What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's '06 Garden and Tilted Outdoor SCROG

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Butte said:
Well, it's less the yellowing than the leaf curl and burning that is an indicator for me. That picture was shot back on the 12th of July. While I was gone my wife watered some plants I was revegging with the well water (versus the stream water I’ve been using) and, with only two waterings, I came home to this:

So, I’m still searching for answers...

Jayroach - who knows? :chin:

Oh, my bad, it is indeed a problem if those pics were from July, sorry.

Was this from a plant that is in a planter? If so, I would agree that it is a salt buildup most likely. I could see how they would build up even in a large planter due to the fact is it still a confined space.

Its still a awesome grow, thats gonna be a fine harvest no doubt!!

wikidcalibudgrl

Originally Posted by Saabotage
:) He gave you a HUGE hint of the state he lives in.

I love Fat Tire!!!

I wish they would distribute it south!

P.S. the Fat Tire made me smile! It is a damned good beer!

........ LOL so is Lambic Peache!

Hell,, it's not ONLY available in 1 state man,,,, I aint in Colorado,, and i love Fat Tire too :tongue:

Butte

Veteran
So, if TDS is the problem (likely), is the only solution RO'd water? Right now I haul 250+ gallons of water several times a week from a friends stream/ river.

Also, salt buildup would seem to indicate a problem that would prgressively get worse, not one that would hit within two waterings. Those Kush plants looked goo before I left. BC, they are in 1.5 gallon containers so that I could move them easily...

Ahhh, the Fat Tire. As a one-time Colorado boy I grew to love the bikey-brew and was delighted when our local distributer started carrying it out here in sunny California! :yummy: :woohoo: :yummy:

More on the Train Wreck'ed I found later...

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Maybe they got a bad dose of one of the ferts, hard to tell!

I could tell you were on the west coast by your strains, California would have been my 2nd guess, due the T.W. My buddy just brought me a 1/8th up from the Bay 2 days ago, very nice stuff!

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you carry 250 gallons a week for your ladies. they must love you very much, although i see myself doing the same shit lol.

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Why did yall keep guessin? Just read the thread from the start man...

Butte

Veteran
Train Wreck'd

Train Wreck'd

Well, the pictures pretty much speak for themselves. A little quick action and the help of a friend and she's all right. Bounced back just fine.

- Butte

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Butte said:
Hell all

.........the first thing you'll probably notice is the tilted outdoor SCROG; I'm calling it TSCROG for short. The idea is to combine the benefits of scrogg'ing with the efficiency you see with the tilted orientation of solar panels and the cranking power of the California sun. By the end of the season, all of the colas should get the same full sun; no shade. Also.........
- Butte
Yep! There it is! Sorry Butte, I always hated it on OG when folks didn't take their time to read my opening paragraph real good.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great garden, Butte. Sorry to hear about the break on the trainwreck. If its still connected, it should do fine. If you live near a desert area, its likely salt in the well water is the reason it burned your plants. Wish you luck the rest of bloom.

Butte

Veteran
This week saw a County sponsored garden tour at our location, and a refreshing response from the responding officer. After verifying compliance, he shot a couple photos of the garden and left with a smile. If you’re in a legitimate need for your 215 and you follow the rules, you’re fine; California is truly a promised land.

First off is the RM TSCROG. This project is working out in a 50/50 fashion. Given the right strain, this technique is working exactly as I hoped. The light penetration is complete from the front to the back and all the way down to the screen. However, the Romulan just isn’t spreading the way I would have hoped. It will still be a nice yielder, but nothing like the RM.

And a shot of the Main Garden. As always, it’s tough to get much in the frame...

A row of Snowcap

...and a close-up of the Snowcap

Purple Kush and Purple Urples

Happy growing everyone - Butte

G

Butte said:
This week saw a County sponsored garden tour at our location, and a refreshing response from the responding officer. After verifying compliance, he shot a couple photos of the garden and left with a smile. If you’re in a legitimate need for your 215 and you follow the rules, you’re fine; California is truly a promised land.

So Awesome Glad to hear it.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thanks so much for sharing and giving us all these great techniques to learn from....Great photos of an incredible garden...! Good luck and keep up the good work!

O

OG Royal Grower

Mad props man, i can't wait till next year so i can try that out.
I wish i knew what these were so i could try them out too... :joint:

T

theBluntedOne

wow, nice garden, very impressive, i am glad we live ina place lik ecalifornia as well. It truly is great. I wish i could post a pic, but alas no camera, i got A giant Kashmirian Resin Factory and aslo some shiva skuns and some amazing colombian gold...peace

Butte

Veteran
Hello all

Beautiful days ahead as this year’s harvest is about to begin. :woohoo:

Just returned from the last quick vacation of the season and things have progressed nicely since I left. The PKm is going to be ready in a day or two and one of the NorthernWrecks out in the L3 is ready. Today was spent field trimming major fan leaves and setting up the drying rack.

One surprise was finding borer beetles in a couple of plants I had intended to re-veg. They’ve been in 15 gallon containers for the season and I think they’ve been more susceptible to the vagaries of my well water. Check it out…

Borer Beetle Damage

The obligatory main garden shot

…but, really, the fun part about this time of year are the BUDSHOTS!

PKm

…and a Northern Wreck

Happy growing everyone - Butte

wikidcalibudgrl

OMG Butte!! :yoinks: I see a POTM in those shots for sure!! :woohoo: They're gorgous!!! WTG!

Unfortunately, we had CAMP flyin over our area all morning,,,with so many trees i can't be Sure, but i think I saw a bunch of plants in one fly over :badday: I just hope my buddies weren't among the fallen.....

Again,, VERY nice job Butte :wink:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol i bet almost all of those pics will be nom for potm, ppl nom almot every pic in every thread. that first one of the pkm though is deff potm quality. hopin this was a good season for ya.