What's new

Cali Cube Stadium 4K

Loose Cannon

The cross is a cheese cross, crossed with C99. I don't care to share the entire "family tree", so to speak, and will refer to the one I keep with the pineapple pheno/ cheese traits as pineapple cheesecake.
I'll probably keep another of these crosses and call her Priscilla.
I may or may not keep a C99 for production as well but would need to be a quick finisher so as to keep on the same calendar as the others.
If the friend that gave me these wants to make himself known then he will but til now hasn't said much, but is certainly paying attention.
Need to keep to an eight week schedule as I'm actively searching for another locale, shooting for 12K, 4 sections perpetual, so every 2 weeks will be harvesting.
Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

al-k-mist

Man, that is sick. Ive never done vert, but that was inspiting to check out..id do it organic, of course.
I know thats right, with the evil cali electric bills, i think 'sdg and e' was the worst. Ie if you use more, your rate is higher, .25 a kw or somethin. Less than half up in oregon...

Last edited:

Smoking Gun

The cross is a cheese cross, crossed with C99. I don't care to share the entire "family tree", so to speak, and will refer to the one I keep with the pineapple pheno/ cheese traits as pineapple cheesecake.
I'll probably keep another of these crosses and call her Priscilla.
I may or may not keep a C99 for production as well but would need to be a quick finisher so as to keep on the same calendar as the others.
If the friend that gave me these wants to make himself known then he will but til now hasn't said much, but is certainly paying attention.
Need to keep to an eight week schedule as I'm actively searching for another locale, shooting for 12K, 4 sections perpetual, so every 2 weeks will be harvesting.
Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

It does kind of answer my questions. Which plant was the parent? I am assuming Cheese was the father, if so who's Cheese? Or was one of the girls reversed to make the seeds? And if you didn't make the cross why not let the creator name it?

Loose Cannon

Top shelf lit up after adding mylar sheets attached to 8' x 4' , 1/4" styro.
picture.php

Chicken wire was badly needed to keep the girls in line!
picture.php

Loose Cannon

My understanding is C99 male crossed with Cheese cross.
Unless someone's called DIBS on "pineapple cheesecake" then that'll be the name of one I've already picked based on smell and stature. I don't believe I need permission from the friend providing the seeds and the name actually makes sense, doesn't it?
I'm in constant contact with the provider and I'm sure if he wanted naming rights he'd have said something. As I mentioned, he's a respected, long term member of this site so if I do or say something he doesn't like then I'm sure he'll let me know, privately.
Hope that helps.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Chicken wire's a nice touch.
It does three things:
Protects plants from burning.
Protects your skin from getting burned.
And protects the bulb from breakage.
A win/win/win.

Last edited:

Penguin59

LC those are some sleek and elegant designs all the way around. First class equipment all the way. Those vigorous ladies are sure going bananas in there.

Mind if I stick around to see how things develop?

Loose Cannon

Yea, chicken wire was a pointer from a friend. First vert project so am always looking for helpful hints.

Please do, Penguin. I'm rather impressed with the vertical results as well.
Next round beginning early to mid December and we'll be making a few minor improvements as we learn more about this setup and these strains.

Loose Cannon

5 weeks. Coming along nicely.
picture.php

Too close with phone but....
picture.php

Fans tips were getting scorched til the wire.
picture.php

3 weeks are below, 5 weeks above.
picture.php

3 weeks.
picture.php

Loose Cannon

Yea, I'm amazed at how fat they're lookin' at 5 weeks. Numerous improvements after this first round.
I believe I'll add a major mesh before tossing the girls in.
The mylar on the top of the cube really help with top shelves.
Girls on top are now reaching for the mylar instead of over the top of the others for more light.
Having my shelf guy do a proto for wheels on bottom of 4' x 4' cubes for ease of access to the inside. This is for the near future with concrete floors.

Loose Cannon

6 weeks and tough to get a decent angle on 'em for pics. I'll kill the lights for better pics tomorrow after the 9er game.
Field passes, suite tix. Yawn...

picture.php

picture.php

RetroGrow

Veteran
What is the height of the lights? In the pictures, they look a bit low. The top of the ceramic should be even with the top of tallest plants. In other words, the bulb is maybe 8-12 inches below the tops.
Just FYI. Wasn't sure if you knew this, and it could be just a bad angle on the pix. Looking good, though.

Loose Cannon

Thanx for the kind words.

Yea Retro, the highest bulb is a bit too low and will remedy after this round.
Wanting to do 3k per 4' x 4' x 8' cube in the near future but this locale is limited for electricity, amperage.
Top plants are noticeably lighter yields.