What's new

C- BANANA S1

Coughie

what happens if i dust a S1ster w/ her Brother 'S1 pollen? wtf could that be ??

That's what I would do, regardless of what you call it. Try it, anyway. It might just be a whole mess of problems, a breeding nightmare, but it might be Banana Gold, just wont know until it's done.

I think Hammer is on the right track though.

If it produces male and female offspring, i would think its something like C-Banana S1F2

Americangrower

Veteran
what happens if i dust a S1ster w/ her Brother 'S1 pollen? wtf could that be ??

If he is a true male from S1 seeds crossed back to his sister it will be a F2. It would be the same as making a F1 with a female that came from a selfed seed but since they are bro/sis its the 2nd cross so F2

Americangrower

Veteran
Having said that I wouldn't do it with the known hermi tendencies, but to each their own. I would use him on something stable like NL then look for a banana pheno girl and hit her with him to try and get a stable banana seed line

If he is a true male from S1 seeds crossed back to his sister it will be a F2. It would be the same as making a F1 with a female that came from a selfed seed but since they are bro/sis its the 2nd cross so F2
It is not possible to have a true male from S1 seeds unless it was created using a reversed male crossed with the same male.
Cheers

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Star ~
want me to send you a plastic bag with AOG pollin in it so you can make a few C-Banana x AOG?
That may make for some seriously monster outdoor plants next year!
Its a big ziplock with pollin dusted and stuck in the bag. Just put a few side branches in it and whala!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Genetics are funny. An S1 x the exact same plant = S2. If it is just a sibling from a the same generation, a sister plant, It's still F1. Even a Bx8 for example, is still an F1 if it is the first generation of that particular seed lot.

So S1 x S1 freak male = S1 Ix1 F1.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

~star~crash~

phone cam has no detail .but it's good for a profile shot ... you can see what i'm talking about w/these CB S1 Ladies:dance013:
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
An F1 hybrid (or filial 1 hybrid) is the first filial generation of offspring of distinctly different parental types.. So im thinking s1 x ix f2 would be more appropriate since there siblings

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think they are related. There was no other pollen around when I made these seeds. All of the crosses I have made in the past 5 years have been fem. Even if there was pollen contamination the seeds would still be fem since I don't have any males. Only other possibility would be a mislabeled plant.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just listing all possible causes doesn't mean that's what happened here. I have mislabeled plants it happens.