What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calculating Nutrient profiles for Canna, GH and PBP

LuckyLeaf

okay i gave it another shot here, i shook and shook the fnb and did the 8ml per gal into ro(40ppm) and i got a total of 1225ppm and a ph of 5.2, so more or less i think the fnb i have is hot, can someone give me there tds when they use the fnb at 8ml per gallon and if not too much trouble the ph it ends up at, ie. if i drop my tds to say 1100, or 1000 this should leave my ph at optimal 5.5-5.6 yes? and would that be the correct tds i should actually be measuring to, due to my hot batch of fnb? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys, and or gals.

onegreenday

Veteran
okay i gave it another shot here, i shook and shook the fnb and did the 8ml per gal into ro(40ppm) and i got a total of 1225ppm and a ph of 5.2, so more or less i think the fnb i have is hot, can someone give me there tds when they use the fnb at 8ml per gallon and if not too much trouble the ph it ends up at, ie. if i drop my tds to say 1100, or 1000 this should leave my ph at optimal 5.5-5.6 yes? and would that be the correct tds i should actually be measuring to, due to my hot batch of fnb? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys, and or gals.

yah i was runnin that ppm way over 2 EC & seemed to be ok
way over Canna rec's of under 2 EC like 1.6-8

check the runoff EC and see if your plant is using the nutrient.
That's one guide to see how the nutrients & plant are working
together and if your flushing through enough.

My runoff EC was way off (very high compared to feed EC)
and my feed EC was a bit high 1200ppm.

So I figure I was not watering to waste enough and got a build-up
of EC in the media. I don't think it was detrimental because they seemed to grow very well.

But I plan to water more runoff in the future or maybe recirculate.
Not fond of collecting runoff and then what to do with it??

Down the drain ends up in the ocean....

LuckyLeaf

sweet, im gonna dump my res's in an hour or so, and give it a shot, 1 last question, although i believe it was already covered but just to be clear this is okay for freshly rooted clones?.
thank you onegreenday, i really appreciate the reference information. If the build up starts to worry you too much, have you thought about a scheduled res dump? i know that kind of defeats the purpose, but if its only once in the middle of phase its not too much work, i dunno if you need to, but my mom used to tell me "safety first".

onegreenday

Veteran
sweet, im gonna dump my res's in an hour or so, and give it a shot, 1 last question, although i believe it was already covered but just to be clear this is okay for freshly rooted clones?.
thank you onegreenday, i really appreciate the reference information. If the build up starts to worry you too much, have you thought about a scheduled res dump? i know that kind of defeats the purpose, but if its only once in the middle of phase its not too much work, i dunno if you need to, but my mom used to tell me "safety first".

i'm hand watering in pots, just have to water through to waste more
but i'm saving the flush to re-use as a base feed.

why dump the rez? just add more water to get the TDC you want.
U must be reciculating.

Cuts could start off lower . work your way up as
they show that they are using what you r giving them.

my numbers were for Canna Terra & some Roots Organics stuff
sorry for the confusion.

LuckyLeaf

i dumped the res and went with flora nova grow at 2.0 EC, and a ph of 5.5 on my og clones, although im still a lil nervous about frying them. when i switch to bloom ill run the lucas mix with flora nova bloom at a 2.0 EC. Also i will be topping off the tds twice a week or so with the bloom nutes(through out veg and bloom with NO res change between) does this sound bout right?

LuckyLeaf

i'm hand watering in pots, just have to water through to waste more
but i'm saving the flush to re-use as a base feed.

why dump the rez? just add more water to get the TDC you want.
U must be reciculating.

Cuts could start off lower . work your way up as
they show that they are using what you r giving them.

my numbers were for Canna Terra & some Roots Organics stuff
sorry for the confusion.

res dump was due to another(many) nute line in there.

LuckyLeaf

can anybody give me a recommended tds(and conversion used)for freshly transplanted clones?(og), or should i maintain the 2.0ec?

