What's new

c99 crosses

juncko67

How bout c99 x burmese? I have grown and or smoked a few burmese crosses and they always have a very nice, exotic, almost sexy taste to them along with very nice relaxing sativa type potency. Reefermans Viper (burmese x blackseed) was really something special!

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take a look at the work of Wally Duck,,, many of his strains are based on c99 :canabis:

Gert Lush

Veteran
C99 is a great outcrosser!
Even though I don't smoke much c99, I keep it just for crosses.

IMHO, C99 shines when crossed with exotic sativas, to bring down the flowering time a bit and up the yield.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, btw, crossing it with an indica... what's your objective?? I'm sure it won't be a bad smoke, whatever happens, though perhaps not one I'd try myself.

303 x C99

KC-BahiaBlackhead x C99

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a male C99 about to blow his wad. Not sure what I'm going to hit with him yet. C99xC99 for sure. At the moment I have Herijuana,Deep Chunk,PTK,G13xBurmese, LP#1,Highend,(G13xBurmese)xBlockhead and an Ace mix girl flowering. So maybe they all will get a taste of his love powder.

whodi

Veteran
Well crossing c99 with indicas could increase their flavor and make a nice 50/50 hybrid for growing trees.. which i prefer to do.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Vermonster said:
Hit em all LG........whore your boy out for sure!!!!!

I want to but, I also have a Deep Chunk male that needs to be used on a few girls. If I am careful I can try a little of both males on the girls. But that might be a headache waiting to happen. :rasta:

Last edited:

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Sup Fatt Daddy,
I grew out the LieuHanh99 which is (Vietnamese x Nevil's Haze) x C99. When I 1st saw these beans I just had to have them! Got 1.5 packs of them from Spice Bros seeds on Docs site (5 got crushed w/ 1st order). They were the most expensive beans I had purchased for my 1st grow and tbh...the worst plants of the entire lot! Came out like good hemp? I have no idea why they tuned out so crappy. Everything else that was grown out w/ them came out great! These were my least favorite as far as flavor, yield, and stone. Go figure? With genes like those, I just dont get it. Still have a few left over and have not given up completely on this strain. Waiting for a chance to grow them outdoors. Sativas need their space. Any1 else ever grow LieuHanh99?
-Dr:p :laughing:

Fatt Daddy said:
I really wanted to snag some Vietnamese Black X C99 seeds, but i waited too long and missed out. Anyone ever tried it?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
What about the Indica head stone influence??

What about the Indica head stone influence??

Ok.... Anyone who's spent more than 10 minutes around me will know that I'm coo-coo for C-99.

As an individual with Asperger's Syndrome I've not run into anything that flatlined my symptoms quite so nicely and I've been a raving fan since.

The problem I have with crosses would be the outside chance that an Indica head stone could show up. I have a seriously low tolerance for any indica head influence as it makes me dumber than tapioca.

Since the subject of crosses has come up... do any of you have information on which seem to have kept out the head-stone?

The reason I ask is that from what I've read, crossing can sometimes bring out indica or sat influences even if the original wasn't indica or sat.

(I'm also really REALLY sensitive so it's kinda like a bad allergy type thing as it can really screw up my day/week/month if I get stuck with the wrong meds.. ya know?)

I have a bit of time. Got my setup going and ended up short on funding for genetics. Have a Skunk #1 that should work but it won't help as much as C-99.

I also have a Shanti... don't know what to do with it really as it's supposedly an Indica? (Hate getting crap from clubs with employees that don't know anything... I was desperate :bashhead: )

So.. sorry for rambling.. (been trimming a bit of leaf lately as I've been out of meds for about 2 weeks now. Doesn't quite cut it but keeps me at least controllable to a point)

P.S. If anyone else with Asperger's Syndrome can list the strains they've had good luck with, maybe I could find something inexpensive.. no?

Keep up the good work folks. The C-99 genetics need to be kept spread as far and thickly as possible. Thank you!

greenhead

Veteran
What's wrong with the C99 as it is? What is the reason to cross it? What negatives does the C99 have? Is the yield low or something? Is the taste not that great? Is the high not too good? I haven't gotten a chance to try C99 yet, but I thought that C99 was the shit.

