What's new

Busted

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
don't discount the dea yet especially if the state isn't filing charges. 1200 is a serious number.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
god damn 1200 plants thats in the federal range for sure...they might be marinating charges against you.....the feds are deep in socal i heard alot of things recently down there...not surprised they tried to crack your cellphone which is why i never log into icmag on my phone....

1200 plants should be easy case for them...i keep hearing stories of collectives that grow for clubs that claim to have 15k patients and what not so they think that means they can grow thousands of plants....kind of over the top if you ask me makes you guys easy targets...regardless of state law any grow over 99 plants no matter how many patients, sq ft, properties is violating federal law..

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Totally sucks you got busted, did you have your paperwork on you when they pulled you over?

Let me get this straight, you were running a 140 light warehouse and are pissed off about your lost $150k in buildout costs, you still have all your equipment, and they aren't even filing charges.

I know its Cali in all, but I say you should be grateful, things could be much worse.

Hell I live in Cali too and I was thinking the same damn thing Sam.

Good luck bro, I know it cost you but I didn't read (yet) about any prison time?

I got done just over a month ago. Started new seeds the very next day. I know my situation and yours are very different but my attitude is 'fuck them' take me to court, slap me with your fines and whatnot. I haven't been pinned with convictions for cultivating as I have good legal representation-myself! but even so if I were I'd still do the same thing. My only regret is not hiding my genetics properly as they took the lot apart from some seeds I had sitting here and there and at my other grow... fucking assholes. I represented myself at court last time round (more than 6 years ago) and since it was less than 20 plants I told the truth, personal use, love growing, keeps me active etc. act slightly mad and I get a fine. Only problem is I don't know if I am acting a little mad infront of them or if I actually am mad when they aren't around??? seriously I question my sanity as nobody I know starts seeds the day after being done...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
If you were on the East Coast you'd have bail into the hundreds of thousands, everything taken as evidence, and looking at multiple felonies. Whatever money you have left get the best lawyer you can.

-Funk

RipVanWeed

Warrant Advice

Warrant Advice

My 20yr old son went to court yesterday for a traffic citation, while checking in with the Clerk she told him he has a warrant out on him for sales. How can I find out what the warrant is for?

He says he does not know what the charges are for. Claims that a friend was busted and they found texts about pot sales in his phone. Supposedly the cops used the text and phone # to peg my son.

I had my son call the Police Dept. that filed the charges, the woman on the phone said she would have the filing officer call him, nothing yet.

Attorney wants 3k to appear with him.

Does anyone know how to read a warrant, or at least find out what's going on, without appearing with a lawyer?

If the warrant/charges are serious, the lawyer gets hired. I just don't wanna drop 3k on warrant apperance, only to discover the situation is bogus and no charges were going to be filed.

Kid needs a lesson in real life, real bad. Wonder if letting him be booked and jailed, to learn the real story, would cost more in the long run?

I'm retired on a fixed income and coming up with the legal fees will be difficult.

Please advise.

Respect,

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Do not pay $3k just for one appearance, that is utter bullshit.

Wait until the officer calls you back with more information. In the meantime call other attorneys because that guy is clearly trying to rip you off.