What's new

Butane honey oil for dummies

J

juicepuddle

But I find my "ice wax", or as nikka T calls it "solventless wax", to be a similar smoking experience to bho. They both melt and leave little to zero ash, and both coat your mouth in flavor. Dabs, thats the purpose. I make ice water hash to dab like bho.

I must say that these hashes leave just as much residue as any well made hash even hashes that do not bubble leave the same residue as your "ice wax"(I am not sure if I should use the quotes, you did so I thought it was right).

I am not saying your method cannot produce hash that leaves very little to zero ash, I am just saying you need very very good starting material to get that, yet you can spray an ounce of mediocre bud and get BHO that will be very potent and act the same way a high grade batch would on the hot Ti.

It seems you really want to ignore anything positive about bho XD
I myself haven't used BHO in many months and am enjoying the break but am starting to get the same old issues I had from it before. My lungs are more ripped up feeling, more coughing, and I just felt so much better with BHO.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay, lots here and I don't want to miss anything...

Comparing apples to an orchard of orange trees ey? lol @ all water vs bho. That comparison fails so hard. BHO vs Ice water extract is the comparison. If we compared water borne pathogens to all flammable gas deaths that might be not so laughable, but that is not the issue at all is it? The safety winner is clear. Don't make me start posting pics of melted bhotard hands.

And thats where I come in to rize up the ice water hash makers.

Water and agitation washes them away, this is based on my actual microscope work and hi-def pics. Mold spores are everywhere homie, in the air you are breathing right now. Botrytis is something else than this, so is PM, and I don't work with damaged material. As I've stated, drying ice water hash is just a misunderstood step that I actively work to correct.

Difference being folks are dying from bho blasting, and not dying from smoking moldy ice water hash. Do you see that? If you mess with bho you can die, loose your house, have your kids put into foster care, blow your hands and face off, and all this has happened this year. If you mess with water hash you can get sick worst case I've found. Prove me wrong, I document bho deaths for fun. Find me a ice water hash death and I'll get you a hashmasta kut curve from aqualab, for real. that's just to GW...

Of course. Some of the most well known hash makers in cali are myself and vernon phillips. His cup winning Mars OG bho tests around 55% THC. All of my ice water extracts test about 50%, you can read this in Kush magazine go to page 46, or I can upload some lab results as .jpg files. They've been posted here before, but that caused some haters to do what they do. ie my blackberry kush tested over 52% when I first joined over a year ago.

Dissolved resin vs intact resin gland heads. There is the one major difference between tane and ice water extract. Yes, generally bho tests higher than ice water extracts. But I find my "ice wax", or as nikka T calls it "solventless wax", to be a similar smoking experience to bho. They both melt and leave little to zero ash, and both coat your mouth in flavor. Dabs, thats the purpose. I make ice water hash to dab like bho.

no spores or bacteria unless it finds its way in from the environment after processing. unless there is mold spores (most of which are harmless just throwing that in for sanity's sake) inside my trichomes... my extract is literally washed clean. all that work just to breathe PM spores with every breath... I know, i'm right there with you, its grape harvest time. good thing I'm an organic grower and I love microbes and fungi. :)

they already deleted my hash thread... this ain't my first rodeo. as I was saying earlier, I jar my hash <2 days after extraction. It would mold or mildew if still wet and if spores where present. The patients have not reported any mold or mildew. Just outstanding results. Drying water hash so simple really. No vac purge or any of that. Check my 5 star reviews on weedmaps at southbay CRC in San Jose. The proof would be in the pudding (pics + lab test + patient reviews) or so they say. southbay CRC review on weedmaps

thread derail over... sorry about that.

Actually I would suggest that you started the apples and oranges discussion when you switched it from BHO to water hash. You are not in Kansas any more bro!

I also notice how casually you dismiss the about 5,430,000 folks that die per year from water borne diseases, while pointing to the BHO deaths by bone head acts. Might I ask who is deader and point out that some of the death by water folks were not bone heads but just unlucky folks?

