What's new

Cali bound? I need some suggestions on neighborhoods.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Got jus' da place for ya. Maybe.

Got jus' da place for ya. Maybe.

"Thank you guys for your interest and taking the time to help me out.
If there are any further suggestions I am all ears ...."

If I read your need correctly, I have a gem for you.:)

Whip out google maps and start at San Francisco.
Just below the SF county line, in San Mateo county, is an un-incorporated area called Broadmoor Village.
It is surrounded by, but not part of, Daly City and Colma
Close to several marinas.
Half the cost of SF.
Detached houses.
1/8th acre lots.
Good neighbors.
Trees, lots of trees.
Private police department adds about 1k a year to your property taxes, but response time is measured in minutes, and they work FOR you and they know it.
It has good CC&Rs, a property owner's association, and is a series of old-growth, pine tree lined, canyons. So each street looks like the only street.
Short drive to the bay, quick commute to SF, and walking distance to the Pacific ocean.
Due west is a 200' cliff.
Used to nip over dere to watch da sunset.
When the air is clear enough to see the Farallon islands, you can witness a green flash from that lattitude because of the elevation.

Look into it.
Best of luck with the move.
California was very good to me for 30 odd years.

Aloha,
Weezard

Bulldog11

Veteran
Where I live is very expensive but meets all of your other requirements. San Mateo, Belmont, Redwood city, San Carlos, South San Fransisco, San Fransisco, Hayward. These city's are all within 30 min of San Fransisco, Oakland (aka Oaksterdam) and San Jose. Great weather and various marina's in the bay and ocean. PM me if you have any questions. This is considered Nor Cal Bay Area.

Slo's the shit! im in the county myself, just moved here 6 months ago.. no dispensaries tho. get your card and they wont search your home anyway. fuck plant limits! lol

Bulldog11

Veteran
I would not go to San Diego. So Cal is having a hard time right now. They are cracking down big time. Stay to Nor Cal.

Nugga Boo

Lots of stuff cheap here in Santa Cruz. You can buy a nice house in the heavily wooded redwood forests thats 20min from the ocean for a good price. The SC city has whacko's and Beans. Bonny Dunne is nice and they have a couple nude beaches...

What Bonny Dune has nude beaches? Where are you from? Sounds like a SLUG! just giving you a hardtime!! Try Oxnard beautiful and coastal with out all the idiots!

catcherintheye

With google maps you can literally look into the windows of houses now, southern california is expensive as hell but if I would be anywhere around here I would live in Huntington Beach its a big beach city with alot of stoners and a little more liberal with cannabis for a very conservative county.

Ive lived in Orange County my entire life and I dont recommend it or anywhere in so cal specifically because all beach town LEO are fucking ASSHOLES!

To be honest you just dont want to be anywhere in southern california Its too expensive and conservative and suburban. The higher up california, the more liberal and more greenery and space. People are more open and willing to help you out. Definately keep it above LA and try to avoid Major cities.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i would do santa cruz...know tons of smokers down there and they never have run ins with the cops. i think theres only like two cops on duty on an average night lol...and they are mostly busy with the boardwalk crime. im in SC alot, was there tonight didnt even see a cop anywhere. its pretty chill.....just hard to get a regular job thats why everyone grows/sells herbs..

Tako

ICMag Donor
San Louis Obispo! you got Morro bay close by, Santa Barbra an hour away. La and SF are not too far out either.

forty

if i could work from any location via the net, i wouldn't be anywhere near san diego, la, san fran, or half moon bay. no reason, they cost too much based on local economies. if working by web, take advantage of less crowded marinas imo.. just as beautiful, if not more.

MumBumper

i second san luis obispo. awesome access to ocean/hiking/fishing. lots of public events like firework shows/art in the park/ and car shows. i would wear shorts year round and it hardly ever rained. i miss it there. i would check out Morro Bay or Cayucos but Morro has the best boat access with lots of live aboards. oh yea and there is no such thing as traffic but still have good access to shopping. the weed laws are 6 mature plants but a dr. in Nipomo will write you a script for 90 plants in a 10x10. hope this helps your decision

ambition

.just hard to get a regular job thats why everyone grows/sells herbs..
My boy said that this was true 5 years ago, now there is so much around SC it's not even worth your time. Talking about 2K lb of the best of the best.

Lies/exaggeration?

Sorry for the derail.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
lies....2k maybe for outdoor. i know a bunch of kids in the college circuit down there...there used to be some major movers but now its mostly kids just breaking down their QP and OZ harvests just alot of small time players none of whom even have money to buy a full P up front. but everybody and their mom has access to cheap zones for 150-170 so many kids doing the breakdown thing pretty competitive.....the college crowd is mostly kids doing small indoor ops and doing breakdown..then the mountain crowd from bonny doone is a little more hardcore bigger operations but for some reason i dont see alot of them around campus i believe they mostly export beucase they know UCSC kids never got cash lol...

doublejj

Veteran
Norcal

Norcal

I've got to agree, norcal.

Put your boat in a lake. You'll find much better accommodations cheaply if you stay away from the coast. There's great sailing on Tahoe, Shasta, Orville, Folsom, ect. You could sail all over the delta. Great growing conditions up here. Some growers can have been know to grow them 14' in their back yard!:cool:

Good luck.

peace
doublejj

Latest posts

Latest posts