What's new

Calif. pot dispensaries told by feds to shut down

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Feds order all Calif. medical-marijuana outlets to close !!! WTF

That's funny yous guys blaming anti19 folks..especially considering predicted this WELL BEFORE 19 was voyed down on the ballot....hmmmm....wonder how I managed to make that lucky guess ? It has next to nothing to do with prop 19 but I see how many find it a convenient scapegoat rather than looking at the true motives and reasons behind it. I TOLD YOU SO NOW GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND THANK YOURSELF FOR VOTING FOR OBAMA. Or lemme guess this is all Bush's fault, or the other classic, but King Obama has only been in office for 6 months/year/2 years/3 years/oh wait he'll get to that during his 2nd term huh? Lol after he orders all dispenseries closed. I thought King O said he would not "waste resources on people following their state laws"...LMFAO keep living in denial folks looks like its working real well for ya. Hows that hope and change working out? This the kind of change you wanted? Instead of bashing people that wisely opposed crappy piss poor legislation why don't you take a look at all the fools that voted for the person that's actually behind this....Nah!

JHerbz

Lets not start an argument about "whos fault" it is, how about we try to make a solution?

i dont wnna hear "wtf are we gonna do" bullshit, thats the reason we aint got MMJ on lock,

G

guest86120975

Maybe only the ones who voted against Prop 19 will get shut down? Karma.

JHerbz

Thats not the answer im looking for and you know it, i don't pick up shit off the street, aint ghetto.

ijim

Of course this announcement comes after the president finished his tour of California where he reaped millions in campaign donations. How much of those donations were from the illegals that voted against prop 19 to protect their turf and prices? This is attacking the big guy to intimidate all of the other states. A new way of dealing with problems and change by a progressive administration.

JHerbz

Im getting off ICMag now, cant take all this "prop 19 this" "prop 19 that" stfu if you guys have such a problem with whats going on talk about something useful not bickering like fucking 8th grade girls about who was right. When you guys are ready to have a convo about wtf we are gonna do(and if we do nothing your all posers) then ill be back. But im not gonna sit back here and watch keyboard warriors fight over something thats happened already, ima go do something useful maybe think of how i can contribute to fighting for my rights.

ijim

That's funny yous guys blaming anti19 folks..especially considering predicted this WELL BEFORE 19 was voyed down on the ballot....hmmmm....wonder how I managed to make that lucky guess ? It has next to nothing to do with prop 19 but I see how many find it a convenient scapegoat rather than looking at the true motives and reasons behind it. I TOLD YOU SO NOW GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND THANK YOURSELF FOR VOTING FOR OBAMA. Or lemme guess this is all Bush's fault, or the other classic, but King Obama has only been in office for 6 months/year/2 years/3 years/oh wait he'll get to that during his 2nd term huh? Lol after he orders all dispenseries closed. I thought King O said he would not "waste resources on people following their state laws"...LMFAO keep living in denial folks looks like its working real well for ya. Hows that hope and change working out? This the kind of change you wanted? Instead of bashing people that wisely opposed crappy piss poor legislation why don't you take a look at all the fools that voted for the person that's actually behind this....Nah!

It is called intimidation. How many people succumbed to the intimidation and voted against prop 19?

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
After some thought on the issue, I've got a couple thoughts.

a) It appears to me that maybe the best business model (after these recent events) is that of the mobile dispensary, or a deliveries only type of operation.

b) After watch the PBS prohibition show why wasn't HS and some of the other bigger Cooperative, spending money on a MMJ PAC or buy a few federal politicians. paying for what you want changed? In 15 yrs I'm not aware of any that really get anything done or are credible.

I guess all my ASA contributions were for not as they seem like a toothless old dog.

C) if these dispensary owners had the right mind set and weren't in it for the Money, they could have put some of the millions they pulled in - into helping really sick with living expenses or financial help, food programs (oakland is a mess). or even heath event were they paid doctors and dentist to come in for a weekend and help the needy in the community with what they can. It sure would have bought them much more community support and goodwill, and maybe a bigger voice to fight this.

Just some thoughts.

mrheadie

amazing! our gov never ceases to amaze me. REDICULOUS! here we are struggling to keep our country afloat and try to fix the broken ways that got our country in the position its in and our gov decides ramping up their losing drug war will help??????????? any logic here, and if so, WHERE? their are ALLOT MORE PRESSING ISSUES OUR GOV SHOULD FU(K!NG WORRY ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i send letters, i sign petitions, i speak my mind, but it all falls on deaf ears. i'm sorry to say that when it comes to being an american this is not what our founding fathers had in mind. unfortunatly, reaction may be the only thing that gets their attention and it's really sad that thats the state of our gov. done ranting bros, sorry for the yelling.
peace

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Is it your contention then that McCain would have been kinder on the Cannabis issue and that we would have been better served voting for him instead? I was all about some Ron Paul myself, but when the choice came down to McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden, well, I'm struggling to see how you have the nerve to call anybody a fool for making that choice.

