What's new

Cali's back! 24 GI's, 800 watts, canna coco, ebb and flo

G

guest5703

General info-Title pretty much explains it. I've got 24 6" sqaures filled with only Green Ice. Hoping to get a fast above avg harvest. Two 400's: 1-HPS, 1-MH. I will be hand watering with gallon jugs, ebb and flo. The coco loves to suck up water, and it does it very evenly spreading the water throughout the whole pot.

Strain info-Green Ice is a cut I was given a few year ago now. She is a cross of Green Crack but looks identical IMO, but I've been told it is slightly different. Not ever having the chance to grow GC I wouldn't really be able to compare. Green Ice is FAST, just like GC she can be harvested in 45 days. I've seen her pulled around 38 and she was still dank....Believe it. The nugs can get pretty dense and large, but I've never seen super long colas, just dense but individual nugs. She veg's like a monster, branching out to the sides everywhere instead of growing vertically. Cuts root in 7 days most of the time. The smell is outstanding, super strong fruity aspect with body odor undertones IMO. She is a knockout to smoke, a few bowls in the morning and I'm napping in the afternoon. I'd say theres a good mix of sativa in their, but mostly indica style smoke.

Nutrients-Canna Cocos A and B for the base, also Rizotonic for the roots. PK 13/14 will be added during week 3-4 I believe. I will also be using botanicares Cal Mag + and the Silica Blast to build up plant tissue for strength. I used House and Garden before so I will be adding Algen Extract while the plants are in veg. During transplant I also add a tiny amount of Great White for the roots.

-Anyone have a good bud boost I could use with all that?? I've used mad farmer, and shooting powder, I've heard beastie blooms is good?? Thanks.

On to the pictures! Nothing special yet, but like I said things will start moving faaast in about two weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some shots of GI previously grown and harvested, I'd say these shots were taken around 50 days of flower.

Only 2 plants here in 6" pots.....imagine 24!!!

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for stoppin in, make sure to check back in a few weeks when things are really gonna get going!:woohoo:

Last edited:

707Corridor

Dude Cali! Glad to have yah back. I remember check your stuff out when I still a rookie.

That looks like some killer smoke.

Ill be sticking around for this one.

:joint:

*mistress*

Veteran
:lurk:

-Anyone have a good bud boost I could use with all that?? I've used mad farmer, and shooting powder, I've heard beastie blooms is good?? Thanks.
gh liquid kool bloom. bottle instructions... or, 1 tbsp (15ml) per gal, which is stronger than bottle instructions.
+
wholesome sweeteners molasses. 1 tbsp per gal

optional...
the same mix is then diluted in 32oz spray bottle to ~250 ppm, or ~10:1 ratio on the spray bottle, then water added. ph adjusted up to 7.0+ w/ pro-tekt. pro-tekt usually raises ph to 6.9+ using bottle instructions in spray bottle (1/4 tsp per gal). never used silica blast...

that is foliar sprayed until ~week 6. ~1 time per week.

enjoy your garden!

greenatik

yes! i'm grabbin a frontrow seat while there's still room!

hey cali why the switch from H&G? just ran out? trying new things?

I like the liquid koolbloom as a booster so far but I only use 5ml /gallon. I just picked up shooting powder, whats the low down on this stuff? how/when do you use it?

peace :abduct:

G

guest5703

707Corridor-Glad to have you come and check out my new grow! It's gonna get sticky so I'm sure I'll see ya around!

*mistress*-Thanks for the advice mistress, I was planning on getting koolbloom for sure, many people recommend it. My buddy had some hydroplex layin so I took it. Hopefully it will be a decent bud boost, I use botanicare's products already and am happy so far. Next run I will buy the koolbloom to try it out ;)

Vegan-Yea dude the growth has begun!!!

Natagonnaworrie-Right on buddy stop in whenever you like!

greenatik-Yo man! Nah I didnt run out, I actually had the same H & G nutrients for over 2 years and I'm pretty sure they went bad and were horrible for my plants. Dissapointed me so much I just stopped flowering shit lol. Finally back after 2 months + of no flowering. The shooting powder seemed to work for me.....I have read many things about it and heres what I think. Basically it works from my experience and what I've seen on IC, you start lightly in week 4 and continue to full strength until week 6/7. The problem for me was shooting powder is made to make your plants totally re-flower. So after yours buds have grown, and are beggning to ripen, another set of calyxs comes through and has to ripen. It just made foxtails for me kind of, but some buds were noticablly denser/fatter.

Alright were starting flower TODAY! :woohoo:I probably could veg a little longer, but they should be fine and totally fill in all the space they have anyways. I was manually turning off the light for veg at first, and was doing it at different hours. I would turn em off from noon to 4, then the next day from 4-6 or some shit. I think I stressed the girls a bit, but then just flipped it on 24/7 and now I've got some 5 blade leaves coming out. The plants looks fine though, nice and thick!!! Hopefully there will be no floppy branches in this grow, in the past my GI has had flowers too heavy for it's branches but it's because I vegged them under T-5 flourescents and put them directly under 400's to flower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's the nutrients I'm using. No more algen extract, that's just for veg. Also I ran out of Rhizo so no more of that from now on, usually I would continue the Rhizo until the 3rd week of flower. Trying this new Grape sweet, and hydroplex from botanicare, got them both from a friend so what the hell lets see what happens!

picture.php

:joint: See ya all in a week or so!

greenatik

so i thought the shooting powder was also a p/k boost? i want big buds the koolbloom has worked but i was under the impression that the shooting powder was the bomb..

nice start to flowering bro! you will like that grape sweet. have you used sweet before? i've tried all the flavors, using grape right now, sure smells like a candy shop in my tent :laughing:

chemsteady

nice cali!

nice cali!

cali, i use the liquid kool bloom at 7ml per gal as per rezs suggestion. pretty good results, nice clean nutes those gh boys gots. good luck, that crack cross looks dank!

