What's new

California Orange???

Does anyone know if Cali-O is still available in seed form? Dutch Passion has discontinued it and Chimera's Calizahr (the closest cross) is OOP, so what's the story?

B

BrothaMicc

Hi !!

Sorry that I can't help with purchasing them but I just wanted to share my little story ! :) The last DP Cali Orange I had were simply horrible ! One hermie, one that didn't made it and 2 females with no to hard-to-see less trichomes. So no real high except some headaches. Really a disgrace !! Also the taste and the smell were absolutely not orange ! Just wanted to let you know ! Just my 2 cents ! ;) Maybe I just got a bad pack so would be nice to hear more on the strain since my experiences were so devastating.

All the best my friends
Michael

mrheadie

same thing here bro. my boy popped 2 packs of dp cali o a few years ago in hopes of finding what we had in the mid-late 90's. he said it wasnt even remotely close and actually culled a few before they finished to make room for new gear. what we had back in the day was some delicious choke!!!

reddy1

ICMag Donor
keep an eye out at seedbay in a month or so, i'll have some more packs of c99 x calio f2s sent in(wallyduck made the original f1 hybrid). from the few reports i read on here, the growers were all raving about them. 2/2 found keepers. i found a pure orange pheno and some pineapple scented ones but most are just fruity. big plants, huge leafs, very resinous, late october finish outdoors.

igrowone

Veteran
cali-o seeds seem to be drying up
i did just pop a nirvana cali-o that i got from SB a ways back, but that's no help here
there are a few banks that still list them, can't vouch how good they are

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While I haven't had DP"s California Orange Bud, the Nirvana Cali-O is nothing like what they offered 10 years ago. The true cali-o is a beautiful 50-50 hybrid. While it's a bit lacking in the potentcy dept, it has some old school effects that you don't see in other strains (occular accuity- colors seem brighter, especially orange).

If there's enough interest, I've got some old f2's I could pop for server fund beans.

1quixotix

In the early 2000's Classic Clone Company had made some s1 of the Aeric77 Calio cut. It was gaining momentum with the C W forums when they and O G got shut down. It was some stellar stuff. I wish someone would resserect the Aeric77 Calio cut without crossing it to anything as this was a true classic. I have been tempted to try breeders renditions of the CO but alway shy away.
Good luck with your search and report back on your findings.

B

BrothaMicc

same thing here bro. my boy popped 2 packs of dp cali o a few years ago in hopes of finding what we had in the mid-late 90's. he said it wasnt even remotely close and actually culled a few before they finished to make room for new gear. what we had back in the day was some delicious choke!!!

Oh really surprised to hear I'm not the only one ! Actually the Orange Bud bagseed I grew out was waaaaay more potent and more orange than anything from DP ! Pure waste of money but thanks for confirming my thoughts ! :thank you:

ogatec2

i grew flying dutchmen royal orange a long time ago and it was extremly orangey. it had bad hermy problems and a boring type of high.. didnt last long in my garden...but extremely orange

supermanlives

Veteran

me too. i think i still got a pack somewhere

mrheadie

Oh really surprised to hear I'm not the only one ! Actually the Orange Bud bagseed I grew out was waaaaay more potent and more orange than anything from DP ! Pure waste of money but thanks for confirming my thoughts ! :thank you:
we actually had a few s1 seeds come out 1 run. planted them next run and their were a few in that batch that were special. unfortunately, the partners i was working with at that house got greedy after i tought them how to work things. they staged a break in blaming each other and took 1/2 the mothers and babies (cali-o and bc kush pink pheno). i found out later they were in it together. the packs my boy got a few years ago were not even close to what my partners stole from me.

B

BrothaMicc

we actually had a few s1 seeds come out 1 run. planted them next run and their were a few in that batch that were special. unfortunately, the partners i was working with at that house got greedy after i tought them how to work things. they staged a break in blaming each other and took 1/2 the mothers and babies (cali-o and bc kush pink pheno). i found out later they were in it together. the packs my boy got a few years ago were not even close to what my partners stole from me.

Oh what a shame brother !! Really too many selfish and fake "friends" out there ! Always have to worry if they don't stab you in the back ! I feel your loss my brother and thanks for sharin the story ! So it seems like there are phenos out there that quite match the description !:dance013:Maybe just a little bit more searching when they get re-released ! Wish you all the best that you get this special one again !! :tiphat:

And all the best to the rest of you too ! :wave:

S

SicKSKills

the ae77 is still out there, i don't have it any more but a few people on the boards have kept her. as for seeds there is TFD royal orange, and kulu(posi) seeds also offers a version.

siense360

i really miss the mid to late 90's orange bud also .I used to score some great stuff from from Santa Clara and Santa Cruz..

seeyouaunty

In the early 2000's Classic Clone Company had made some s1 of the Aeric77 Calio cut. It was gaining momentum with the C W forums when they and O G got shut down. It was some stellar stuff. I wish someone would resserect the Aeric77 Calio cut without crossing it to anything as this was a true classic. I have been tempted to try breeders renditions of the CO but alway shy away.
Good luck with your search and report back on your findings.

Wow this brings back some memories! I grew out some of those s1's. Certainly a very interesting plant, i found it hungry for nutes and extra sensitive to insecticide sprays. It was a battle to keep them healthy looking at times. The hash and BHO was particularly nice with a very distinctive orange taste. The buds themselves were good but not topshelf IMO. No real crystals, potency ok but the high was a bit boring. I culled it after a couple of cycles, i preferred to stay with what i had at the time: SwT#3, blockhead and LUI.

A

AWoll

keep an eye out at seedbay in a month or so, i'll have some more packs of c99 x calio f2s sent in(wallyduck made the original f1 hybrid). from the few reports i read on here, the growers were all raving about them. 2/2 found keepers. i found a pure orange pheno and some pineapple scented ones but most are just fruity. big plants, huge leafs, very resinous, late october finish outdoors.

sweet

I grew Nirvana Cali-O last spring and it was pretty good. Not so potent, but good stuff altogether. For socializing, like having barbecue outside and it also made watching TV series more fun than normally. :wave:

Only not-so-potent strain I am planning to grow again.

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Hey folks-

I'm stoked to have Ae77 Cali-O in my garden.

Here @ 41 days.

Attachments

• February 26 2011 028 ae77 sm.jpg
    February 26 2011 028 ae77 sm.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 21
  • February 26 2011 026 ae77 sm.jpg
    February 26 2011 026 ae77 sm.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Latest posts