What's new

Buying a house in a depressed area?

I just bought 80 acres with a 2153 sq ft 4 bed 3 bath 4 yr old house with 2 stall attached garage a 35 by 80 ft pole shed in southern co. for 100k. With all new appliances . All I have to do is move my stuff in and will be by July. I am retired so no need to drive to work and plan on raising a few head of beef and some chickens along with fruit trees and a veggie garden. Bought the ol lady a new pressure cooker and looking at dehydrators . Fuck paying whore house prices for food.
Way too much specific information, sir.

I myself, any licensed realtor, and certainly any LEO could find out your name and address in five minutes. Probably more like three.

Unless you made up the details. If so, my apologies.

As someone who lived in the shittest part of Detroit: don't buy a house there. Ostensibly, houses in rich suburbs are not ideal because of cost and nosey neighbors. But consider this: my neighbors were the nosiest motherfuckers in the world. Everyone knows your business, and everyone knows when you come and go. There is no privacy in places like that, so you'll quickly be fingered as doing something fishy. All it takes is a few dudes poking around the property to figure out what you're doing, and rip your shit.

My advice? Buy property out in the middle of nowhere MI. Michigan has lots of wide open spaces with power hookups and run down houses. Just buy one of those instead. You'll never see your neighbors and nobody gives a shit what you do.

Well said. The only problem I see with this advice is that once you get your safe house, your privacy, and your successful harvest, you have to live in fucking Michigan.

:)

(I kid) (but not really)

Latest posts

Latest posts