~c

hazy

Veteran
I keep scrolling up and down checking that growth rate. Those nutes must work because those GIs look fantastic. It's going to be interesting to see what you pull off of this sog in those small pots. I know good and well that caligreen does not need a very big pot to pull nice yields.
Good to see you back around amigo, don't be a stranger, come on by and see what I've been up to.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
i could pm you my schedual. u use everything i use from botanicare hehe in line with my h&G nutes. trade the canna products for h&g and looks like my nute rack lol
for PK boosters i use MOAB 1-52-34 now plus b1 was 1-52-32 i have a way about using it similar to shooting powder timing week 4,5,6 maybe 7 in a longer strain. i have green crack and you described it in the GI description lol down to the fruity BO haha and growth rates patterns et.c. explosive plant from what i see and mine is stackin hard now hitting week 4 and booster time (evil grin ) ur last run with GI looks super nice Bro great work there! hit me up

G

guest5703

bbing-Thanks bro!I think I'll be using Hydroplex from botanicare though for this run. Got it for free so I figured I'd see what it has to offer. And for some reason I've always avoided using other peoples charts, the lucas one is an example. I just wasn't ever interested, I like to fuck around and see what happens instead lol. May not be the most efficient method, but its fun to see what different nutrients do.

greenatik-Oh I think shooting powder is probably a pk boost. And If I said it didnt work well I retract my statement, I think it did make my plants more dense and larger but I never saw a huge difference but I guess I shouldn't expect to ever see a crazy difference like I imagine I would. I picture my buds getting super fat off of boosts.....My friend and I always joke when we buy a new booster, we say "hell yea this is gonna make the buds blow up!" Then we continue to say "literally, wouldnt that be crazy if we walked into the room and nugs exploded all over the walls" LMAO.

I've used sweet before but just the regular version, havent used any since all these new crazy kinds came out. Looking forward to a roomful of candy ;)

krushonkush-Nice to see ya mang! Stop by anytime, the show is just starting! :joint:

chemsteady-Thanks brotha! I think I will definitely try the GH next time I have heard nothing but good results from it!

hazy-I think I stopped by your thread a minute ago, but I'll check it out again to be sure. I fuckin smoked my memory away lol. Hell yea these nutes seem to do the job so far, I burned a couple fans though after a week and a half of full strength flwr week one. Learned my lesson bout that before but guess I just wanted to push the GI's and see how much they would take. I gave em two waterings of fresh water and now I got some more of week 2 flwr on em. They are fucking HEALTHY. Never had plants this green all the way up and down before. All stalks are super green. Every plants was topped once, and they've all got like 4 tops each!!! They should yield at least 10 grams a plant, but hopefully I will reach my goal of 14/plant. PEACE GOOD BUDDY!

SirSmokalot
-Man I loved the H & G I just had the same big bottles 2 years+ and they went bad, totally fucked up some danky larger sour dubbles. So I figured I'll just venture out and try the canna line since it's basically the same IMO. I used the MOAB like 4 years ago and I think it was cool but I probably wasn't using it right. I have some thats's been sitting in my pantry for like 3 years now, would it still be good?? It's a powder so I was thinking it hasnt been really hot in there at all so it should be good still right?? Anyways I gotta stop by your thread, shit is seriously poppin over there!

teddybud-Hey good to see you teddybud it has been a while, where ya been hiding?!?!

Everything is looking awesome! All the plants are generally the same height and soo healthy!!! I knock on wood, becuase I gotta say I think I will for sure reach my goal of 3/4lb. I can't wait, I'm more than stoked to see how the flowers hold them selves up and get freakin enormous from the additives I'm using....Plus, I am running the light at night now a days and my temp is like under 80 every time!!! Humidity is crazy outta control at like 70% though, I am getting a dehuey soon so not to worry! Check this shit out, talk about SOG!

picture.php

picture.php

A couple out the box for size reference with a bic.

picture.php

It's a forest in there!

picture.php

Thick sturdy stalks to hold themselves up too, they normally get vegged under T-5's and straight into flower, but this time they were vegged right, under 800 watts. They look amazing!!!

picture.php

picture.php

Got another week then we start seeing frost and pistils shootin out every which way.:woohoo: Wish the girls luck! PEACE

greenatik

bomb as always cali :joint: i think we all have to justify spending the money on additives by saying they are gunna blow up:laughing: the shooting powder isn't too expensive about 25$ / 50 gallons. we'll see how if it fattens em up more then the koolbloom

lookin foreward to the next update

Latest posts

Latest posts