What's new

C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

Johnnyseed

macro of 3
View Image

plants one and two got a bit of a stress test when i folded the stems to reduce the height a little. they werent actually that tall, pretty squat plants but i like them all to be the same height.. thats scroggers for ya ;)
View Image
View Image

VG

ive never seen anyone literally FOLD the branches. did you practically snap the branches to do so?

would like to try this on my plants

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey johnny, yes kind of.

it may not work with all strains, but try squashing the stem between thumb and forefinger. if it flattens quite easily and appears hollow you should be fine. squash a length of stem a coupe of inches long and then it should be easy to bend it without snapping it. if you want to do the z stem double folding thing then you will need to do this twice so you can fold it down and back up again. i used padded wire to hold it together as you can see in the picture. after a few days the folds will thicken up and harden/heal similar to supercropping. check the wire from time to time ad you may need to loosen it later in the grow as the stems thicken.

its quite a scarey thing to do.... but quite cool :D

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have sent some more packs of the C4DD to the bay and OP says they will be dropped on saturday afternoon UK time.

not just for indoors, any outdoor growers should consider this strain, someone grew a huge plant in the Uk outdoors and it finished late september which is very early for the UK. he also said it was the only strain he grew that stayed mould free. Uk outdoors is not an easy grow i can assure you so that's quite an endorsement!

I'd definitely recommend it to people doing outdoor as she needed no support and yielded huge rock hard spears in not much time at all.

I'm actually smoking some finger hash from trimming her as I type, absolutely delightful, like some fine charas or nepalese temple ball. I think she would be a hash maker's dream as the resin retains the chem terpenes perfectly. Great
VG

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yes indeed, I'd recommend this line to outdoor and indoor gardeners alike!

I threw a few clones of two different C4DD phenos outside at the start of June ish. By the end of September they'd turned into 6 foot bushes yielding arm length colas of mould free chem funk! I did chop a bit early, mainly to avoid the bad weather etc but the smoke was excellent still.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get photos at harvest as it was done in a panic, but here's a few to show you the potential.

Don't sleep on this strain people!

Peace

Wow, yesterday they will had like 4 packs on the bay and today when I go to order....grrrr. Especially when I had just gotten a pack of the Rez ChemDog IBL

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
I have some Chem4D growing...and instead of making a new thread I thought to just add them here...and update when I do...

I did germinate the whole pack...but only ended up with 3 for I had an unexpected rise in temperature in the room I had seeds in and lost a few that night

I have a male and what looks to be 2 females....that are about 5 and a bit weeks old I think

They are being grown in a mixture of perlite and coco in 4 liter pots ATM and fed GT ionic nutes...they will be potted up into 9 liter buckets I think is the plan

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The boy
picture.php

kaneboy

Love this thread I ordered a pack and so it goes my money never made it to the bay but one day I will have this strain til then I will haft to drool

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome thread...

I'm looking to score a couple packs of these but the listings have expired.

Wondering how this line compares to any of the other "4D" crosses & back crosses? Tres Dawg for instance.

Don't know what caused it but I, all of a sudden, got a hankerin for some Chem gems.

Looking forward to seeing what's in this line.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey MJ, the C4DD and all my other stock should have been re-listed after the offer.
i'll chase that up.

i couldnt tell you how they compare to the other crosses, but i have the Chem D cut and most plats from this bx come pretty close to that, some have a bit more bulk which probaby comes from the chem 4

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like i need to send some more packs of C4DD into the bay as the last one just went.

i'll try and do that next week

VG

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
forgive me if this has been covered but. how many days to finish do these run. i was thinking of running outdoor and wanted to know if there were many outliers in the phenos that took more than 8.5-9 weeks. if so whats the range.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there, i would say they take around 9 on average indoors, but they have been found to start flowering quite early outdoors and finish in the uk end of sept which is much earlier than most strains - unless that are bred specifically for outdoors.

mold resistant too

VG

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Cool I may run some out next spring. Do you think there's much to be gained by further back crossing to the d? I don't know shit about breeding in this way. Bx'd clone onlies. It's curious. I'm mainly looking for a male to reverse and find a d Dom flower type.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey str8, i'm of the opinion that anything good to be achieved from the bx will be achieved on the first bx, and further backcrossing may do more harm than good. making F2's would be worth it though, you would still get the spread but with more D traits.

VG

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Nice work v. G. Sounds like your achieving your goals on this cross. Nice work. Looks like folks are finding bomb keepers in those packs.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks str8!

OP has some packs of these so we are just waiting for him to relist them

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i sent him a reminder yesterday so hopefully soon

i also have some left here so can send in another batch if necessary :)