What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calcium?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there,

I have seen quite a few people here recommend calmag for their coco grows. I havent been able to locate any but i have epsom salts for my mg needs...

Just wondering if you guys know of a good source of calcium that is readily available?

I know dolomite lime has goodly amounts and i was thinking about just dissolving a teaspoon in my watering bottle... Good idea???

Yes hardwater tap or dolomite, if you have sea shells you can powder those. But most people opt for bone meal which will only raise the PH to a minimal degree. Dolomite on the other hand will raise the PH. Rock phosphate has calcium but I would not recommend or use heavily the white kind available in stores for organic growing what with the high cadmium levels. Gypsum might be used sparingly for a bit of calcium but I do not use it for organics either.

Bone meal in coco will help as coco with holds calcium, and then magnesium. Which epsom salts should be able to provide on a continuos basis as coco is very conductive.

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
In my case I ran out of Cal/Mag and was broke (as always lol)...so I had to try something. I was running PBP pro "hydro organic" (I know...) and I used E-salts and tap water....if the tap water EC was too high I'd dilute with RO to hit a reasonable baseline EC (.4 -.6 usually is where I was at)....and the plants (except one.... of 20 or so) looked great...

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am growing in pots and just treating the grow as i would soil (except the ph) and my plants are lovin it... except some minor worries.

Organic nutes are all fine i have been assured in various places... except batshit apparently.

I try to get my ph around the 5.8 mark.

Latest posts

Latest posts