What's new

Butane honey oil for dummies

mad librettist

Veteran
Pineolene has made no secret who he is.

The organic heads have changed his sig line to "wize up", which is "rize up" in baby talk. We feel it more precisely captures his ethos.

He has violated TOU recently by posting in threads already frequented by his banned aliases. Why he is allowed to return, I do not know.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
just being a previously banned member is not reason enough for banning most of the time. ie site policy is to give them a new chance in most cases. i would also say in all fairness only posting with 2 active handles in the same thread is against the tou, although that one leaves room for interpretation.

edited to add:

having said the above i do think it's time for this thread to get back on track, pics of bho and tips related to making it safely and cleanly... more pics then talk pls lol. just kidding. i do think it's cool how folks are staying civil even in their disagreement. in the end it all brings more info to the table, the main things is to do it in a civil manner. it's when insults are added that offense is caused.

i only went back 5 pages, if anyone feels there is a post that needs particular attention to keep this thread going in the spirit it has been, just report it.

peace

Last edited:
P

pineolene

LOL @ my haters. Sheesh, if you delete the multiple posts that are solely about me this thread would have been on topic all along.

Mad: go take your crazy pills and get off my dick... as usual. Did you only post here to talk shit? Way to contribute to the thread... fail.

Tickleme: same as for mad. Way to contribute something positive to the thread. fail. Haters gonna hate!!!

As Gaiu said: more info on the table is a good thing. Keeping the bho explosions that happen almost every week secret does not help anyone. This is one of the reasons why I go around telling the truth about the potentially deadly risk of making bho. The other reason is that bhotards may mess up 215 and the legal status of making ice water hash. (as I showed earlier in this thread, making ice water hash is legal under 215 while bho is a felony)

BUTTE COUNTY— Four people are in police custody accused of cultivating hundreds of marijuana plants, selling the drug, and manufacturing butane honey oil.

Tuesday, Butte County Sheriff's agents served search warrants in the Bangor area, and nearby in Yuba County. Bangor is about 25 miles northeast of Yuba City. They found one of the largest butane honey oil/hash oil labs in their history, more than 200 marijuana plants, hundreds of pounds of processed marijuana and almost half a million dollars in cash.

Arrested were Elliott Akers and Cory Carter of Bangor, and Daniel Almendarez and Clarence Roberts of Texas. During the investigation, detectives learned all four men are from Texas, and moved to California for the purpose of taking advantage of the state's proposition 215 in order to make money selling marijuana and honey oil.

Proposition 215 is the measure allowing Californians to use marijuana for medical reasons with a doctor's recommendation.

Butane honey oil, or hash oil, is extracted from marijuana plants using butane. This process of making the drug is dangerous, explosions are likely as the butane evaporates.

All four are in jail and face charges of cultivating marijuana, drug sales, manufacturing a controlled substance, and committing a felony.
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-4-arrested-in-hash-oil-marijuana-bust-20110303,0,2500630.story

Here is a few more bhotard incidents, including some deaths. There are way too many to post but you all get the idea. bho goes boom frequently.
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/apr/03/marijuana-processing-causes-explosion-in-ventura/
teen dies in hash oil explosion
http://www.scribd.com/doc/32026124/Butane-Hash-Oil-Explosion-Moses-Lake-Wa
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-possible-drug-lab-explosion-in-120410,0,5026935.story
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158280
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-hasexplosion-121309,0,6515531.story
http://stash.norml.org/hotel-explosion-exposes-danger-of-solvent-based-marijuana-hashish-extraction

Can we get back to ranking the canned gas mixtures in order of quality for bho?

LoSwaga

I would guesstimate that I've run at least 3 or 400 lbs of material, mostly buds, into BHO/acetone/QWISO over the years. Two to three times a day, every day of the week for months at a time... Mostly BHO...in all those years, never had a single issue other than one time that I tried to flame purge a bit early and ended up with a blue column of flame on my back porch. There are safer methods by which one can end up with great concentrates, but to imply that making BHO correctly is so dangerous that it shouldn't be done at all is kinda disingenuous. Just my $.02, I missed a lot of this tired old argument.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How about you give that a try then tell us how you failed afterwards. I love how you make it sound easy then say 'but I can't because of money" I call bullshit, you cannot because ....well you can't. Otherwise a lot of other people would already be selling the pure. Not every person can get a license to fill and distribute canisters of explosive gasses.

