What's new

C5xA5 Haze

SolarLogos

I have a couple of C5xA5. These 2 year old seeds sprouted easily after soaking overnight on 4-20. Seeds were transplanted into solo cups for 3 weeks, then into 2 gallon pots and transplanted last night into 20 gallon smartpots.

So far, the plants have been quite easy to grow. I've not had to feed them yet, with the exception of weekly foliar spraying with Epsom salt the past two weeks.

I topped both plants after 4 weeks of growth. One girl has 7 fingered leaves and is much more Sativa leaning with longer innernode spacing. I removed the bottom set of branches as they were quite small, allowing the plant to put more of it's energy into the more productive upper branches. I topped her leaving two sets of branches. I then topped the two main leads to give her 4 main colas.

The second girl is much more compact and better branching. She has 9 finger leaves and because of her excellent branching and compact structure, I topped her leaving 5 sets of long, healthy branches. I only topped this girl, leaving two main tops; although I may top those main tops to get 4 main tops/colas. It gets quite windy here in N. California in the valley, so I always risk the plants splitting if I top them too much.

Top and side picture of the Sativa leaning girl with 7 fingers
6-16c.jpg
6-16d.jpg

Compact girl with 9 fingers

6-16a.jpg
6-16b.jpg

Both plant just got repotted into their final homes last night. They should have been transplanted last week, but I was out of town.
The white flies are out this time of year and are always a battle. The best way I've found to deal with them is to get up early in the morning, around 4:30am while it's still dark and cold and spray the plants with insecticidal soap. Ambushing them seems to be the only way to control them. If I spray during the day, they just fly away unharmed and go to the next plant.

Thank you so kindly Dubi for allowing me the opportunity to grow these haze hybrids; I feel very honored to have these in my garden. For sure, some Vietnamese Black pollen will land on these girls, after I've taken some cuts.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace
SL

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Both look interesting and sativa dom already in young stage @SolarLogos :)
Thanks for including a couple into this year outdoor season, which is going to be very interesting and exciting on your side friend! ;)

I didn't want to release straight Nevil's work without contributing with ACE genetics to the new hybrid, but thought this one would be an interesting cross for many lovers of his work, so C5 x A5 fem seeds have been given away to friends and loyal ACE customers.

C5 Haze and A5 Haze are probably the 2 most important F1 Haze hybrid parent plants from Haze breeding history. C5 Haze x A5 Haze is not an F1, neither a S1 or F2, although is almost as variable like a F2, technically would more a polyhybrid, although bred with lines that share kinship: same NL #5 mother and Haze A and C dads from Nevil/Sam. There's quite variability in this cross, each individual showing a different blend of traits from these legendary Nevil's parent plants.

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Both look interesting and sativa dom already in young stage @SolarLogos :)
Thanks for including a couple into this year outdoor season, which is going to be very interesting and exciting on your side friend! ;)

I didn't want to release straight Nevil's work without contributing with ACE genetics to the new hybrid, but thought this one would be an interesting cross for many lovers of his work, so C5 x A5 fem seeds have been given away to friends and loyal ACE customers.

C5 Haze and A5 Haze are probably the 2 most important F1 Haze hybrid parent plants from Haze breeding history. C5 Haze x A5 Haze is not an F1, neither a S1 or F2, although is almost as variable like a F2, technically would more a polyhybrid, although bred with lines that share kinship: same NL #5 mother and Haze A and C dads from Nevil/Sam. There's quite variability in this cross, each individual showing a different blend of traits from these legendary Nevil's parent plants.
I apologize for the late update; it's been quite a busy summer and a lot of time spent out of town. Everything got planted from their pots and into the ground around the beginning of July. I put in a drip irrigation system and a timer, along with a good layer of straw under all the plants. This has allowed me to be out of town for a week or more at a time and not worry about the plants. It took a while to get it dialed in just right and the plants have all done well in their new environment.

We've had quite a few days of 100F/38C and above, but the soil under the straw is quite cool. The ground stays moist, but not wet with the irrigation system going on for 5 minutes every 6 hours.

The first C5xA5 is the 9 finger girl. Both these girls feed a lot heavier than the others. I topdress all the plants under the straw, but the C5xA5 require some extra nitrogen/fish emulsion a couple of times per week.

8-6a9f.jpg
8-6b9f.jpg
8-6c9f.jpg

Here is the 11 finger girl. She has slightly shorter and slightly narrower fingers than her sister. Her color is also much lighter. I'll get some stem rubs once they develop a little more

8-6a11f.jpg
8-6b11f.jpg
8-6c11f.jpg

I'll try to keep this updated more as they start to go into flower.

I took several cuts of each. I'll try reversing on and make some more seeds to play with.
Thank you again Dubi, I really appreciate this rare and special opportunity to grow these. Much love brother!

SolarLogos

I love your garden friend. Those plants look super healthy.
Thank you brother, I appreciate you stopping by. I'm really excited to be growing these. I plan to do an open pollination on some original haze this winter and will put a cut of these two in there. I took plenty of cuts and will reverse one of each, which will keep my quite busy for a while ;)

I opened them up to let the sunlight in. There are 8 leads, IIRC

8-21.jpg
8-21a.jpg
8-21b.jpg
8-21c.jpg

Peace

SolarLogos

Quick shot of a C5xA5. Both plants are cruising along nicely with very little fuss. I'll get pics of the other one tomorrow. They are both hitting a nice stretch. Cuts all rooted easily in about a week. Everything got fed with 4-9-3 NPK (top-dressed) and sprayed with insecticidal soap.

8-27.jpg

Peace

Ras Kali Rasta

Quick shot of a C5xA5. Both plants are cruising along nicely with very little fuss. I'll get pics of the other one tomorrow. They are both hitting a nice stretch. Cuts all rooted easily in about a week. Everything got fed with 4-9-3 NPK (top-dressed) and sprayed with insecticidal soap.

View attachment 18883214

Peace
Looking great Solar. Thin leaves for a 50% Afghani hybrid. Nice Haze dominance. Hopefully the effects follow suite.

Rgd

Veteran
years ago I was given an old pack of C5xA5 to repro..

its been sitting in the wings [frozen]

just grew out old ot1 hz repro done early 2000’s

those C5xA5 plants sure look promising Solar

you are growing some wild stuff bro