What's new

cabinet grow with 2x 250w cfl

lowrdr

I'd like to build a box similar to yours, do you have any pictures of it or can you draw a picture of how you built it or talk about how you built it? I dont have a saw but I have a drill and lowes will cut wood to whatever I want, I would just need to give them lengths.

lol well you will need a saw. it also depends how big you want your box to be, what shape. you will want 4 uprights in each corner, then 2 beams of wood to run the length of the box on the top and 2 along the bottom. you will want the same at each end. also you will want braces in the middle, its fairly straight forward. if you have no building or carpentry experience you should get somebody that has. the last thing you want is a flimsy box that collapses when its full of plants! good luck!

lowrdr

if you have the wood cut to the right dimensions, you could just fix together using those plastic fixing blocks, not that i'm dissing your building methods lowrdr, but i've built several cfl cabs this way which were perfectly sturdy.. :)

that may be lol but i have a 4ft long lizard tank on top of mine with a 4 foot python tank on top of that. so obv mine MUST be strong. i agree your method would work well

lowrdr

couple of the purple ak47 have cracked and shown taproots. should be seeing a few break surface in the next couple of days :D

lowrdr

you're not the only one. my last batch of ak47's were shite so very much looking forward to these!!

lowrdr

have 8 editions to the cabinet. 8 lowryder 2 x russian rocket fuel. so far only 1 purple ak shown above the surface.

the.rise

I cant wait to see how that blueberry rocketfuel comes out. After reading through so many AF grows i really see great potential in their evolution. my first attempt should be taking place in the next month or so.

a quick question for you or anybody else reading through, is the maximum yield of "20-40 grams per AF" achievable in less than professional settings? I read that youre pulling approx 10grams off each plant, which seems such a small harvest for medicinal use unless you pull 3 a week like you do. I plan to do a nice 24plant sog with minor lst'ing with autoflowers and was wondering what the potential yield could be. i know lumens/nutes/space/pheno all play big rolls in yield, but im looking for just a pretty straight forward "well i got x grams out of each of my 2x plants with x watts cfl"

and i know this looks like thread jacking but i just read all 9 pages of replies and you guys really seem to be really knowledgeable and laid back.

lowrdr

no such thing as thread jacking, were here to help! if you are going for medicinal i recommend buying auto hindu kush. it will stay fairly small has tight compact buds and is very indica so if its meds you want then that is the plant for you. left all the way it will prob yield upwards of 14grams, i tend to take mine a bit early which is why i dont pull as much as i should. give it a whirl, once youve been auto you wont go back lol ;-)

lowrdr

right well they say things come in 3's and i had them all yesterday.

firstly my comp went a bit loopy and needed reformatting which means i lost loads of photos in the process. ive also had to cull 10 girls due to have no space. and finally the purple ak47 germination went wrong. the container got knocked over and all seeds are now mixed up so will have to try and work out which is which in the future.

well at least thats 3 bad things all done and dusted, now hopefully i can crack on with my project!

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
right well they say things come in 3's and i had them all yesterday.

firstly my comp went a bit loopy and needed reformatting which means i lost loads of photos in the process. ive also had to cull 10 girls due to have no space. and finally the purple ak47 germination went wrong. the container got knocked over and all seeds are now mixed up so will have to try and work out which is which in the future.

well at least thats 3 bad things all done and dusted, now hopefully i can crack on with my project!

:D sending some karma your way cuz ;)

lowrdr

cheers shrooms, im hoping that is all for now. its true what they say though, when the 3's come they do tend to come at once!

lowrdr

have picked out 2 purple ak's so far. they have slightly diff colouration and leaf shape to all my other genetics. slightly smaller and thinner leaves to start. hard to explain but i got the difference lol! now just waiting for more to pop up

M

mossy

LOT finer leafed....

better to see the bud with..
and a lot quicker trimming...:yummy:

picture.php

I remember their mom with fondness...:kissass:

sending karma your way too Bro...

M

mossy

picture.php

she has this very endearing bud habit..
she puts one bud stalk up..then the main bud gets bumps..
and the bumps turn into two other buds...

picture.php

Oh..very Generous Girl...three for one..

Bit of an Ugly Duckling at first..Gawky..but don't be put off..
once she developes her curves...mm..mm..mmm..

lowrdr

extremely pleased :D

gonna have fun with these genetics! ak genes will enable me to bump up the yields over time hopefully:joint::joint:

lowrdr

extremely attractive plant!! cant wait to get these producing! think further on the line i will introduce the extremely frosty low #2 x hindu kush pheno once ive locked it down, it will add extreme frost to the nice purple buds :D

M

mossy

Look at her bud..bunches of grapes..sticking up...

Kush dom habit...

couldn't think of a better match for her myself..:muahaha:

Latest posts

Latest posts