35_4262.jpg

Nader

Veteran
Wishing I could find decent affordable wine that's made without sulphites. Doesn't have to be Romanee-Conti or anything.. just, decent!

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
there is the problem that, such an group is most honest and reliable when it is open to full disclosure, and that, of course, is impossible due to the law. but, even underground, there are "names" who over time have shown ability and character, whose opinions you trust.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
smell is just one aspect. I think the best thing to do would be to divide up strains in to two major categories. Pre and post scientifically documented. One contains everything that was bred before legalization, and the other contains new strains that are started fresh with land races and back breed until be have new strains that have been scientifically documented.

Then make is the new practice to list on the jar label the genetic line from land race, the breeder, the grower, the method of growing, where it was grown, and the date it was picked.

Example (this is some of the finest wine on the planet)

Château Latour

.Latour-1961_m.jpg

Château Latour notes
Appellation : Pauillac
Classification : Premier grand cru classé
Second wine : Les Forts de Latour
Surface area : 65 hectares
Grape varieties : 75 % of Cabernet Sauvignon, 20 % of Merlot, 4 % of Cabernet Franc and 1 % of Petit Verdot
Average annual production : 18000/19000 cases
Best vintages : 1945, 1959, 1961,1982, 1990, 1996, 2000, 2003, 2005

so a fake example for cannabis it would be like
This is from, from Blue Mountains, Jamaica. 100 percent organic, grown in soil, outdoor green house, by SacredTHCRitual. Picked on October 30th 2011. The linage is Hawaiian Sativa crossed with Thai sativa. back crossed 6 times.

so you can see why a nick name is necessary to prevent having to blurt out a whole paragraph every time some body asks what we are smoking. or you can just show them the label.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok Hash,
I see where you're going. An independent group of growers who describe and rate current offerings would be a very good thing provided that it could be truly independent.
Let's face it. How many consumer magazines, say electronics as an example, who never have a bad thing to say about an advertisers product while a non advertisers wares are mercilessly hacked to death.

I'm in. Sign me up for the apprenticeship program. ;)
Hopefully, they'll come up with a classier moniker than 'Buzzmeister'.

Wine spectator is a joke. the master somms I used to work with laughed at it. they kiss the ass of American wine when in reality it is way over priced compared to French and Italian. kinda like why I dont like the cannabis cup. It is basically a competition to see who can kiss the ass of high times the most.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wishing I could find decent affordable wine that's made without sulphites. Doesn't have to be Romanee-Conti or anything.. just, decent!

just one example of cheap white white wine that is excellent and available at Costco.
san di gregorio falaghina. I have no idea if it has sulfates. that is not something that has come up in discussion for me.
falanghina.jpg

440F0CC245FE4041904F0D17A779C8A7.ashx

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
one day in a legalized market i for sure see details on the jars similar to nutrition labels or something....

first you would have the brand which could be anything, the wine shelves have many different marketing avenues and different labels...some look more vintage, others go with a newer hip look, etc..

i would imagine that certain farms would pump out their own brands, just like every other agricultural product, and i would love to see all the info like listed above..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^most wine is made by wine makers that buy grapes from the vineyards. They are called master blenders. Most wines comes from grapes from different vineyards. When all the greats come from one vineyard it is called a single vineyard wine. they are generally the best you can get.

I imagine it will be that way with hash in a legal market here, but I think you are right about the weed. the farm will be the brand. The process is different, and would be easier for farmers to do.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea my position in the wine industry is simply production, although we are good friends with wine makers both small and large....thats what i love about the wine industry and the RMLW act....both small scale and large scale co-exist side by side and do business witheachother and most vinters, wine makers, etc all want eachother to survive and flourish together, its not like most industries that try to muscle out competition...

this year we sold grapes to big name produces like gallo and kendall jackson, and also did small tonnage to winemakers who only release several barrels a year...

certain "mega brands" will also consist of several farms....i like that idea too. you can buy herb from a single brand that will have bud from outdoor gardens in mendo, trinity, butte county...as well as indoor buds, etc...they will basically serve as the "processors" that recieve intake from numerous farms, because not all farmers want to be involved in the retail process...so their will be a nice chain of supply from garden to processor to marijuana club to patient...and as always there will be patient direct to growers for people into that kind of thing. just like you can drive up to napa and go to the vineyard itself and get a better price on bottles...or just buy from you local liquor store..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^Weed will spawn a legal tourist industry I hope one day. If it does I wanna get some land some where in sunny cali, or Hawaii where it is warm all year and build a small 5 star boutique hotel/ hang out spot for stoners with good taste and the money to satisfy it. This place would be a trip.

the theme is airy and open and made with Roman architectural design. Lots of travertine stone. The Ideal architect would be Getty. The overall Idea though is to build a place that when you go to it you think you got to take a little vacation to Mount Olympus for a while. A few hours ago you were in the hustle and bustle of the city, and now your in this Ancient Eden, and you can the city by the ocean way down at the bottom of the mountain, and it looks so peaceful. And some days the resort is above the clouds and it seems like you are on in island floating in the sky.

The main building will contain, a Lobby, a restaurant, a bar, and a weed/hash bar. Specializing in the best of the best. Everything but the rooms would be open to the public at a limited rate. Over crowding would destroy the ambiance. Rooms you have to make reservations and pay for. The majority of the money comes from alcohol at any place similar. This place it would mostly come from alcohol, weed, and hash.

