What's new

C-99 under 220w of PL-L CFL lamps

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Sounds like you are moving on to HPS?
Only for quantity purposes. I'm working on converting my cab to scrog so I can run 6-month headstash runs and might even add a couple lamps. :D I really love these PL-L's.

I want to thank you for your teachable threads. I have a C99-Skunk strain that looks like a clone of your plant. It will be going under 220 pl-l, scrogged, and 10 gallon ebb-n-flow. I'll be posting my diary in a few weeks and I hope you drop by with some helpful tips. Muchas gracias.
My pleasure. Lotta folks posted the info back in the day and helped me get started, just passing it on. :D

I look forward to seeing your diary and will definitely stop by. Do me a favor though and PM me with the link as I don't track things well long term. :)

K

KnightRueben

Just stopping in to say that you really make those PL-L's attractive! You are a damn good pimp.

I'm running a 150w HPS atm, but I'm just loving what you're saying about the PL-L's. Particularly when you said the majority of heat comes from the first inch or so of the light and the base. I can imagine that could lead to incredible micro grow technology with some fiddling, as you suggested.

Nicely done, sounds like your second round was very impressive!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Thanks all for stopping by. Just found a major clue as to why everything has been so under developed (for my liking anyway).... Turns out that my water is complete crap and it's what I used to wash the hydroton and lava rock on both runs.

I have 1 bucket of Hydroton that was rinsed with RO water and that C-99 is Big, Chunky and just wicked under the 1K. The same cut in hydroton, washed the same way as the lavarock/hydroton my first two runs under CFLs looks puny and pathetic. LOL (Ok, not so funny but it's past and done with)

I'm looking forward to finishing my PL-L cab and starting some African Haze in there. :D Yep Yep. :D Be a couple months but it'll happen. :D