What's new

Buying USED equipment - KNOW your source!

well thats why people are calling bullshit, also when people hear the "son of a friend" part, i think its like hearing "i caught a fish this big"

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
well thats why people are calling bullshit, also when people hear the "son of a friend" part, i think its like hearing "i caught a fish this big"

That's OK.

Part of the game you know.

:)

PS: Don't believe someone just because he has posted a picture. ;)

dubya.jpg
0_61_mugshots_bush_nylibrary.jpg

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Its like the Bible. Who cares if its true. If it isn't there's still something to be learned. And if it is, you're stupid not to learn something.

sh seems like a good enough guy and this isn't directed to/about him in any way just a general tip, dont judge anything about a member based on rep points or post count. those alot of the time are misnomers. ive noticed some of the biggest pitas's on here have the most rep and posts. go figure

jakeh

Why would they bother to sell used equipment in Wal-Mart parking lots? I feel like if LEO were involved they'd just have the manufacturer drop a GPSer in every single unit at the factory. WAY easier approach.

Maybe they want to meet at Walmart because there are cameras everywhere. Free video surveillance is pretty smart. Walmart has a tight relationship with the police. They prosecute every shoplifter they catch.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Its like the Bible. Who cares if its true. If it isn't there's still something to be learned. And if it is, you're stupid not to learn something.

I can't believe this but I find myself agreeing with you. :)

sh seems like a good enough guy and this isn't directed to/about him in any way just a general tip, dont judge anything about a member based on rep points or post count. those alot of the time are misnomers. ive noticed some of the biggest pitas's on here have the most rep and posts. go figure

On the other hand those with a few posts and little rep could just be a sock puppet.

We have just arrived at a "Trust no one. Believe nothing." impasse.

whats a sock puppet? fwiw im just an older guy who always bought my stuff and now ive got time and space and want to learn for myself. theres a bloke i pm when i have questions or need help. i read tons n tons of grow threads and then shoot the crap for a bit. whatver that makes me, so be it.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
:yeahthats

I'm simply giving you the flip side of trusting someone that doesn't have a lot of rep or posts.

I believe Strainhunter because I have no reason not to.

They make more money picking us off than we ever do living our lives.

Don't doubt agents go to great lengths to screw us over, kill our pets, strand our families, and change how humans treat each other.

Some of their tactics already scream injustice.

It's how they get paid... I can't see how they sleep with themselves.

You know, it should be sufficient enough to take the time & effort to inform those who share the same interests & risks. That alone should be appreciated, take in the info, then pass it along. The hell with being called a bullshitter because there's no pics, WTF?!

There's enough shit to contend with as it is submitting pics, compromising security, alot of us are not fortunate enough to be living in med states, & some of us are even living in downright, hot enemy territory, where you leave that damn camera in the box!

I would like to see a picture of this device myself. Not for verification that the story is true. But rather so I know what to look for if I decide to purchase new gear. I see no reason a crooked hydro shop working with the pigs wouldn't do this to unsuspecting people. If no pic, is threre anything you can share about who made the gps unit? How did Tom or whoever determine it was in fact a tracking device?

growshopfrank

Veteran
Two concerns about this first how well do you think a GPS works from inside a steel box (kinda hard to hide a external antenna in a light kit) and second you would think that if one was smart enough to wire this up that you would make sure it works before sending it out because the last thing you want is someone taking it apart to see what the problem is

zbenjii

@growshopfrank

GPS works from your car and it's a metal box. I've had my GPS unit catch a signal at home plenty of times.

I think it didn't work because the outlet he was plugging it into was the wrong voltage.

D

Duplicate

Two concerns about this first how well do you think a GPS works from inside a steel box (kinda hard to hide a external antenna in a light kit) ...

...an insulated wire went through the bottom of the base of the ballast and was looped around the base and attached with silicone in a very unsuspicious way.