What's new

~California Vert. Projects ~ The Sagas of a Medicinal Grower~

Sleeper7784

just when I grabbed 100+ gals of dirt lol :wallbash:

Lol. Yeah but you do work harder watering, unless you've got a dialed in chilled, rez and drip set up.

In the past, in 20s dead of summer I was hand watering 4 times a day. I hope the 45s make it just once in the morning and once at night.

Sleeper7784

72 day harvest.

72 day harvest.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sleeper7784

Had to raise the roof, and cover the ends.
Also switched the door opening and back so I can walk straight to the back of the plants to water.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Sleeper7784

what was wrong with the Harvey Sleep

I've been planning on elaborating, just been a little busy. But since you asked...

I had an embarrassing 250g harvest. I've never cropped out that low in my life. I don't know forsure what cause it, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with lighting.

I started flowering with my 600w magnetic ballast, and a 2 year 600 hps bulb. Then bought a new galaxy and 1k hortilux, ran it at 1k for about a week, found out the dimmer switch didn't work, hooked the 600w tank back up, while I exchanged my galaxy. Got the galaxy running again at 1k for about 3 weeks then my braker started tripping so I had to dim it down to 600. Ran that for a week then when my old crop ahead of that came down, they moved over to a 1k light to finish out.

It got a little complicated.

Then I'm wondering if dimming the 1k hps to 600 screws up the lumen output, or if I'm still getting the same lumens a 600w bulb spits out.

Sleeper7784

Day 43 poppin off. They look like they're a little heavier than before. If this weighs out light again. I'm going to have a heart attack. Anything under 456g does not pay the bills!!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I've been planning on elaborating, just been a little busy. But since you asked...

I had an embarrassing 250g harvest. I've never cropped out that low in my life. I don't know forsure what cause it, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with lighting.

I started flowering with my 600w magnetic ballast, and a 2 year 600 hps bulb. Then bought a new galaxy and 1k hortilux, ran it at 1k for about a week, found out the dimmer switch didn't work, hooked the 600w tank back up, while I exchanged my galaxy. Got the galaxy running again at 1k for about 3 weeks then my braker started tripping so I had to dim it down to 600. Ran that for a week then when my old crop ahead of that came down, they moved over to a 1k light to finish out.

It got a little complicated.

Then I'm wondering if dimming the 1k hps to 600 screws up the lumen output, or if I'm still getting the same lumens a 600w bulb spits out.

You might want to look at other factors besides the lighting. I just pulled some good weight in a garden with 1kw galaxy ballasts turned down to 600. Full power 1kw would have fried the shit out of my plants (there was a low ceiling in the room). Dimmed to 600w still got over 1lb per light with OG Kush.

was it the Cookies that yeilded poorly? I got 230g. from a 1kw light one time. GSC is a medium producer at best, and she can be inconsistent. Growing GSC i have yeilded all over the map from 0.5 to 1.5lb per light.

maybe try growing the GorillaGlue#4, i hear she will solve your yield problem, and is high quality herb just like GSC

Sleeper7784

A light dimmed down to 600 givens less lumens then a regular 600..... have u checked for bugs?

Interesting... So an avg. 600w have a 90k lumen output. You think my 1000w dimmed to 600 put out less than that? I have to look into that. I'll go buy a new 600 right now if that's the case.

This is my first summer grow at this house so I've got some kinks to work out.

Sleeper7784

You might want to look at other factors besides the lighting. I just pulled some good weight in a garden with 1kw galaxy ballasts turned down to 600. Full power 1kw would have fried the shit out of my plants (there was a low ceiling in the room). Dimmed to 600w still got over 1lb per light with OG Kush.

was it the Cookies that yeilded poorly? I got 230g. from a 1kw light one time. GSC is a medium producer at best, and she can be inconsistent. Growing GSC i have yeilded all over the map from 0.5 to 1.5lb per light.

maybe try growing the GorillaGlue#4, i hear she will solve your yield problem, and is high quality herb just like GSC

I have yielded over 500g's of Purple Urkle with a 600w multiple times. I know good yields are possible under 6's.

Yes it was the GSC. My very first run on her was with my 600, and I pulled a hair over 300g's.
Then I upgaded my whole grow and under the 1k I pulled a hair over 500g's.

Good numbers...

Then this shit!

I'm glad I'm not the only person this has happen to. The only variable that's changed in my garden is lighting.

I've never expected crazy numbers, but if she's that inconsistent got damn. On the bright side, Quality wise it was one of the dankest runs.

I'm definitely ready to move on from GSC. I'll keep the cut around but time for some change.

I've been wanting gg4 but the few who offered has been to far or to busy to meet up for a trade. I've just been waiting for the right person and timing.

Sleeper7784

Yesterday I spent some time on the OD girls wacking off lower and inner branches. I'm still learning how to shape, train, and prune these beast to give me the least amount of larf and the best shot at jumbo nuggs.

Is it best to lollipop them or just let them bush out and keep there natural shape and growth?

Sleeper7784

So its time to get the next round transplanted into their 2gal root pots and vegged out for there trip to the flo room.

picture.php

Any input on what I should do next?

My selections right now are

Cherry Pie

Blue Dream

Green Crack aka Dream Queen.

I'm rinsing my coco and filling my pots right now.

Sleeper7784

After some quick thought my selection will be based on which one will perform the best in the dead of summer. I project my indoor temps possibly reaching upwards of 95. Where I live we always have consecutive days and sometimes consecutive weeks with ambient temps an average of 106.
I don't quite know how well my window ac will perform once ambient temp peaks.

If anyone has an opinion on which would be more heat tolerant I would appreciate the input?

Latest posts

Latest posts