:joint: :wave:

BlackBart

Veteran
Greenhead the C-99 is a great plant period ! The high is not for everyone including myself. Its very racy and heart pounding but some folks love that. Here is a pic of Soma's Reclining Buddha X C-99 I made this cross years ago for two reasons . One was for mold resistance and the other was taste. C-99 has a great pineapple flaver to her . The high is up and but mellow.

Gert Lush

Veteran
Agreed BlackBart, the C-99 high can be mildly racy (don't agree with those that say it's "very" racy, try a sativa for comparison, LOL), but is very nice. It does get a bit boring though, and tolerance builds fairly easily, also the "ceiling" is not too high, really, few toots too many and off to the land of Nod. Not my definition of "sativa"!

OTOH smoking it exclusively I find it also leaves me a bit psychologically tired and prone to anxiousness/para in day-to-day scenarios. Don't really like that. However, in moderation it is terrific, and crossed into sativas it's just something else!

I'm not knocking C-99, I have a keeper AND a few hundred seeds from experiments, but for me its great value is as an outcrosser. 303xC99 is a classic.

Not sure why your C99xLH didn't work, DrPoison, I've had an absolutely brilliant ApolloxLH from SB, it was only supplanted as my staple by NepJam. Very strong and very soulful it was.

I've also got some plain old LH, but funnily enough I don't feel that crossing it with c99 would be good. There are so many other possibilities though...

====

ps. Some of SpiceBros's C99xDurbanThai were also very good plants.

Last edited:

greenhead

Veteran
BlackBart said:
Greenhead the C-99 is a great plant period ! The high is not for everyone including myself. Its very racy and heart pounding but some folks love that. Here is a pic of Soma's Reclining Buddha X C-99 I made this cross years ago for two reasons . One was for mold resistance and the other was taste. C-99 has a great pineapple flaver to her . The high is up and but mellow.

Your cross looks very nice! I will find out for myself how the C99 is because I have a cross going that has C99 in both the mother and father, so I figure that it should at least be more than 50% C99. None of the weed that I have now is racy or heart pounding, so bring it on I say! I just hope I don't get too paranoid from it, lol.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Greenhead, the C-99 x Princess Diesel seeds you have will be about 62 1/2% C-99 or Princess 88. Another 6 1/4% Manga Rosa,a Brazilian sativa and 6 1/4% First lady, an Indian/Paki hybrid. It will also be 25% Sour Diesel. Should make for an up high, but hopefully not paranoid. Some phenos of the Bullrider Diesel(AB x PD) can get a little trippy.

greenhead

Veteran
Pops said:
Greenhead, the C-99 x Princess Diesel seeds you have will be about 62 1/2% C-99 or Princess 88. Another 6 1/4% Manga Rosa,a Brazilian sativa and 6 1/4% First lady, an Indian/Paki hybrid. It will also be 25% Sour Diesel. Should make for an up high, but hopefully not paranoid. Some phenos of the Bullrider Diesel(AB x PD) can get a little trippy.

Hi Pops! That sounds good!

Where does the Manga Rosa, and First Lady enter into the mix? I didn't read anything about those on the descriptions of C99 or Princess Diesel.

I also got a confirmed female today for one of the C99 x Princess Diesel plants (12 days into 12/12), so I will finally get to sample it when the current grow is done.

C

Cinderella99

Hydro-Soil...

Hydro-Soil...

I'm very interested to learn that the C99 "flatlines" your Asperger symptoms...Fascinating. We've heard enough about indica's effect on body pain, but not enough about sativa's ability to address anxiety, depression, etc IMO. I would say that a Skunk #1 cross would avoid any "indica pitfalls" as long as you use F1's. That's my guess. I'm planning on trying an alpha diesel cross myself after my current. I'll probably try a few of these AD99 (I'm limited to 6 in CA) next and pm you with results in several mos. Best Regards.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Greenhead, White Widow is composed of First lady as the mom and Manga Rosa as the dad.