What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calculations for Common Nutrient Formulas

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
i have an old bottle of Silica Blast, and the label is universal for any silica blast bottle, as it has 5 boxes that can be 'check marked'

One is Gallon = 9.15lbs
One Quart = 2.4lbs (should be 1/4 of 9.15lbs=2.28)
One Pint = 1.21lbs (should be 1/8 of9.15lbs=1.143)
It lists 2.5G = 22.9lb (should be 22.875lbs THATS CLOSE ENOUNGH)
5G = 45.75lbs, which does equal 5*9.15

So according to that data, there bottles smaller than a Gallon are more concentrated. All my calculations of Botanicare products were based on quart bottles.

well since every one on the thread is talking about nutes and formulas and the calculator, I was wondering if any one knowshow to convert ppm into %. My micros are all in ppm where my Macros are in % so i cannot use the calculator properly. Sorry for the hijack just looking for a brain.

well they never caled back about the ppm values, and I dont have the time to fool with this stuff right now. For now I am not going strictly by the nute calc, cause I feel the values are too low. Just gonna go by what the plants tell me and adjust accordingly.

sproutco

Veteran
powdergreen said:
well since every one on the thread is talking about nutes and formulas and the calculator, I was wondering if any one knowshow to convert ppm into %. My micros are all in ppm where my Macros are in % so i cannot use the calculator properly. Sorry for the hijack just looking for a brain.
10,000 ppm = 1%. Try that in the calculator and see what you get. :confused:

hey sproutco, i found the same info and plugged the numbers in and found i have quite a bit of Nitrogen in my nutes. what do you think of these numbers i included the extra K in my Potasium silicate.
feeding at 3-8-13 ml pergal last feeding
N- 180
P- 93
K-176
Calcium-88
mg-44
sulfur 57
iron-1.6
na-3.1
Cu-.16
bor-.074
maganese-.7
zinc-.29
Molybedunm-.002
all the numbers are in ppm those micros seem very low. But what do i know. What do you guys think. Also my start water is about 180 ppm of who knows. I do have a report that my be close as our town has 5 wells and my closely represents number 5 which is 228ppm these are the numbers CaCO3 200, chloride15.9, Cal 48.2 Mag 19 Na 9.5 all the other numbers are very low < .0005 ppm.

G

meduser180056 said:
Good question I've always wondered this myself. I've heard people say that PBP line isn't really organic because it registers on the EC. I don't know much about all that though. I never really considered PBP to be organic. I always thought it was some kind of semi-organic fert. Kind of like an inbetween.

Hopefully someone can chime in that knows about this.... :confused:
Dude, even guano registers on the ec. EC is just the amount of shit in the water... It's not always a good indicator of how strong the solution is.

I am now waiting for my kick in the teeth... :wave:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Sproutcoyea, every time i mix up a new batch, i come here to check my values. Thanks again for the lesson (lesson found, and learned, in my AK47-DWC-LST thread in my Sig).

I really wish they would have gotten back to you payn4school

I am now thinking that the values are based on Gal, not quarts (like i used). Since the Silica Blast bottle was only off when lesser than a Gal was used, I'm assuming, the Gal is correct, and the smaller sizes are either more concentrated (doubtful IMHO) or the label is just wrong (Although, i cant for the life of me, figure out how they would have gotten it wrong). If you ever call them again payn4school ask them if its just flat wrong or if it's concentrated
[On a side note, can something be more-concetrated? I think it can, but it 'reads funny']
I will be adding EVERY product i use, to this thread, i just haven't gotten anything new in a while (my wallet is happy). Anyone who can post up the critical stats(liquid weight of the product (ml/g), the Guaranteed Analysis, and the listed application rate) for AN, I would be much abliged.

i was wondering about hollands secret the only number for magnesium is in the micros which is 16.4 ppm on th bottle x by.0001 to convert to % is .00164 put that in calc and the ppm of magnesium is 0. Now that dont make sense that a hydoponic fert would contain no magnesium???? I and others have used it and did not have a massive mag def.

sproutco

Veteran
powdergreen said:
i was wondering about hollands secret the only number for magnesium is in the micros which is 16.4 ppm on th bottle x by.0001 to convert to % is .00164 put that in calc and the ppm of magnesium is 0. Now that dont make sense that a hydoponic fert would contain no magnesium???? I and others have used it and did not have a massive mag def.
Maybe you should email the company that makes it. Maybe they can help you figure ppms of their product.

i have found the percents on the cannastats page and it lists mag at 1.64%. I wonder why he put it at that when it is 16.4ppm??? Confusing. I think i will try an email or phone call.

well got off phone with the people from holland secret and i was told that the mag content was not listed in the grow and bloom. He said the new labels have, i guess i have old labels. Also he said it was about one % a little moer but couldnt give me an exact number????? that was the bio chemist also. I guess i will try to find some new labels or maybe a new fertilizer.

Also I was wondering why they changed the content of their propagator which is to ehance root growth the bottle i have is 3-3-1 and the new label is 0-3-2. they responded that the new label represents closer values as what is in the bottle. He said the product hasnt changed just the label. So how do we really know what is in there and why didnt they know in the past what was a more accurate representation???? It seems growers are getting smarter while the companies are staying put.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
This is such great information, does anyone have this kind of info for the Flora and Flora Nova series? I'm making a spreadsheet to calculate different nutrient combinations and would love to get those on there.

Here's a similar thread made almost a year ago by Lucas, with similar information on a few other products and recipes.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21119

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Alright, so I made a little spreadsheet, you can input your desired nute levels for each seperate element (N,P,K,Mg,Ca) and change how much of each nute you add, and it tells you the end result, and how far you are from your target. Here's a screenshot of it, and the formula I found to match the levels I'd like to achieve. These levels were inspired by Lucas Formula and also by several users talking about the importance of a 4-2-1 K-Ca-Mg ratio. If anyone wants this, I'm sure I could find somewhere to host it.

Since that shot was taken, I've added in GH Micro and GH Bloom, the two components of Lucas Formula. I found that it was quite high in Ca, giving a 2.5-2.4-1 ratio.

Last edited:

Blackvelvet

I found it interesting. 4:2:1 is just a guide to get started. Don't worry too much about high calcium because it doesn't compete too much with potassium and magnesium. It moves in the water flow into the plant like a turtle. :D

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I contacted a rep from Dyna Gro and got info on their main nutrient lines...

Dyna-Gro Liquid Grow
7-9-5

1.31769 grams/ml
@10ml/Gal
N 244
P 137
K 144
Mg 17
Ca 70

Dyna-Gro Liquid Bloom
3-12-6

1.31769 grams/ml