This thread is about making BHO correctly and safely. If you are not going to contribute to that discussion why are you here. BHO does not blow up peoples houses. Its the person not running his shit safe period that is a fact.

you don't need to be a dick about the questions I ask. Like I said if I had the resources to get pure tane and can it I would make it available to anyone that wanted it. WTF do you have a issue with improving BHO. Seems to me you don't like the product. Are you and Pine the same person spewing hate. It only takes 1 person to get the ball roling. Why dont you take on that roll since it really bothers you.

Show some BHO pics or give some info on how to get pure tane yada yada if you cant do that then why are you both here. I dont see any contribution to the thread from Iether of you. I have said it from the beging im not the expert here. I Know bullshit when I see it and its hip deep with it in here.

Im done with both of you Ignore list is now on

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
May I suggest you read back and see why that is invalid as a source for the characteristics of butane.

Or do you feel you are exempt from reading the comments before posting a reply?

[/quote]Originally Posted by Tokingham
Could you please not be so sensitive?

FACT: Butane has no smell or color.

I do not care if you disagree, it is a fact buddy.

When I smell butane it is from something they add for smell. end of story.[/quote]

May I suggest that you start by at least reading what you wrote your self and try your best to stay focused?

The important question is do you have the balls to read the MSDS and admit to this forum that butane smells like petroleum and you are wrong?

If not, why not?

Besides the folks on this thread that know from practical experience, everyone else that just read the MSDS knows without a shadow of a doubt that you are in error. If you can't even admit in the face of irrefutable evidence, how do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously?

Tokingham

One aspect of making BHO is purity. So smelling agents can ad health hazards. So this IS about making the scene better and if you cannot understand that then do not blame me for your inability to think reasonably.

Nice false authority btw.

If telling the truth about something makes me a dick then call me John Holmes.

J

juicepuddle

One aspect of making BHO is purity. So smelling agents can ad health hazards. So this IS about making the scene better and if you cannot understand that then do not blame me for your inability to think reasonably.

How many times do we have to repeat this info? This is already in the thread, we know that they add stuff for odor, WE KNOW, your not bringing anything new, just complaining and bickering. YAWN

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I didn't think you were mature enough, or enough of a man to admit your error in the face of irrefutable evidence.

I rest my case and join in the laughter!

Tokingham

How many times do we have to repeat this info? This is already in the thread, we know that they add stuff for odor, WE KNOW, your not bringing anything new, just complaining and bickering. YAWN

Looks like you guys cannot make up your mind.

Is it the mercaptans or is it the butane that gives off the smell of our store bought butane? lol.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I agree with your sentiment JP, but want to make it clear that Ethyl Mercaps are not added to all butane and are not present in the lighter butane that we use, regardless of what Tokingham continues to propound and provide zero proof for.

Clearly he has demonstrated by his not admitting that butane has a petroleum smell and taste, with the MSDS in front of him, that he has zero honor and his words have zero worth.

He would have you believe that a substance detectable at 1.1 to 2.8 parts per billionth are present in a substance, just because he says so, while providing zero proof they are and demanding proof that they are not.

He skims over the part that they are detectable at about 2500 times less than the TLV levels where they present a health concern, but taste like rotten eggs.

Keep in mind that none of the other experienced oil extractors on this thread have ever detected the alleged mercaps, nor have any of the test panel members tasting our BHO extracts detected them.

Also keep in perspective this is the person with that can't detect the smell of petroleum, tell the petroleum smell from mercaps, or admit that he is wrong.

Although Tokingham continues to insist any number of miraculous things, it would take a zombie to miss methyl mercaps in the butane that we use and since hundreds of test panel members say there is no ethyl mercaptan odor, who do you believe and how can anyone place any value on Tokingham's suppositions, given his demonstrated lack of veracity and immaturity?

Tokingham

I agree with your sentiment JP, but want to make it clear that Ethyl Mercaps are not added to all butane and are not present in the lighter butane that we use, regardless of what Tokingham continues to propound and provide zero proof for.

Clearly he has demonstrated by his not admitting that butane has a petroleum smell and taste, with the MSDS in front of him, that he has zero honor and his words have zero worth.

Although Tokingham continues to insist any number of miraculous things, it would take a zombie to miss methyl mercaps in the butane that we use and since hundreds of test panel members say there is no ethyl mercaptan odor, who do you believe and how can anyone place any value on Tokingham's suppositions, given his demonstrated lack of veracity and immaturity?

i have provided proof but you choose to ignore it like an asshole.

Mercaptans do not need to be reported in msds if it is an impurity of the butane. Get it?

I also provided the link to show you the butane is orderless unless smelling agents added.

soo....who is immature?