What's new

cal or Mg def?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Kinda what im thinking too. Cal def early from silica screw ups... then too much nutes afterwards for this particular chick. I have other symptoms of over nuted such as claws and super dark green. Extra leafy to boot.

I had the claw a couple years ago, a nitrogen sensitivity often found in plants related to DJ short blueberry!

KONY

Veteran
I have observed these exact same symptoms for some months now, and I am starting to suspect Pythium, Fusarium or another fungal disease... Has anybody had similar experiences?

I have, I think it's Septoria Leaf spot.... we have a run of chemd and tahoe right now that is just about done, it experienced this more than any other run over the past year, but ive noticed it once the plants start to flower the lowers leafs slowly get it.

Doesnt seem to effect yield or quality at all, not yet anyways.
I've picked up some actinovate for our outside tomatoes next year, i'm gonna try to use it before the problem starts showing this round on the cannabis. Pretty sure its not gonna hurt anything.

16th_hole

I battled that same issue for quite some time. Turns out it was the hard water. Did a side by side with a couple plants. Both brought up the same but used ro water instead of the tap water and presto. No more issues. Lived at a house shortly there after which had a really old well right on the edge of the golf course. 50 years of run off. Ugh... just for shit and giggles I watered one plant with tap water and it browned and curled just like the worst of your pics in about 36 hours. Back to ro water and it cleared up in the new growth.

You can add all kinds of goofy shit to your mix, but start with the simplest things first. Your basics. Save yourself the time and money and try it out. Most grocery stores have a bottle your own deal now a days - nice way to get strated with pure water if you can't shuck out $200 for a decent ro unit. Good luck!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I battled that same issue for quite some time. Turns out it was the hard water. Did a side by side with a couple plants. Both brought up the same but used ro water instead of the tap water and presto. No more issues. Lived at a house shortly there after which had a really old well right on the edge of the golf course. 50 years of run off. Ugh... just for shit and giggles I watered one plant with tap water and it browned and curled just like the worst of your pics in about 36 hours. Back to ro water and it cleared up in the new growth.

You can add all kinds of goofy shit to your mix, but start with the simplest things first. Your basics. Save yourself the time and money and try it out. Most grocery stores have a bottle your own deal now a days - nice way to get strated with pure water if you can't shuck out $200 for a decent ro unit. Good luck!

Bingo!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i'd say if the ph isn't too low then calcium def.

the last 2 pics in the first post is def nute burn/ph is way off. usually a temporary issue as the pots either get too dry, or they're staying sitting in pools of runoff too long. and the ph drops really bad/high salt concentration. i can guarantee that one, it's the only time i've ever seen it. i can show you tons of pics.

picture.php

here's one to get you started. nute burn.

pretty sure it's been resolved in the past 2 years. but for anyone else. if the tips of your leaves suddenly get brown overnight, dark grey, soft wilted spots in the leaf that quickly turn yellow, brown, die/ dry out. it's from too high of a salt concentration in the leaves.

Catatafish

Veteran
Funny thing about the hardwater....

This my first run not using my ro filter due to needing about $300 in replacement filters.

Latest posts

Latest posts