What's new

Buyer Beware!

Duckmang

What you may think dispensaries are selling to you isn't likely what it is being represented as. A recent experience really exemplifies the fact that few dispensaries are trustworthy.

I was in a dispensary a couple of days ago with a friend. That friend is also a patient/ caregiver/ amateur cannabis breeder. This friend has created a couple of really awesome clone only elite strains, one of which has started to gain notariety recently. I'm not going to name this "strain" here in the forums but suffice to say the breeder gave it an intriguing and attractive name. Well, what did this dispensary have one of it's jars labeled as? You guessed it, my friends personally created clone only strain. In the disp.'s defence it was spelled incorrectly, but given that this name is actually two words it was obvious that they were trying to bite my friends style.

My friend has told me that in addition to myself, only two disp. and one other private grower have ever gotten their hands on this clone. Yet here was a jar labeled as such. We asked the disp owner if we could inspect that specific jar which he did. We pulled out a bud and inspected it closely. It was some hay smelling generic crap weed. The real version of this strain has a very unmistakeable smell, and a somewhat unusual appearance. Instead of calling him right out, my frind proceeded to ask questions about the strain. The disp. owner went on to tell us it was an indica dominant plant. Well actually it is what I would call a 60/40 leaning in favor of sativa. It was at this point that the disp. owner was informed that this crap weed was most certainly NOT the strain in question. He looked a bit dumbfounded unsure if we were trying to just act like know-it-alls or ? My friend went on to explain that the strain in question was actually the result of his past couple years work and was only named as such about 4 months ago. It was then that the douchebag stumbled over his words and claimed that it was the grower that had misrepresented it to him. Well we wern't looking for a fight so my friend told him that if a grower truly misrepresented that crap as the strain in question, then he had dishonoured him and that he should think twice before dealing with said grower again.

So again I will braodcast my warning... Buyer Beware! The next time you are in a disp, don't take their word that the high dollar elite they are trying to sell you is what it is represented as.

I purchase my weed based on quality as determined by it's look and smell... strain names are cool and all but when it comes down to it, the weed I purchase from dispensaries is based on my personal assessment of quality...not by the name on the jar.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Damn bro this is news to you lol lol

Damn bro this is news to you lol lol

Sorry but ever since the clubs here have opened they have played that game!!! As far as names I don't know if here in Canada we are as hung up on the names as you guys are for just this reason. Clubs sell whatever they get their hands on and they put whatever name is popular that month on the label ..lol..It's always buyer beware unforunately... peace out Headband707:tiphat:

Ms_Weekend

I understand it hits you in different way because you have a connection to the strain, but this has been happening from the beginning.......& if he gave the strain out to 2 disp, then it could be in 50 peoples hands by now.......just like the golden goat....ive seen probably 5 different looking/smelling golden goats.......doesnt mean they are all different cuts, just different growers, lights, styles, nutes, medium, fuck ups, & so forth....

Duckmang

The two disp. that had access to the cuts were also friends within my friends circle and wouldn't be passing his work around without at least telling him.. The other private grower was allowed by one of those disp. and condoned by the originator. I don't think he'd have been nearly as cheesed off if it had actually been what it was being advertised as. It not like he doesn't want people growing it, it's some really great stuff. What he doesn't want is for some douchebag to demean his work by passing some cut rate crap as the genuine article. It's funny you mention the golden goat. The "goat" is probably one of the closest strains in terms of smell and taste too my buddies efforts as I've sampled to date.