"Don't make me" sounds like a threat brother PL, which I always call just for shits and giggles. If you have more than 5,430,000 BHO deaths in the complete history of BHO, now would be the time to flop them on the table so as to carry the day.

I challenge your assumption that you washed the mold spores and bacteria away from the hash. If so you have indeed accomplished a miracle and should patent your process. I predict that Hospitals everywhere will be scrambling to better understand your water wash techniques for sterilization.

Thanks for the test numbers and for putting in prospective that you consider ~50% an impressive number. Please understand that in a BHO forum, that is not an impressive number and forgive me for not saluting it.

Ah, you personally consider your Hash a similar smoking experience to BHO, but I fail to address the sublingual, topical, and suppository applications. Unless you plan to return with that information, you just eliminated the majority of our patients. Do you have suggestions for them, or shall we just toss them aside?

Solly brother PL, your arguments haven't convinced me. Instead they have reinforced my growing suspicion that we have discussed this before more than once under a different name for you.

I like bubble hash too, but don't see how it can possibly replace solvent extracts for producing the medications that I have outlined. If you do, now would be the time to present those arguments, instead of conveniently ignoring and glossing over them

P

pineolene

Actually I would suggest that you started the apples and oranges discussion when you switched it from BHO to water hash. You are not in Kansas any more bro!

I also notice how casually you dismiss the about 5,430,000 folks that die per year from water borne diseases, while pointing to the BHO deaths by bone head acts. Might I ask who is deader and point out that some of the death by water folks were not bone heads but just unlucky folks?

"Don't make me" sounds like a threat brother PL, which I always call just for shits and giggles. If you have more than 5,430,000 BHO deaths in the complete history of BHO, now would be the time to flop them on the table so as to carry the day.

I challenge your assumption that you washed the mold spores and bacteria away from the hash. If so you have indeed accomplished a miracle and should patent your process. I predict that Hospitals everywhere will be scrambling to better understand your water wash techniques for sterilization.

Thanks for the test numbers and for putting in prospective that you consider ~50% an impressive number. Please understand that in a BHO forum, that is not an impressive number and forgive me for not saluting it.

Ah, you personally consider your Hash a similar smoking experience to BHO, but I fail to address the sublingual, topical, and suppository applications. Unless you plan to return with that information, you just eliminated the majority of our patients. Do you have suggestions for them, or shall we just toss them aside?

Solly brother PL, your arguments haven't convinced me. Instead they have reinforced my growing suspicion that we have discussed this before more than once under a different name for you.

I like bubble hash too, but don't see how it can possibly replace solvent extracts for producing the medications that I have outlined. If you do, now would be the time to present those arguments, instead of conveniently ignoring and glossing over them

I love the way you write. So yes, I don't even consider other applications... I make hash for the Ti crowd plain and simple. Your comparison still fails because of the apple v orchard nature of your comparison. You seemed to miss the real comparison here, again, so it must be intentional. Water borne pathogen deaths has nothing to do with water hash and I am still way on top for this one. Thats like saying all gas related deaths are bho deaths... duh... you must be smarter than this.
Like I said, find me an ice water hash death and thats a new hashmasta kut Ti piezo coming your way.... oh... you can't... because no one dies from dry screen or water hash. hmmmmmm....... :tiphat:

Here's a good one from Russ Bellville:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGB1L1b_z_A

Here's a recent bhotard dlsaster:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/moorpark-explosion-suburb_n_873993.html

In reference to the medicine you make (non-smoking) and you patients, simply for the sake of argument, I would be using dewaxed dry screen or ice water hash. It's the canned gases that are dangerous. A quick 99% iso or ethanol wash on physical extracts makes shatter really easy and no butane (which goes boom). Thats what I use to make other applications, I also employ a carbon filter in this dewax step. I'll post the schematics if you like. I also assume you know about organic ethanol from alchemical solutions so I wont link that.