LuckyLeaf

well, all is good 1 tray are on there way happy at around 650ppm @.5
the 2nd tray around 325 or so,
and the 3rd tray just transplanted 2 or 3 days ago, with no nutes yet(letting them get established first) thank you OGD, its been a while since I've dabbled in hydro, and i've heard nothing but good reviews about the LF, but had many questions, ie. do i need to supplement my h2o with a ca/mg additive?, nutes full blast from the get-go?..... wow, it is that easy. funny thing, ive been using GH products for sometime now, and thanx to the calculator i realized i dont really need the big gallon of ca/mg ive got(except maybe some rare situation) and the fact that i WAS using it, and other stuff, was really aiding in the daily dissipation of my rez. i stopped using a number of things, from ca/mg and silica to superthrive and liquid karma, and the results:
1. extremely fast growing plants for the age(veg day 8)
2. healthy from root to shoot
3. next month when i go to the shop for nutes, ill get out for under 100$(AND be stocked up for a bit)
4. with no need for rez changes, i get to be quite a bit lazier.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
great great thread, but how do you guys up the nutes? how gradual is it? Like every week do you up the ppm 100 or 200 or just go full strength the whole time or what?! I am using gh flora micro and bloom, DWC, 400whps, tap water (ppm 140), and am having trouble deciding how much to feed them and how much I should raise the ppm. Help? lol

and also what is the equilibrium point where you know your plant is getting exactly the right ppm? some say they feed slightly strong so the ppm rises and ph drops from 6.1 to 5.1 then they add plain water back to lower the ppm and raise ph, and then flush every 10-14 days. Does this work and/or make sense? How do you guys do it? thanks!:bow:

great thread, can u tell me exactly how u get those #s as im using pura vida bloom 20ml magi-cal 10ml nd floralicious plus 1ml per gal.

also I was wondering at what strenth 2 top off at 50% 75% or 100%, any help would b greatly appreciated.

med420

Lucas its good to meet ya. using rockwool, I use hard water micro in the lucas formula, yet because some of the lower npk values, I bumped up micro 1 ml. for instance 4-6 toddlers, growth 6-10, 7-12 bloom w/ 1ml floralicious+ thru out all cycles. due to my water to waste cycle. I water once in the morning w/a 10 to 20% run off thru rockwool. Ive noticed severe salt biuld ups over time if this is not done, especially with 250 ppm hard water. what do you think about this, I would like some input, Christian - med420

BudZad7

GH Lucas/PBPB??

GH Lucas/PBPB??

Hi All !:wave:Very GOOD info! Mixed some batches of GH Micro/Bloom ferts::
and PBPBloom+Calmag+ ferts here's the results...This is based on 1 gal RO water

PBPBloom 15ml + Calmag+ 5ml = EC-2.2
GH Micro 8ml + GH Bloom 16ml = EC-2.2 (Lucas formula)
GH Micro 6ml + GH Bloom 9ml + Floralicious+ 1ml = EC 1.7 (RezDog mix)
PBPBloom 15ml + Calmag+ 5ml + add 1/2 gal RO water = EC-1.7 (1.5 gal mix)

Is it a good thing to add suppliments to this mix???
Carboload powder, Pot O Gold, Sensizym, Liquid Karma, Sweet, Liquid seaweed,
molasses, Sub Culture, Bush Master, Gravity, and Purple Maxx....GH PH up/down.....Peace!!!

BudZad7

GH Lucas/PBPB??

GH Lucas/PBPB??

Hi All !:wave:Very GOOD info! Mixed some batches of GH Micro/Bloom ferts::
and PBPBloom+Calmag+ ferts here's the results...This is based on 1 gal RO water

PBPBloom 15ml + Calmag+ 5ml = EC-2.2
GH Micro 8ml + GH Bloom 16ml = EC-2.2
GH Micro 6ml + GH Bloom 9ml + Floralicious+ 1ml = EC 1.7 (RezDog mix)
PBPBloom 15ml + Calmag+ 5ml + add 1/2 gal RO water = EC-1.7 (1.5 gal mix)

Is it a good thing to add supplements to this mix???
Carboload powder, Pot O Gold, Sensizym, Liquid Karma, Sweet, Liquid seaweed, molasses, Sub Culture, Bush Master, Gravity,
and Purple Maxx....GH PH up/down.....Peace!!!

onegreenday

Veteran
yup the everlasting dilema; what to add.
I'm using up everything .
I'm not getting or thinking about
one more supplement.
I'm done. I'm not kiddin.
I'll keep you posted on what I'm usin.

FatBudsXXX

Canna DOES PRODUCE Mg DEFICIENCY...!!!
I have 3 nice plants with exact signs of Mg def... And I used VERY PURE RAINWATER, EC = 0.02
Is Epsom Salt, o Magn.Sulf. contained in sea water...?
And what would sea water with it's salts do to my hydroponic culture?
I live in a country where CalMag IS AN IDEA ONLY...

Thx...

...peace...