It would have acres of shady forest with travertine stone trails that go through that lead to quiet spots that have hammocks, and fountains of Ancient Roman Gods. Vines growing on everything. There will be little clearings cut out to let light in and expose views of the mountains and coat. There will be scattered fruit trees so at the right time of year you can just pick fresh fruit, and wash it in the fountain next to the tree. classical music will play, like Bach, Paganini, Beethoven, ect. The trails will be lit by old time lanterns at night. flickering flame is better for ambiance than bulbs.

It would have about 6-12 rooms, which are separate bungalows.

Each bungalow would have a coastal view patio with a little gas powered fire pit and chairs and two person benches around it, and some tables to put glasses and roll joints. fire pit has to be gas powered because log burning makes you stink like burnt wood and that ruins the ambiance of that situation.

The bungalows will look like mini roman temples. 4 large corner pillars, but with glass walls in between, that have white curtains for privacy. The each glass wall is made of 3 panels that each have a center hinge and each panel can be rotated in the best direction to let air in. Each panel also has it's own curtain so light can still be controlled. Marble bathtubs and what not. bed in the center and has full privacy curtains. HD everything. wifi. all the basics.

Check out the Getty center.
41516648.jpg

DSCF0309.JPG

getty.jpg

gettyview.jpg

Getty-Center.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

GettyCenter24.JPG

getty-center-49.4.jpg

1147323.jpg

getty-center-cactus-garden-7.4.jpg

9079543.jpg

Im.Sur-72.jpg

GettyGarden1.JPG

1313002007-fran-and-ray-sculpture-garden-1.jpg

GettyCenter66.JPG

GettyCenter176.JPG

DSCN1506.JPG

57419438.jpg

dsc_11271.jpg

Last edited:

Red Fang

Veteran
^Weed will spawn a legal tourist industry I hope one day. If it does I wanna get some land some where in sunny cali, or Hawaii where it is warm all year and build a small 5 star boutique hotel/ hang out spot for stoners with good taste and the money to satisfy it. This place would be a trip.

the theme is airy and open and made with Roman architectural design. Lots of travertine stone. The Ideal architect would be Getty. The overall Idea though is to build a place that when you go to it you think you got to take a little vacation to Mount Olympus for a while. A few hours ago you were in the hustle and bustle of the city, and now your in this Ancient Eden, and you can the city by the ocean way down at the bottom of the mountain, and it looks so peaceful. And some days the resort is above the clouds and it seems like you are on in island floating in the sky.

The main building will contain, a Lobby, a restaurant, a bar, and a weed/hash bar. Specializing in the best of the best. Everything but the rooms would be open to the public at a limited rate. Over crowding would destroy the ambiance. Rooms you have to make reservations and pay for. The majority of the money comes from alcohol at any place similar. This place it would mostly come from alcohol, weed, and hash.

It would have acres of shady forest with travertine stone trails that go through that lead to quiet spots that have hammocks, and fountains of Ancient Roman Gods. Vines growing on everything. There will be little clearings cut out to let light in and expose views of the mountains and coat. There will be scattered fruit trees so at the right time of year you can just pick fresh fruit, and wash it in the fountain next to the tree. classical music will play, like Bach, Paganini, Beethoven, ect. The trails will be lit by old time lanterns at night. flickering flame is better for ambiance than bulbs.

It would have about 6-12 rooms, which are separate bungalows.

Each bungalow would have a coastal view patio with a little gas powered fire pit and chairs and two person benches around it, and some tables to put glasses and roll joints. fire pit has to be gas powered because log burning makes you stink like burnt wood and that ruins the ambiance of that situation.

The bungalows will look like mini roman temples. 4 large corner pillars, but with glass walls in between, that have white curtains for privacy. The each glass wall is made of 3 panels that each have a center hinge and each panel can be rotated in the best direction to let air in. Each panel also has it's own curtain so light can still be controlled. Marble bathtubs and what not. bed in the center and has full privacy curtains. HD everything. wifi. all the basics.

Check out the Getty center.
41516648.jpg

DSCF0309.JPG

getty.jpg

gettyview.jpg

Getty-Center.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

GettyCenter24.JPG

getty-center-49.4.jpg

1147323.jpg

getty-center-cactus-garden-7.4.jpg

9079543.jpg

Im.Sur-72.jpg

GettyGarden1.JPG

1313002007-fran-and-ray-sculpture-garden-1.jpg

GettyCenter66.JPG

GettyCenter176.JPG

DSCN1506.JPG

57419438.jpg

dsc_11271.jpg
yyikes that is quite a plan, can I be a business partner, or am I invited at least! :D

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^Well I dont think I could get john Paul Getty to design it. Nor would it be as big as the Getty Center. it is just the building that inspired the idea originally.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is a museum in L.A. you have to make an appointment to go, but it is well worth it. You park at the bottom of the mountain and a light rail train takes you up the side. I would bring your own lunch though in a back pack.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
Yeah but the TRUE master's IMHO DONT even know what a computer looks like, let along go advertising on the net or ICMAG .......lol

The "True Master" stay hidden, that's why there masters ;)

Just seems like another system to lable us and put us in little boxes......

1. Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
Little boxes, little boxes,
Little boxes, all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
And they all look just the same.

2. And the people in the houses
All go to the university,
And they all get put in boxes,
And there's doctors and there's lawyers
And business executives,

3. And they all play on the golf-course,
And drink their Martini dry,
And they all have pretty children,
And the children go to school.
And the children go to summer camp
And then to the university,
And they all get put in boxes
And they all come out the same.

4. And the boys go into business,
And marry, and raise a family,
And they all get put in boxes,
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one

i swear i love this song and im soooo damned happy someone type out the words. . . seriously, thank you

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So guys now that the states legalized and prices are dropping dramatically and some people are caring less about quality I suggest we get the ball rolling on this.