What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California Lightworks vs HydroGrowsLeds Side by Side

DunHav`nFun

Flush triple the volume of each container with 1/2 strength nutrient solution or till ph and ppms are back into proper parameters....Good luck and.....

Peace…..DHF.....:ying: …..

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Here's my fucked up burnt ass plants.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

nickman

Veteran
I’d NEVER allow my girl to touch anything in my garden...!!!...

Unless it was the doorknob on her way out...!!!...

Sorry to hear this...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I gotta say that even with my wife's fuck up, the plants are under the HGL are outperforming the CLW.

Top pic is CLW and flash was on.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I think you'll still be able to do ok even with the mess up. Nice to see bloom has begun! :)

I'm not worried about the harvest.
More worried about trying to do a fair side by side.

I mean this is fair- cuz wife burnt both chambers equally. It's fair as which light performs better. But it's not a true representation of what the lights can do with healthy plants.

the plants under HGL were a lil bit taller and slightly doing better than CLW before the over fertilization. So of course the bigger plants will be performing better. Quicker than the smaller plants.

White Beard

Highly upset. My wife was going to water my plants while I was gone.

She did. But she felt they needed some guano. She thought she was topdressing a scoop a guano, but instead used a scoop of Jobes organics 3-3-3.
The directions say to add one scoop to one gallon of water and water in.

Now everything looks all burnt up.

I'm gonna puke.

She said every pot got a scoop.
Fuuuuuuuuuck!!

Whatever. I'm not worried about the harvest, I just wanted to see what light worked better.

I'll finish running them out, but don't plan to leave wifey in charge of plants anymore.

I have pics. Will post today.

Reinforces a hard-won lesson: NEVER partner with someone careless, ignorant, or inattentive (better never to partner up, all things being even). Sorry for your frustration and disappointment, bro

G

Gauss

They'll recover more than well enough to get good buds going I bet, might slightly effect yield overall though. Still a decent test.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Sorry for being late posting.

CLW
picture.php

HGL
picture.php
picture.php

Bullshit aside this HGL seems to be doing a better job than the CLW.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
This is getting pointless. Just gonna finish it out because I said I would.

The plants under the CFL never recovered from the wife's organic overdose.

The plants under the HGL are doing much better because they were bigger and healthier when she ooverdosed them.

This of course will be my worst harvest ever.

I'm glad this was just an experiment and not for my supply.

I may decide to do another side by side in the future, but I need the space back to normal.

California Lightworks
picture.php

HydroGrowsLeds
picture.php
picture.php

It's strange how the overdose caused alot of leaves to purple. I don't think I've seen a change in color from green to purple until the fade.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
over fertilization can cause lockout.

dank.Frank

Years ago I screwed up and gave a huge OD of moab,caused lockout.....thankfully or I would have fried them beyond salvation.I learned my lesson,dont shoot the shit when ya mixing ya recipe's

DunHav`nFun

Well Bro.....Hope all comes out in the wash.....Worst case scenario you`re gonna end up with some nuggage to do SOMETHIN with right ?.....now....

I hope your security hasn`t been compromised by giving HGL your personal info after hearing what Rab went thru across da pond....Hope you`re in a legal state at least bro.....also.....

I apologize for not steppin up sooner about the fraud end of things , but I thought it would`ve come to light sooner than it did and I wasn`t really sure till lately.....HGL was here well over a decade ago spewing her/his shit and rippin folks off left and right with the faulty bullshit bein imported from China for peanuts and then chargin upwards of 500 bucks per POS fixture , but I digress.....

The handle being used back then if I remember correctly was "Hydro Gurl , Hydro Girl , Hydro Gurl Led" on most of the public weed sites , and it even came out way back then that Cammie was a dude or some sort of horse shit , but when I saw in another thread Unc Fishsticks was talkin bout "Scammie Cammie" , that`s what all the scam reports that came in about the bullshit lights being hawked as the second coming of dope growin were about …..anyways.....

Hope you`re safe and Harvey turns out some dank nugs for yas CR....Be safe and take care.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …..

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Well Bro.....Hope all comes out in the wash.....Worst case scenario you`re gonna end up with some nuggage to do SOMETHIN with right ?.....now....

I hope your security hasn`t been compromised by giving HGL your personal info after hearing what Rab went thru across da pond....Hope you`re in a legal state at least bro.....also.....

I apologize for not steppin up sooner about the fraud end of things , but I thought it would`ve come to light sooner than it did and I wasn`t really sure till lately.....HGL was here well over a decade ago spewing her/his shit and rippin folks off left and right with the faulty bullshit bein imported from China for peanuts and then chargin upwards of 500 bucks per POS fixture , but I digress.....

The handle being used back then if I remember correctly was "Hydro Gurl , Hydro Girl , Hydro Gurl Led" on most of the public weed sites , and it even came out way back then that Cammie was a dude or some sort of horse shit , but when I saw in another thread Unc Fishsticks was talkin bout "Scammie Cammie" , that`s what all the scam reports that came in about the bullshit lights being hawked as the second coming of dope growin were about …..anyways.....

Hope you`re safe and Harvey turns out some dank nugs for yas CR....Be safe and take care.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …..

I'm in Virginia. Nothing legal about it.

I do however always use a VERY safe mailing address. (Almost 2 hours away.)

So, I'm not worried about that. I just want to keep my word. Whether I gave it to a scammer or not.

This HGL light is beating the California Lightworks.

BUT.. HydroGrowsLeds is supposed to be a light for the entire grow, while the CLW is a Vegmaster.

Technically, the deal of me testing the light was I just had to do a grow log from start to finish under their light.

But then they saw my CLW in my diary, and asked for a side by side.

Had to change up my whole grow, and get a new tent to make the side by side work, then the damn overdose!!!

Oh well, I'll have enough harvest from my 600hps and outdoors.

Just pissed that I let it get this way. As much as I want to blame this on my wife, it's my fault.. I should have been there, and not asked her to water them.

Deke

Canna, been there. I was in college and had to leave town for a couple days and had my neighbor watch my plants . They were on auto , so nothing had to be done, just look in on them twice a day and make sure all is well. She decided to water my hydro plants!! Nuked all of them! Seed gifted to me for a.% of return, and they were dead....i will never have anyone look after, water, feed, turn on a Damn fan ever again.

DunHav`nFun

Respect for keeping your word CR regardless if it was deserved or not , and I`m proud ta hear bout the safe addy…...Can`t really put you on the scam list since you got a free fixture , and we greatly appreciate your time for said side by side even if it`s as you say apples and oranges with a vegmaster compared to an all spectrum light for veg and flower that`s actually showing up as the best unit for the job...….now....

Are the fans as loud as Rab said they were....?.....and hey....shit happens.....no worries bout nukin em since you got other harveys comin up....I`m sure wifey feels bad enough and hope your outdoor and 600 hps room does killer too bro.....Take care and keep strokin…..

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Respect for keeping your word CR regardless if it was deserved or not , and I`m proud ta hear bout the safe addy…...Can`t really put you on the scam list since you got a free fixture , and we greatly appreciate your time for said side by side even if it`s as you say apples and oranges with a vegmaster compared to an all spectrum light for veg and flower that`s actually showing up as the best unit for the job...….now....

Are the fans as loud as Rab said they were....?.....and hey....shit happens.....no worries bout nukin em since you got other harveys comin up....I`m sure wifey feels bad enough and hope your outdoor and 600 hps room does killer too bro.....Take care and keep strokin…..

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …...

I have so many other fans going it just blends in with the others.
If I was trying to run ultra silent, it may be to loud, but it works for my situation.