What's new

Busted in Illinois

skunkpunk

how did u get busted? some one tip them off, or just way to much power being used?

As I stated in the beginning of this thread, my ex wife is the reason I got busted. I caught her cheating and left. She decided to call the cops and turn me in as a means to insure she would get the kids in the divorce. Much to her dismay one year later I have my kids, I kept my job, I am almost half way done with first offender probation. After I complete my requirements the charges will be dismissed and I will disappear along with the felony charge. I did not cop out to the intent to distribute charge. I plead guilty on Production of cannabis 20-50 plants a class 3 felony, which again will be dropped after completion of my conditions and requirements.

skunkpunk

Update!!!

Update!!!

I would like to thank everyone for their support and kind words. This was a difficult ordeal and I'd like to think I came out really well considering all the awful variables involved.

I am now officially off probation, I have my kids, my career is doing great, and I have a wonderful girlfriend who put up with me and helped me through it all.

My advice to anyone who reads this:
1. You really can't trust anyone. Ever!
2. Educate yourself and know your rights and your limitations.
3. Spend the money and get a good lawyer.
4. Dress up for court. (I feel like my suit and clean appearance as well as showing up with a reputable attorney helped my case.
5. Pay your fines asap. Do any community service or counseling.
6. Don't be a dick to your PO and do what he asks. Be on time and keep yourself in line. Be honest with him/her. It goes a long way.

Well folks, its time to move on to bigger and better things. Things are changing slowly but surely. I think I'll pack up and move on somewhere I can live my life and no be considered a criminal.

Peace my friends.
Be safe and keep faith.
Karma is real and it can be your best friend if you sit back and don't interfere.

Man what an ordeal. Glad it's over for you bro. You sound like a good egg that was just a victim of circumstance...it could have happened to any one of us. Wishing you the best of everything in the years ahead...you deserve it.

Easy7

Veteran
In Ohio, you can get off at half your time if your nose is clean and all fines are paid. Can't have any issues tho. No beer cans, no rumors, nothing.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eh day for day in illinois depends on what you convicted of guys.

Under a newer provision of this truth-in-sentencing law, some offenses are now served at 75% of time:

Gunrunning. 720 ILCS 5/24-3A.
Narcotics racketeering. 725 ILCS 175/4.
Controlled substance trafficking. 720 ILCS 570/401.1.
Methamphetamine trafficking. 720 ILCS 646/56.
Drug-induced homicide. 720 ILCS 5/9-3.3.
Aggravated methamphetamine-related child endangerment. 720 ILCS 646/50(b).
Money laundering. 720 ILCS 5/29B-1(c)(4) or (c)(5).
Class X felony conviction for delivery of a controlled substance (within 1,000 feet). 720 ILCS 570/401.
Possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture or deliver. 720 ILCS 570/401.
Calculated criminal drug conspiracy. 720 ILCS 570/405(b).
Criminal drug conspiracy. 720 ILCS 570/405.1.
Street gang criminal drug conspiracy. 720 ILCS 570/405.2.
Participation in methamphetamine manufacturing. 720 ILCS 646/15.
Aggravated participation in methamphetamine manufacturing. 720 ILCS 646/15(b).
Delivery of methamphetamine. 720 ILCS 646/55.
Possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine. 720 ILCS 646/55.
Aggravated delivery of methamphetamine. 720 ILCS 646/55(b).
Aggravated possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine. 720 ILCS 646/55(b).
Methamphetamine conspiracy with a weight of 100 grams or more. 720 ILCS 646/65.

Stay safe!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if everyone stopped taking deals the court system would get so backed up. I would not take a deal for something i didn't do . ever period. good luck. intent to distribute will follow you for ever and get you searched every time a cop runs your plate/id and can find a reason

The Federal conviction rate in the United States of America has now reached the improbable rate of 99%. The vast majority of these convictions are achieved through plea bargaining as 97% of all federal cases end with a guilty plea being entered by the defendant.

BIG difference in the time you get from a fed case with a plea or standing your ground. Tough choice to make when your life is on the line.
Good luck everyone, stay safe.

Latest posts

Latest posts