What's new

CalBear4Life's Grow Diary (Flood/Drain: OG Kush and ChemDawg D)

Okay so the stress is fucking with me...I am applying Serenade tonight and I started them on Final Phase from AN. I already chopped off most of the affected areas and I think the Serenade should take care of the rest fingers crossed. I am going to spray right before lights off and I am hoping that I can salvage MOST of the buds. FML. What do you guys think? Sound like an alright plan?

fireman

Honestly, I am not personally a fan of spraying anything on flowers after about the 4th week at the latest. If you re already having problems with humidity you might want to try and hook up a dehumidifier or something along those lines. It just seems that any water based products could further the problem.

Give it a day or two and see if it is spreading after trying to add a dehumidifier, but 65% is a little high if your flowers are dense.

Honestly, I am not personally a fan of spraying anything on flowers after about the 4th week at the latest. If you re already having problems with humidity you might want to try and hook up a dehumidifier or something along those lines. It just seems that any water based products could further the problem.

Give it a day or two and see if it is spreading after trying to add a dehumidifier, but 65% is a little high if your flowers are dense.

Sounds good...I cranked up the oscillating fan and I have the humidity under 55% now. Tripping out though, is it possible to have some rot in some areas and not in others? I trimmed the fan leaves big time to help with circulation

Well I trimmed most of the fan leaves that I could get to and turned on my little dehuey to discourage high humidity. It is still in the 55% range, I know its too high but its the best I can do. I do not see any more rot, but I am being super vigilant. I want to chop these ladies down soon because I am scared that I am going to have more problems. I am on Day 5 of the flush and want to let it go a few more days to get all of the nutes out of it. Any pointers?

fireman

Yea i would imagine you could see any rot that is going to be a problem. It can still be a problem when you dry so make sure you have a couple of good strong oscilating fans blowing the air around really well but not to close ot the plants. All i can think of at this point. Don`t freak out whatever happens happens slim chance you lose the whole crop if you get the humidity down under 55

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
yo CalBear, nice journal man. Very good for beginners to see the ups & downs ya can go through but to stick with it is to be rewarded, either with some kind nugs to burn or the experience gained or both. Looks like you'll get both! Nice work man, keep us posted.

What day is now, 63-64? I'd let them go 4-5 more days at least, it makes a big difference in trich development. Got a scope? Check some trich's and see where you're at. You've worked this long on them, just stay hyper vigilant, get good air flow in there and try to bring the humidity down as best you can.

Yea i would imagine you could see any rot that is going to be a problem. It can still be a problem when you dry so make sure you have a couple of good strong oscilating fans blowing the air around really well but not to close ot the plants. All i can think of at this point. Don`t freak out whatever happens happens slim chance you lose the whole crop if you get the humidity down under 55

Thanks man...seems like my best bet is to chop these ladies. I am going to chop on Thursday in order to allow for a 7 day flush...depression

I haven't seen anymore signs of mold, but I was going to chop these ladies today. Should I wait to chop until they have flushed for longer? Its been 7 days now, should I try to shoot for 10 days if possible? What about watering and whatnot, cut it off today?

Well, since the bud rot problems I haven't had much traffic on my journal. Those of you who are still interested I chopped the OG yesterday...it is all trimmed and drying in the closet :). I am going to chop the Chem D today. They both looked a little premature but as Jim_Browsky said, "It is better to have some bud then none!" I will post pictures once I'm not so busy.

Cheers guys!!!

Sorry for the lag in posting. I chopped the ladies down the other day and trimmed them up pretty nice before hanging them up. There has been no more signs of rot but I am being super careful. I will post some pics once it is dried and cured a little. I can say this already though there is a TON of room for improvement.

the chemdog turned out awesome..very heady and strong. The ogs was actually a different strain, and I'm not too happy with it but it is still really stony

Latest posts

Latest posts