What's new

Calif. pot dispensaries told by feds to shut down

lemonskunk420

ICMag Donor
I only see two ways to fix america.Try to vote in the right prez with any luck(if thats even possible), or take america back with revolution.It would be nice to do it by voting,that is in a perfect world.
But the way they have been screwing us with the banks,not being able to have a gun if a med patient, them being able to kick in your door with no warrent,and now they are tryn to fight free speech against the occupy movement.Some things got to give at any cost IMHO.

Last edited:

Iraganji

Once upon a time, common sense was commonplace.

Common people commonly talked in open about their grievances and actively sought and stood up for their rights. I wish I could say I believe the people of today, can live up to the measure of those who came before us. Sadly, too many eat big pharma meds for breakfast, propaganda for lunch, and gmo foods for dinner. It's kinda hard to get a leg up on those who've become our masters, when our fellow brothers and sisters care more about the latest celebrity gossip, who's better ...coke or pepsi, etc than what is really going on and what to do about it.

I'll support the MJ movement until there is no more movement in my body!

This overall should encourage more growing on a grass roots level. That way sick people can get their meds from caregivers than brick from the cartels (whom are the real winners from these tactics from the government).

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
E2zfR.jpg

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
This just came up on google news

October 26, 2011

Five men indicted in marijuana trafficking conspiracy

Five Sacramento-area men have been indicted in connection with a marijuana trafficking conspiracy.

A federal grand jury in Sacramento today returned a 23-count indictment charging Thomas Holzmann, 24, Peter Holzmann, 23, and Joseph Andrade, 24, all of West Sacramento, as well as Jonathan Sherman, 27, of Sacramento, and Eddy Arevalo, 29, of the El Dorado County community of Somerset, with conspiring to cultivate and distribute marijuana, and various other drug offenses.

Sherman also was charged with multiple counts of structuring and money laundering. Structuring occurs when large sums of currency are broken up and deposited in amounts less than $10,000 to avoid filing reports required by federal law, according to a federal Department of Justice news release.

According to court documents, the conspiracy came to the attention of law enforcement on Dec. 9, 2010, when the Sacramento Municipal Utility District reported suspicious activity at a large warehouse on Lathrop Way in Sacramento. During a security sweep of the warehouse, agents discovered a large indoor marijuana growing operation.

The initial investigation led to the arrest of two defendants on state charges and the dismantling of two warehouse marijuana grows in Sacramento and West Sacramento. Brothers Peter and Thomas Holzmann were identified as the individuals running the operation, officials said.

According to the indictment, between December 2010 and October of this year, the defendants grew marijuana using sophisticated equipment in large warehouses. They allegedly distributed marijuana in the Sacramento area and attempted to ship packages of marijuana to New York. According to court records, financial records obtained in the investigation reflect large deposits at banks in eastern states and large withdrawals in the Sacramento area.

The men were arrested Oct. 12, and all have been in custody since then, except for Adrade, who was released on bail.

The case resulted from an investigation by the Drug Enforcement Administration, the California Department of Justice, Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement, and the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archi...ana-trafficking-conspiracy.html#ixzz1bx3SpjMZ

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...is-crackdown/2011/10/26/gIQAvnk3JM_story.html

interesting -

There are 723 dispensaries, 1,106 cultivation sites and 288 infused-product manufacturers operating under Colorado law, according to figures from the Colorado Department of Revenue. Cole’s memo, in addition to warnings sent to dozens of marijuana operations across California to shut down or face prosecution, raised fears that a crackdown was coming to other states

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...is-crackdown/2011/10/26/gIQAvnk3JM_story.html

interesting -

There are 723 dispensaries, 1,106 cultivation sites and 288 infused-product manufacturers operating under Colorado law, according to figures from the Colorado Department of Revenue. Cole’s memo, in addition to warnings sent to dozens of marijuana operations across California to shut down or face prosecution, raised fears that a crackdown was coming to other states

And they're all on live video feed to the Dept of REVENUE and any other law enforcement agency.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not only Dispensaries, but every licensed grow and edible manufacturer in the state. Walk into a shop and wave to the MMJ enforcement division, and god knows who else. Welcome to State regulated cannabis.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
If you're gonna go the route of trying to hide deposits and spread em out, why not just bury the cash instead, not like you need the 2% yield anyways. More of a risk to put money in a bank rather than in the ground somewhere.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
If you're gonna go the route of trying to hide deposits and spread em out, why not just bury the cash instead, not like you need the 2% yield anyways. More of a risk to put money in a bank rather than in the ground somewhere.

Pay cash for silver and put that in the ground.

in 2001 silver $3 and gas $1. today silver $33 and gas $4. Guess which one would have been better buried in a hole?

:joint:

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Pay cash for silver and put that in the ground.

in 2001 silver $3 and gas $1. today silver $33 and gas $4. Guess which one would have been better buried in a hole?

:joint:

well yeah you can fit hundreds of thousands in a small area with some gold, save a few hundred thou in cash to pay expenses.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gold coins? I have a few thousand in my safe.....at my dads house.....4 states away (shrug)....works for me.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not only Dispensaries, but every licensed grow and edible manufacturer in the state. Walk into a shop and wave to the MMJ enforcement division, and god knows who else. Welcome to State regulated cannabis.

WOW.....that is truly Orwellian.....very creepy.....I would rather have it illegal than that.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Gold coins? I have a few thousand in my safe.....at my dads house.....4 states away (shrug)....works for me.

Sounds like You are a millionaire to me. I only have one gold coin, but I bought many old silver dollars and troys back in the 80s and 90s. I never thought silver would go up that much. Glad I got them when I did. I was paying $5 to $6 a piece for 1800s Morgan dollars.

This shit just makes me sick. Why don't they just end the war on drugs and get over it? It's obvious by now that they can't win by keeping Cannabis/Marijuana illegal as it is still everywhere and they haven't accomplished a thing except for wasting nearly 1 Trillion Dollars since 1972 and imprisoning so many people for it that the prisons are full which is another drain on the Tax Dollars.

Plus, the only way they can "control" it is by legalizing it, and selling/taxing it just as they do Alcohol and Tobacco as well as allow people to farm "hemp" for the virtually unlimited other uses Cannabis is good for.

Will they ever learn/realize this? When are enough people going to realize this needs to change and stand up to actually make a difference?

We may never know...

OhighO

Wonder how the party cheerleaders will spin this one?.?.

The drug warrior in chief is doing more damage than his predecessor.
I didn't think that was even possible. But if hangs to shut down the dispos he will have outdone bush!

Pretty fucking sad some think he is somehow different.

Im very interested what the DEM/OBAMA supporters have to say.

Vote for independents, its the only chance at reform. There is to much$$$ involved with the major parties to trust them...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You don't have to ask Obama supporters. Just ask dag. Seriously, I never put much faith in a remark and I certainly don't think he's any different.

I'm not that thrilled at the idea of voting for Obama but he'll most likely get my vote. I could pretend a few comments means he's supposed to singlehandedly legalize or I can take thinks in context. Even the arguable biased study and accompanying article suggests Obama has kept his word about going after legit ops..

Ron Paul might not want federal laws against weed but IMO wouldn't mind your state telling you hell no.