What's new

Calcium/Magnesium?

mg75

did you check for bugs?
root disease? do the roots smell earthy and good?
i had deficiencies which culminated from root aphids. before inspecting the root system, i thought it was bad water, ph, nutrients, under-feeding.... although it was none of the above. the root aphids were sucking the life out of my plants. lower yields. lower quality.

i would also check run-off PH and PPM on a regular basis when having problems. often, the medium becomes very acidic when disease strikes and it is an indicator when the ph coming out is lower than the one going in... same with PPMs.

try to flush with a product such as Z7 or enzymes.

T

The_Core

I did not notice any bugs at all. Plant growth is good, it seems very healthy its just the leaves seem light green like a nutrient deficiency. I water 6.5 in and runoff is 6.8. I feed 330 PPM and 440 came out. I have not measured again since then. I will measure runoff and PH tomorrow when I water. I have Azomax I can hit it with just to be sure about insects. Thanks for the advice I am checking out root aphids now that you brought it up.

T

The_Core

I hit it with 600 PPM. No burn, No curling, no wilting. Took it no problem. I guess I was starving my plant. I will water one more time before flower and I am going to hit it with 1000 PPM. Going into flower. I will start flower on the 16th that will have been 42 days of veg, exactly 6 weeks. I imagine my plant will only grow another couple inches in the next 2 weeks.

papaduc

Veteran
What is 1000ppm in EC? What conversion rate are you using?

Use EC with chemical nutes because it gives a clearer picture to anyone reading. Don't go over 1.2ec. In veg, 1.0ec should do you good.

T

The_Core

I have watered 3 times now with nutrients. Week 2, Week 3 and now week 4.

Week 2 veg was 330 PPM (90 PPM tap water and 240 BioBizz) 0.65 EC
Week 3 veg was 330 PPM (90 PPM tap water and 240 BioBizz) 0.65 EC
Week 4 veg was 600 PPM (90 PPM tap water and 510 BioBizz) 1.2 EC

starting week 5 tomorrow. The PH is stable at 6.7
Not tracking runoff anymore it seems to be a waste of time

In week 5 of VEG I am going to hit the plant with probably 1000 PPM (tap+biobizz) EC 2.0

papaduc you said don't go over 1.2 in Veg but I just hit it with 1.2 and it still has a deficiency. And its not a dark green. I don't think 1.2 EC is going to cut it. I only have to water about once a week right now....

papaduc

Veteran
In week 5 of VEG I am going to hit the plant with probably 1000 PPM (tap+biobizz) EC 2.0

Whoa... don't approach things like that brother. That's not how plants respond. You won't see the kind of effect you're looking for after 1 feed.

For example, you should really be feeding at about 1.0-1.2ec as soon as you need to feed at all. That'll keep the plant stable.

Think about it like this: If you starve yourself for a month, and you beging showing signs of malnutrition in your hair, eyes, etc. You won't replace that nourishment by stuffing yourself with one huge meal. All you'll do is bloat yourself.

Treat the plant the same way. It won't respond to a single massive dose of food any better than you would in the same circumstance. Give it what it should be having as it's daily bread, and stick with that.

To put it simply: if 1.2ec is what your plant needs to fulfill it's requirements, anything over that will at best be a waste, and at worst burn them.

Check the new growth on 1.2... that's all you should ever do. Pay most attention to the newest growth and how that shapes up. That'll tell you whether your nutes are now in the right zone or not; not the older foliage. If that recovers to be a perfect green, it'll only be over time.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Soil looks to be a little wet...let it dry out then and hit with 1/2 strength nutes along with a tsp of wholesome organic molasses per gallon of H2o...

sometimes more is less....

T

The_Core

Whoa... don't approach things like that brother. That's not how plants respond. You won't see the kind of effect you're looking for after 1 feed.

For example, you should really be feeding at about 1.0-1.2ec as soon as you need to feed at all. That'll keep the plant stable.

Think about it like this: If you starve yourself for a month, and you beging showing signs of malnutrition in your hair, eyes, etc. You won't replace that nourishment by stuffing yourself with one huge meal. All you'll do is bloat yourself.

Treat the plant the same way. It won't respond to a single massive dose of food any better than you would in the same circumstance. Give it what it should be having as it's daily bread, and stick with that.

To put it simply: if 1.2ec is what your plant needs to fulfill it's requirements, anything over that will at best be a waste, and at worst burn them.

Check the new growth on 1.2... that's all you should ever do. Pay most attention to the newest growth and how that shapes up. That'll tell you whether your nutes are now in the right zone or not; not the older foliage. If that recovers to be a perfect green, it'll only be over time.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I found the problem. I was using BioHeaven a Bio Booster, which jacks EC way up to almost 1! And its a booster, it helps the uptake of other nutrients and provides some micros, but NOT macros. So I was starving my plant of macros because my Bio Stimulants and Boosters were jacking up my EC and I was adding water to bring the EC back down, essentially cutting my macros in half. Next watering. 600 PPM EC 1.2 straight Macros!

T

The_Core

Thanks baccas for stopping in. The general census is that its Magnesium. I am going to keep adding algamic which contains mag at triple dose to keep it in tolerance until I get some epson salts.

T

The_Core

I watered with 1.8 EC. Not even the slightest nutrient burn. Organics are definitely different then chemicals. Anyway Next watering will be 2.2 EC of BioBizz. Going to see what I can push and then dial it back a little.

T

The_Core

picture.php

T

The_Core

picture.php

picture.php

Plant is looking better. The last 1.8 EC feeding went great, no burning. Also foliar spray 3-5 times a day are really getting the job done. Foliar spray with algamic, topmax, root juice and bioheaven. They might not all be designed for foliar spray but they sure aren't hurting anything.

Not measuring runoff PH or EC anymore. Only what is going in. 6.5 PH and 1.8 EC, Next feeding on the 16th is 6.5 PH and 2.2 EC.

Starting flower on the 16th with VEG bulbs, the flower bulbs wont arrive until the 25th or so.

T

The_Core

It will have been 38 days since the plant broke surface when I flip. I will do a 50 day flower unless it turns out to be male. It will get axed if its male. I wont collect pollen if its male, I am not going to breed a runt into any other plants. Over 30 days veg and this plant is like 6 inches tall. A runt of a bush.

Latest posts

Latest posts