To quote the video: "We've given prohibitionists something that looks like opium, uses a crack torch, and blows up like meth labs"

Recently this fool blew up his motel with his 2 year old in the other room. Its time to ban the cans and force bhotards to use n-butane from airgas. Go tami or go home, open blasting will never be okay.

jump117

Veteran

Apache123

Has anyone used this type of Butane? Cheers,

070042200454.jpg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love the way you write. So yes, I don't even consider other applications... I make hash for the Ti crowd plain and simple. .

Thank you bro! Your confirmation makes my day! I rest my case!

Of course you don't consider anything outside your own small circle, so I must accept your definition of simple. Very close to my own definition of simple minded, so perhaps we do agree.

Might I note that I suggested that your single minded was the underlying issue, compared to the larger picture and always appreciate confirmation? Maybe we are closer in thought than I initially thought.............

PS: I believe we have met before under your different name

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
It is terrible.
Both here and always in such cases, it is clear that it is not by chance but was the result of gross violations of well-known simple safety rules.
Look how they do it

very similar to the many auto deaths from driving too fast. if you are nuts, there is always a risk. some things are riskier than others for sure. it seems pineolene came in this thread mainly just to be negative and superior, thats what rubs some the wrong way. he doesnt even make oil it sounds like. we dont bash the hash guys, i wonder why they always come to bash others preferences, does the hash make them agro?

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I knew there was a reason I was ignoring this thread for a bit. Glad I didn't waste my time reading the same old butane bashing. People are such idiots.

Tokingham

lol, I found the same info for butane and its not any better than what pineolene posted about hexane. In fact you can get frost bite from butane...if you are an idiot. The dangers they both have are only dangerous to you if you are stupid and do not handle it correctly.

I also decided to try hexane for purity issues, not toxicity issues because I do safe extractions outside. No inhaling or exploding.
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...8fLSHf&sig=AHIEtbT1jps-D3yfkvTIyjN80gDlA5ZTbQ

Hexane also has its downsides:

* NIOSH REL

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has established a recommended exposure limit (REL) for n-hexane of 50 ppm (180 mg/m(3)) as a TWA for up to a 10-hour workday and a 40-hour workweek [NIOSH 1992].

* ACGIH TLV

The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) has assigned n-hexane a threshold limit value (TLV) of 50 ppm (176 mg/m(3)) as a TWA for a normal 8-hour workday and a 40-hour workweek [ACGIH 1994, p. 23].

* Rationale for Limits

The NIOSH limit is based on the risk of skin and nervous system effects [NIOSH 1992].

The ACGIH limit is based on the risk of nervous system effects [ACGIH 1991, p. 754].

HEALTH HAZARD INFORMATION

* Routes of Exposure

Exposure to n-hexane can occur through inhalation, ingestion, and eye or skin contact [Sittig 1991, p. 889].

* Summary of toxicology

1. Effects on Animals: n-Hexane is a neurotoxin, a narcotic, and an irritant of the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes [Hathaway et al. 1991]. n-Hexane also causes productive and embryotoxic effects and is cytotoxic in mammalian and human test systems [NIOSH 1991]. The oral LD(50) in rats is 28,710 mg/kg, and the lowest lethal concentration in mice is 120 g/m(3) [NIOSH 1991]. Mice exposed to concentrations ranging from 1,000 to 2,000 ppm 24 hours/day for 6 days/week for 1 year developed atrophy and degeneration of hind leg muscle fibers [NLM 1992]. Mice exposed to 2,500 to 3,000 ppm n-hexane for 4 days developed liver enlargement within 24 hours of exposure onset [NLM 1992]. Rabbits exposed by inhalation to 3,000 ppm 8 hours/day for 8 days showed changes in the lungs, emphysema, necrosis of the bronchial epithelium, and atelectasis [NLM 1992]. Rats continuously exposed to 400 ppm developed anoxapathy, although intermittent exposure to 10,000 ppm 6 hours/day, 5 days/week for 13 weeks caused only mild paranodol axonal swelling [Hathaway et al. 1991]. The offspring of rats and mice exposed orally or by inhalation to n-hexane during gestation showed depressed weight gain after birth [Hathaway et al. 1991]. This agent also affects male and female reproductive capacity [Amdur 1991].

