What's new

Cali Clone Cab

CMH runs cooler than an HPS so I don't see how your CMH was running hotter????? I changed out my MH for a CMH a couple days ago and I can run the light much close than any regular MH or HPS bulb that is for sure.

Last edited:

Dragor

clorox right on man, welcome to the show, things are about to get juicy... ;)

Hendoku your feedback is much appreciated... I went ahead with your suggestion of raising the shorter ones (I had done it already but I raised them even more now so its truly even canopy); tucking helps some but it still blocks the mid to lower segments of the most bushiest one (p91!) - the others don't seem to be affect too much by the thick canopy...

jackoneill I still don't completely understand CMH but I decided to remedy things for now with the PM issue I should switch to HPS to keep temps and humidity under better control - it's possible that the CMH light is just so intense in the entire light spectrum that the reflection off white in the confined space caused the increased heat buildup? My humidity also went up - given increased cab temps caused more transpiration from soil and leaf. Anyways I will use it for its UVB in the last 3 weeks of flowering when there isn't much veg matter left also for there to be humidity problems...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dragor- sup man? looking awesome!! love to see plants soooo healthy and vigorous! with madness you will find buds running up the branches from bottom to top. it is inevitable with her that not all buds get light. those branches still seem to mature by the end of the cycle anyways, moreso then with other strains-she just cant be stopped!! lol. also, towards the end, she just seems to tighten up, and the buds kinda overgrow the leaves and end up with more light, if that makes sense. my last harvest of madness and others is curing up nicely, and i still find myself reaching for her more then the others. cant wait to see more. great growing.....sub

Dragor

sub its all in the organics dude its all in the organics - fox farm and adv nutrients to be precise - but thank heavens for these stellar genetics - I have been feeding quite a bit and they just love it - barely noticing some tips turning yellow on SCreme. Oh man this Madness is gonna really live up to its name - the way her branches have naturally opened up is beautiful - no training needed - and the light penetration isn't as bad on her as it is on a couple of the other dense indicas - her sativa side has helped me out here :) totally catch what you mean about the calyx bundles popping out in the end and soaking in more light, makes sense... Truthfully tho, I think it's gonna be a challenge trying to finish five flowering plants in this tight of a space but I am hopeful it can be done! stay tuned...
p.s. :yummy:mmm-madness-mmm:yummy: love the pic thanks :wave:

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Draggggggggggathor:

my main man didn't realize you were postin here as well. My friends got my freakin D80 still but I'll get it back tomorrow and take some pics. I'm thinkin about switchin over to HPS tonight, they are about 15 inches tall and wide as a cow. Its been about 15 days veggin.

My mildew shit is all gone as well after sprayin with the Mildew Cure diluted, thank god.

Didn't realize you had multiple kinds going. Should try that next time instead of getting six strawberry's haha.

I've been feeding the biaches heavily, tonight will be hte first night they don't get neuts if i decide to go that route. It's tough because they look perfect and APE said they were a heavy feeder so I'm wondering if its cool to keep going on the neuts like I am.

You keepin the Straw's in 2 gallons the entire time? I'm in 2 gallons now and think i'd like to keep it that way, not sure though. Today I looked under and there was like an inch of routes that snuck out of the holes in the bottom! had to push them back in

So Cal represent.

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Dragor, plants are super healthy, great job on them. Madness is a beauty, love the branching, should get some killer cola's off her.

B/R

Dragor

Exiled...

Exiled...

Quite a pathetic day here in the garden...
Strawberry Creme woke up with a serious serious complication of powdery mildew, it was literally covered from head to toe with this nasty shit and overnight too. I'm sure it was running all up in her veins from day 1 (since the mama probably had it to begin with). I thought I had gotten it under control but at the slightest drop in temperature I think it was 69F last night instead of above 70F and shit hit the fan. She basically got chopped up execution style and thrown the eff out of my house. I sprayed the others again as best as I could for preventive measure again. As if that wasn't enough of a bad day, I end up snappin one of the top branches of Madness on accident as I was tying her down. I basically splinted her back up with some string tied around one of the other tops. It looks like its still alive and blood running through her. We shall see what happens. Quite a few stepbacks today but such is life - the weak will perish! Goodbye Strawberry Cream...

Bulldog11

Veteran
Those are some real nice looking clones my man. Up here in the bay we have been having problems getting a+ genetics and healthy. Most places stopped selling clones and the place to get the A+ genetics is currently having several bug issues. Are you guys in So-cal having problems with "microscopic strawberry mites?" They are a pain to get rid of and really hard to see. Anyways, great looking grow. Peace and Love.

