What's new

Butte County Ca. Growers ordinance on HOLD!!!

G

guest8905

thank god we are in the mountains...i seriously doubt this will pass. butte countys very foundation is the marijuana market...evvvvvverybody who isnt some old retiree is involved in the game up there..

il be spreading awareness about this to all my people...

I would have to disagree. Much of it is based on cannabis, but a large majority is based on harder drugs like meth. IMo of course.

Lots of so called 'growers' only went to cannabis during the boom the last ten years or so. I am certain many of them are going back to harder stuff b/c they are not making as much money as easily as they planned with cannabis. Better for us though, move the meth heads out of cannabis!

MrBlue2

34A passed. Let me find another thread on it, but it passed last year IIRC. Uh, yeah, almost a year ago it passed, according to the signed page (page 40) of this document.

Yes it did pass but according to california state law any ordinance can be petitioned.

"Butte County activists submitted 12,308 signatures on a referendum petition to suspend the county's controversial medical marijuana ordinance, which sharply limits patients' right to grow their own medicine. The ordinance is now officially suspended for 30 days pending validation of the signatures. If, as seems likely, at least 7,600 are valid, the ordinance will remain suspended until it can be voted on in the June 5th election."

this is why its so important for people in butte county to get out and vote on June 5th.

S

SeaMaiden

I wish I had as much confidence in the people of my county to go after our ordinance. I hate the "I wish" statements, but this time, tis true.

In any event, my response was in response to someone who said the ordinance would never pass.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so june 5th is the big vote.....what are the required things to vote in butte county since im registered in san francisco county but have an address up in butte...is the city of Chico involved in this as well we gotta get all the college kids to come out support...free joints for all who vote.

monkey5

Veteran
That is what I am talking about!!

That is what I am talking about!!

so june 5th is the big vote.....what are the required things to vote in butte county since im registered in san francisco county but have an address up in butte...is the city of Chico involved in this as well we gotta get all the college kids to come out support...free joints for all who vote.

Yes4Prop215, That is what I am talking about!! Get them out to vote brother!! Yes! monkey5

MrBlue2

I wish I had as much confidence in the people of my county to go after our ordinance. I hate the "I wish" statements, but this time, tis true.

In any event, my response was in response to someone who said the ordinance would never pass.

you might be surprised at the lack of support thats required to get an ordinance postponed. In butte county they were required to get 7600 registered voters to sign the petition. I think that the 7600 number is a percentage based on the number of registered voters in butte county. I know that in smaller counties they are required to get far less signatures. My buddy talked to the guy from the yuba county growers association about filing a petition on the ordinance that just passed there and they are only required to collect 2000 signatures. you should look into how many signatures are required to petition your ordinace i know that yuba county has almost twice as many people as Amador county. you never know, your wish may be more attainable then you think.

And yeah, i didn't realize until after i had posted that you were responding to another post. sorry if it came off harsh sounding.

@yes4prop215- I think all you have to do to get registered in butte county is fill out a voter registration form with a butte county address on it. you may have to change your place of residence with the DMV but im pretty sure you can claim residence without officially changing it. Im not sure. But i do know that the last day to register for the june 5th vote is May 25th.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
...is the city of Chico involved in this as well we gotta get all the college kids to come out support...free joints for all who vote.

Y4..good luck and great idea..you get those college kids to the polls and you'll blow them away. DD

G

Goldminer

Too bad the Pres. for the YCGA is only looking after himself, and did nothing to really help the patients who needed a voice, only his interests are being considered, and he has stated that in so many words.......he is a commercial grower using the collective defense to shield him and that is now in jeopardy so he has involved garden shops and set up donation booths at events to pay for lawyers to file an injunction, again good intentions but not for the better of the patient, just the lining of his pocket..................BUT this is all crumbs in a large bowl of bad being presented to all of us, patient or recreational users alike are being subjected to the ills of our supposed elected officials, guess what? time to vote them all out and let OUR voices really be heard!!!
And sorry but Im an ass and think and believe nothing will ever be good in any state until we can make our government realize cannabis is useful as many have proven year after year, and we change federal laws not state!!!!!!

Problem is that Chico state gets out may twenty something and a lot of students leave ASAP. This is why the DA feels better with the June primary rather than November. I still believe it will get nixed, but butte county folks MUST VOTE!!!

MrBlue2

A bill board courtesy of the No campaign. I hear granny grows some killer OG. LOL!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• save butte growers rights.jpg
    save butte growers rights.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 11

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sucks to hear most of the kids are leaving may20...of course the DA probably took that into consideration.

wish i could vote on this..but for security reasons i cant declare an address in butte county...as far as the guvvment is concerned im just a city dwelling folk...

Good news the Chicoer newspaper is saying that the restrictive mmj ordinance got shot down!!!!!!!! I hope this da Ramsey gets a clue now!!! But he most likely won't. The county supervises though will defiantly have to calm down and come back to reality.