2. Effects on Humans: n-Hexane is a narcotic agent; an irritant to the eyes, upper respiratory tract, and skin; and a neurotoxin. Exposure of humans to 5,000 ppm n-hexane for 10 minutes causes marked vertigo; exposure to 1,500 ppm results in headache and slight nausea [Hathaway et al. 1991; Clayton and Clayton 1982]. In industrial settings, exposure to levels exceeding 1,000 ppm have been reported to cause mild symptoms of narcosis [Hathaway et al. 1991]. Eye and upper respiratory tract irritation has been reported to occur in humans exposed to 880 ppm n-hexane for 15 minutes [Clayton and Clayton 1982]. Dermal contact with n-hexane results in immediate irritation characterized by erythema and hyperemia; exposed subjects developed blisters 5 hours following dermal exposure to n-hexane [Hathaway et al. 1991]. The neuropathic toxicity of n-n-hexane in humans is well documented; cases of polyneuropathy have typically occurred in humans chronically exposed to levels of n-hexane ranging from 400 to 600 ppm, with occasional exposures up to 2,500 ppm [Hathaway et al. 1991]. Distal symmetrical motor weakness is common in most cases; however, in severely affected individuals, motor weakness may extend to the pelvic and high musculature [Rom 1992]. Nerve biopsies in affected individuals show swelling of the nerve and thinning of the myelin sheath. Functional neurological disturbances usually progress for a few months after termination of exposure. Although recovery is expected to occur within a year, clinical polyneuropathy has been reported in some cases to remain after 2 years [Hathaway et al. 1991]. Blurred vision, restricted visual field, and optic nerve atrophy has been reported to occur in association with n-hexane-induced polyneuropathy. Twelve of 15 individuals working with hexane for 12 years were found to have abnormal color discrimination [Grant 1986].

* Signs and symptoms of exposure

1. Acute exposure: Acute exposure to n-hexane may cause dizziness, confusion, nausea, headache, and irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and skin [Hathaway et al. 1991].

2. Chronic exposure: Long-term exposure to n-hexane may cause disturbances in sensation, muscle weakness, and distal symmetric pain in the legs. Clinical changes include muscle atrophy, decreased muscle strength, footdrop, numbness, prickling, and a tingling sensation in the arms and legs. Neurological investigations reveal decreased motor nerve conduction, neurogenic damage and swelling of peripheral nerves with thinning of the myelin sheath. These symptoms may get worse for 2 to 3 months after cessation of exposure. Changes in vision may also be a symptom of chronic exposure to n-hexane [Hathaway et al. 1991].

P

pineolene

very similar to the many auto deaths from driving too fast. if you are nuts, there is always a risk. some things are riskier than others for sure. it seems pineolene came in this thread mainly just to be negative and superior, thats what rubs some the wrong way. he doesnt even make oil it sounds like. we dont bash the hash guys, i wonder why they always come to bash others preferences, does the hash make them agro?

You want the truth? Bhotards are going to eff up the legality/legitimacy of mmj concentrates all over. It's already happening. Yes I dab 'tane with the homies from hitman and steep hill. But no, I live in CA and making 'tane is a felony, so I don't blast anymore.

But don't get me wrong, go on and get your $ booboo. We all gotta hustle... its what we've been doing ever since.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess not theres just to much hate from you. Why dont you make your own thread about the pitfals of BHO and how much you love water trash.

LOL NICE EDIT. DONT TRY TO TURN IT ON ME YOU MADE THE COMMENT. All the hate is from you dude. one only needs to read what you posted. Have a good day.

Since im just a BHOTARD and YOUR a ASSHAT YOUR THE WINNER LOL

Last edited:
P

pineolene

I think we can leave it there... especially since I never called you a bhotard (unless you exploded your garage already, in which case if the cap fits)

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
You want the truth? Bho (edit :) ) is going to eff up the legality/legitimacy of mmj concentrates all over

but the ISO oil has been around for decades, and stories of people burning down buildings go way back, its nothing new really, its just a new wave.

Latest posts

Latest posts