Here's some quotes from McCain on the topic. Makes it pretty clear that things would have gotten much worse much faster for mmj everywhere had he been elected instead of Obama -

"I believe that there is some possibility that quote 'medical marijuana' could spread into other areas and that the definition of medical could expand rather dramatically. You've seen that in other cases." (July 14, 2007, town hall meeting in New Hampshire)

"I don't think marijuana is healthy, I don't think that it is good for people, and I also, there is a large body of medical opinion that says there is plenty of other medications that are more effective and better and less damaging to one's health to use to relieve pain." (July 14, 2007, town hall meeting in New Hampshire)

"I think there's other ways to relieve pain ... I do not believe in legalizing it because I think there's other ways of relieving pain and applying medical help than that, and that’s my position." (August 9, 2007, town hall meeting in Merrimack, New Hampshire)

"I believe that marijuana is a gateway drug. That is my view and that's the view of the federal drug czar and other experts, although that is also a debatable question. I think that there is much more effective ways of relieving pain and suffering than the use of marijuana, and so therefore I view it as something that I do not support. That's just my considered opinion, I'd be glad to receive additional information." (August 11, 2007, house party in Milton, New Hampshire)

"No town hall meeting in New Hampshire is complete without some young man who has been sent here to talk to me about medical marijuana ... The fact is I do not approve of the medical use of marijuana, I never have and I never will, and you all keep coming to the town hall meetings. I'm always glad to see you, it helps with the attendance." (September 29, 2007, house party in Exeter, New Hampshire)

"Every medical expert I know of, including the AMA, says that there are much more effective and much better treatments for pain than medical marijuana ... I still would not support medical marijuana because I don't think that the preponderance of medical opinion in America agrees ... that it's the most effective way of treating pain." (September 30, 2007, town hall meeting in Derry, New Hampshire)
"The law is the law, and I do not believe it's going to be changed, and it's not going to be changed by me." (October 23, 2007, town hall meeting in Exeter, New Hampshire)

"The will of the people, my friend, is that medical marijuana is not something that the quote 'people' want. Certain people feel strongly about this issue, and they show up at most town hall meetings, obviously feel very strongly about it. There is no convincing evidence ... there’s evidence, but no convincing evidence to me that medical marijuana relief of pain and suffering cannot be accomplished by prescriptions from doctors." (Nov. 14, 2007, McCain blogger conference call)

"There may be times when the will of the people, for example Iraq, the will of the people, unfortunately is that we withdraw from Iraq immediately or very very soon. I don't share that view of the will of the people. And I think the will of the people was that we get out of Korea when Harry Truman was president of the United States, but then he decided to do what he thought was best for the will of the country. Now, I don't compare this issue with Iraq or Korea, but, look, I'll be glad to continue this discussion, and read the stuff about it, but I am not changing my position on quote 'medical marijuana,' okay?" (Nov. 14, 2007, McCain blogger conference call, said upon being reminded that the will of the people in California was to make medical marijuana legal)

Grendelkhan

I am really curious to see what the fed's are going to say today at 11am at the Sacramento Federal Courthouse. What they say there will outline the course that they will take on MMJ places. I will once again remind everyone that the Fed's are not logical. Yes the MMJ clubs are paying taxes, employing people, etc. but you all assuming that the Fed's use logic to dictate their actions. They don't.
I tell you one thing I wouldn't want to be a club owner in San Diego right now. That bitch down there has been coming after them for a while now and it appears as though she is being given the green light to go crazy.
I also notice that the clubs with deep pockets and good lawyers seem to be able to avoid a lot of the problems. With these clubs it appears as though they will go after them for taxes and if they do that then it doesn't matter what they do because the fed's will find a way to get them. Crazy times indeed.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Lets not forget, this may turn out to be a false alarm, the Feds might decide they can't really do much about MMJ in states. Obama might realize he's done and wants to let it go.

R

rick shaw

So...worst case scenario the brick and mortar dispensarys are shut down. Thousands of small independent delivery services will flourish.

This will be Whack a mole. Good luck putting the genie back in the bottle.
:blowbubbles:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

How does it get worse exactly? Palin was gov/chief Leo of ALASKA. You know where weed is legal, she didn't use her position to change that. McCain from AZ, states rights issue are a big deal. While one party openly endorses a larger more controlling fed, the other supposedly wants that limited. I can't speculate on what ifs, but obviously you can see WHAT HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. You can steer it to what ifs and say that I am saying something I am not, but the fact remains too many here blindly followed like sheep and now they are reaping those seeds. Many even took it farther making stupid claims that BHO was going to be the 2nd coming for mmj/ cannabis in general..don't make me go dig up the posts. All the while somehow myself and a few others managed to predict this, now how could that be? Lucky guess huh? So idk if it would have been "better" but tell me how it could be worse? Is this what all the sheeple had in mind while pissing themselves for Obama? Like I said the threads are here I assume, its ironic.