Dragor

B/R thanks for the bumps bro, they are loving their habitat and the organic soil - I mean they already stink really bad for being only 17 days old - I refreshed the carbon in the filter and installed Vaportech disc in cab. Yea Madness branched out into the most ideal size plant for my setup - colas of sheer madness! :muahaha:
Bulldog gratzey homey; I was up in the bay recently too was looking for clones but didn't find much in Oak town and didn't feel like going into the city to search. SR71 used to be the hot spot is that the place you are talking about with the A+? I've not heard of that strawberry mite yet, thank god, sounds like something that requires a predator for a cure. I hate powdery mildew its such an annoying and pesky p.o.s. disease. I am gonna try to keep it in check the rest of this grow, damn winter cold weather aint helping either.

Last edited:

Dragor

New Pics

New Pics

Garden (without Strawberry Creme) today (Day 17)
GardenGoodByeSCremeDay17.jpg

Madness top branch, SNAPPPPed! eek! hopeless?
MadnessBrokeTop.jpg

Last edited:

TB Gardens

Veteran
hey man, sucks about that s.cream.. looked promising fursure. nice to see someone repping the HTGsupply, i really like them..get all my goodies there ;x hey man i dono if you wanna try it for the madness or not, but ive seen painters tape used in your situation. one small strip loosely holding it together.. but the sticky part doesnt touch the plant if that makes any sense? sure you can figure it out, its tape ;o gl man

TB

fulltimehuman

Man bummer, I got some Dabney Blueberry at TLMD in December that have come down with Powdery Mildew 7 week from buying 4 weeks into flower. It seems under control and light at that but Is it true its been in the system for a month before it shows on leaves? Man, I might try seed from now on, that's a lot of time to invest and come up short. It showed up in week two and I neemed the shit out of 'em, I hear it will keep it from spreading, but may take a little longer. i figured I'd try and wait it out. I'll keep it warm I've been running my fan a bit at night but it doesn't get much below 72. Also I read that a small oscillating fan below the canopy keeps it from getting hold as well. fuck mildew.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Dragor - Yup the place was SR-71. They have the biggest and nicest clones in the state from time to time, but currently they are having issues with there mothers.
Also, if you are having powdery mildew promblems then buy a sulfer burner and run it every week or day. I have learned that this beats any other form of prevention and will kill outbreaks. The bay is naturally like 65% humd, so it is hard not to get a couple of spoars landing in your garden. Continue on and good luck. Peace and Love.

Dragor

End of Week 3 Update

End of Week 3 Update

...Been meaning to upload these pics and post and update but the ol' pc went crashin on me. I'm back up and running and things are lookin hella phenom!

CushProfileDay21.jpg
Cush - is definitely the more 'mature' smelling at this point - it's changed from that original generic flowering smell that bud gets before the trichomes start to ripen and its a beautiful sweet skunky smell.

IceCreamProfileDay21.jpg
Ice Cream - got the powdery mildew from the Strawberry Cream (r.i.p.) so I had to rub neem on every single one of her leaves - tedious but could have been worse. She is in a 1gallon'er so I don't expect as much yield from her but she is definitely packing on some good weight for being confined.

MadnessProfileDay21.jpg
Madness - has a very unique look to her - stands out amongst the others - in that her pistils are more rastafarian looking than the the spikey porcupine look. Its soooo sic! Very fun to watch and nurture - although I am still dealing with sporadic PM on her too (mainly those inner lower leaves - which I have been just removing lately cause they're useless and pissing me off). Since last week when I accidentally broke one of her tops, she's been yellowing rapidly in her fan leaves (starting with the one attached to the broken branch). I figure this is reparative energy use and I upped the nitro on her to help out, but only for 2 small feedings.

P91ProfileDay21.jpg
P91 - is the most rugged and sturdy plant in my whole group - I frickin love how fast she grows (she's competing with Cush's incredible pace right now) and how easy maintenance she is.

So far the plants have been getting 7ml of MotherEarth Bloom Tea + 7ml Iguana Juice + 1teaspoon Budswell + 1tablespoon organic molasses in one gallon of distilled:spring water. They seem to be loving it - but I must pull the nitros after this week and let them get busy making trichomatous calyxes!!

