What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted in Utah

So my Girlfriend's nephew got busted in Utah with 60 pounds in some small town south of Salt Lake City. I'm hearing all this second hand but word is that he was transporting it for someone else and was pulled over in a car and I guess they found it. That's all I know at this point, don't know if he consented to a search or if he got ratted out or what really went down. Dude lives in from South Carolina, but somehow all this went down in Utah. Anyone have any idea how screwed he is?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Damn!!!
How screwed? He is Lookin at the big 3. Long. Deep. N continuously!!!!

He needs to keep his mouth shut and get a great lawyer.

Good luck

Jhhnn

Veteran
Even here in CO, the Cops aren't friendly over 60 lbs of non-licensed weed.

He'll likely be doing some time unless the search can be shown to be illegal. That's a tough proposition, in general.

Better that it happened in Utah than in some other parts of the country. 5 yrs max is pretty mild in comparison.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
the boy and his spouse got pinched with just a little over an oz. felony charges on both of em. they were within a 1,000 of a church!
utah don't like the evil weed!

MIway

Veteran
i know a person that made that trip w a tray full of cuts... no jail, but it cost a bit to my understanding. need to call a local lawyer, get them some money & bail... then get them some more money, then wait, then get them some more money, wait some more... and maybe a final pay off.

on a plus, this happens dozens of times per year (maybe more) in utah... always been a trade route thru threre. just need to find the right lawyer... that and money... u can buy justice in america.

mowood3479

Veteran
yup, unless he can get the search tossed he is going to SERVE a nickel. Probably be in a fed prison tho... 60lbs is federal territory in utah.
I feel sorry for the guy, but that 5 years is exactly what anyone is risking driving wieght across the country.... especially in places like utah... my mom lives off I80 just outside of slc... everyday that ive been out there visiting Ive see the highway patrol taking down someone...
little hick town... one car pulled over... 8 cruisers and drug dogs all over. everyday.
they have the corridor of I80 on lock down... fuck i70 down by grand junction is probably worse, I just havent been down there in awhile...

mowood3479

Veteran
That Being said... the guy isnt convicted yet.... if u have the means get the guy some bail $... n some lawyer$... like MIway said... throwing $ at it is the best thing you can do for the kid... especially if fed prison isnt his scene.

mowood3479

Veteran
I just mean, some guys can do time n some cannot. There are alot of predatory people in an around the prison system.
Me personally id make bail, hike into canada or mexico... get some new id and move to a non extradition country... cuba?, argentina? not sure anymore where would be safe from extradition....
n wait the decade or so for the time limit on the charges to lapse.
Im not a big fan of life w/ an ugly stinky male roomate in a 6'x9' cell.

Thanks for all the feedback y'all...I'll pass it on to my GF. I think the kid may have a prior too...well he's not a kid he's in his 30's, divorced with two small kids of his own. Really sucks cause his old man just got some money from a real estate deal and all that money is looks like it's already spent on lawyers and plane tickets to fly back and forth from SC to Utah.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
a good friend of mine got burned in Utah and the DA was talking 25 years. she spent $25,000 on a lawyer and got 3 years of probation

......... she didn't get caught with 60 pounds though

LAWYER UP!!!!!!!

Gry

Veteran
Wow, heart goes out to you all . IF time is involved, it is NOT the end of the world. Good people can be found in the damn strangest places. Don't even start with the fear based bs , life is too damned short for that crap. Even if it means 10 years, life can still be wonderful afterwords. It sure can make one appreciate things a little more. Blessings and good luck to all concerned.

If it goes federal it will take up to a year. Its doubtful it will go fed because it wasn't in an airplane and there seems to be no gun involved or large amount of money. And in this case the feds would be a much lower sentence than a state case. With that being said, the best thing to do is get him out of jail. Chances are he wasn't snitched on, he got stopped in a notorious state for drug enforcement. Get a local lawyer in Slc. Its not that big of a deal. What will come into play is his criminal history. If he's been in alot of trouble then he will get a much more stiff penalty. Tell him to keep cool, shit will work out eventually. Gut check time homie

Latest posts

Latest posts