All pics above and below taken three days ago right at day 21

Dragoratory
GardenDay21.jpg

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dragor-first of all-looking f'ng great. second-those madness arms are gonna be FAT! they all look great, i just love M. so how tall is she from the top of soil to top of plant? a foot? and a half? sorry to hear about the strawberry cream- mine(what i thought was bubba dutch) i managed to save from the pm. she is smelling ssooooo sweet-might have to get her again if ive figured out this pm thingy. love the fattie leaves on the p91- anyways...way to go!....sub

J

JeffSpicoli

lookin very nice! way to go Dragor!
things are about to get real frosty here very shortly .
cant wait to check back in and see how they progress :)

Dragor

TB Gardens: yea, I am still a bit bitter from the loss of my Strawberry Cream but there will be another chance I'm sure. HTG is definitely one of the better spots to pickup supplies, so far so good - except their ballasts don't come with much of an enclosure so heat/noise can be a problem for some. Splint is holding up the broken branch real well, but thanks for your painters tape suggestion :)

fulltimehuman: haha nice screename dude :) powdery mildew is usually within the plant's veins before it starts to get expressed externally (from my understanding). My Strawberry Cream infected my Ice Cream and Madness before I threw her out so I am trying to keep these two under control until harvest (by rubbing neem oil on infected leaves). The best thing to do though is probably buy a dehumidifier and sulfur burner ($$) and that will pretty much guarantee no PM.

Bulldog11: I've heard of SR-71's notoriety and I hope that they resolve their bug issues soon. I come up to the bay a few times a year and would love to drop in and check them out again. Speaking of Oak town, I frickin love Harborside Health Center out there - such a professional atmosphere and excellent quality meds!

subrob: yao brotha! gracias for the compliments on the garden - the genetics are supremo this time around so that's helping me out - they eat/drink like crazy. Dude Madness is something else - I believe you when you say the colas are gonna be FAT cause there's much more hairs on her than the others which means much bigger calyx clusters! I'll get the splints ready :) She is currently 17". P91 is 14" and both Ice Cream & Cush are about 12". Glad to hear you managed to prevent the PM attack in time, she must be really susceptible to it or something. I was actually thinking that having a mix of indicas and sativas wasn't such a good idea because maybe the succulent leaves of the indicas are prespiring more than the sativas (Madness and Ice cream) and causing them to get moldy. Just a theory haha I will surely give her a second shot in the near future.

JeffSpicoli: thanks homey! Anxiously waiting to see the second half of flowering on these ladies - their phenos are really starting to pop now, each looking more and more distinct by the day. Most frosties right now is probably P91, then Madness/Cush equal, then Ice Cream. Thanks for continuing to check in, would love to get your feedback more on P91 as things progress.

Dragor

Macro Show Day 25

Macro Show Day 25

Just to expose some of the phenotypic details on these ladies I'm posting these macros for all to see - god bless the hard work of the breeders of all these strains and the clone bistros for offering.. amen

Can you guess the strain? :)

CushMacroDay25.jpg

IceCreamMacroDay25.jpg

MadnessMacroDay25.jpg

P91MacroDay25.jpg

Dragor

damn powder mildew

damn powder mildew

Looks like the p-dew is still hanging around, attacking whatever hasn't been neem-atized by me already - I'm so damn fed up with this bullshit disease - major pita like a mofo! I guess my only option now is to make some super hi pH water solution with baking soda and keep washing the leaves with an applicator when I spot new white shit - my environment has been good too lately so I am really aggravated with this - who knows I will end up with that pshit on the inside of my nugs later =(

Madness mildew
MadnessMildewDay26.jpg

Ice Cream mildew
IceCreamMildewDay26.jpg

Dragor

Update of Week 4

Update of Week 4

The beginning of this past week was good until I decided to re-experiment with the CMH bulb I bought from eBay. BAD IDEA! I don't think I'll be playing with that piece of technology any more - not meant for small enclosures or non-air cooled setups! At least a 250w in a 4 sq ft area don't work too well - vs HPS which is totally chill even at 6in from tops (non-air-cooled, passive venting).

So due to the CMH being in there for one full day (almost) - cause my stupid ass forgot to put timer back on auto from manual. So the ladies got a 90'sF CMH powered 18hr day (how bout that for a nice shock?! lol) and then back to HPS from that day on 12/12 again. The damn heat made the plants' pistils start to wither and change colors (basically initiating the death process). You could say I am a bit upset about it - but it could have been worse.

Madness and Ice Cream got the worst of the shock for some reason and this has made them yellow in the leaves, and splotchy yellowing, pretty weird - I am thinking that the PM is residing in the leaves everywhere on those two and blocking photosynthesis, etc... even though they cannot be seen with the naked eye on the leaves. At least my Cush and P91 are growing steady strong and marinating in all the environmental changes haha :)-

Anybody have any ideas of why else Madness and Ice Cream should be yellowing this soon in flowering? Both should be the longer flowering strains compared to Cush and P91...

Updated pics in this order: Cush - Ice Cream - Madness - P91

CushProfileDay28.jpg

CushTopDay28.jpg

IceCreamProfileDay28.jpg

IceCreamTopDay28.jpg

MadnessProfileDay28.jpg

MadnessTopDay28.jpg

P91ProfileDay28.jpg

P91TopDay28.jpg

-dragor-