What's new

Busted in Idaho!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I have to ask, not expecting an answer though.

Say for a job UA, you fail for THC, but you have a prescription for marinol. Then its ok?

Then why doesn't every person that gets a rec for mmj get a prescription for marinol, if only for legal protections?

I doubt this would work for probation, but the sames rules may apply, I wouldn't try it though.
actually a script for marinol is protection in all cases.
good luck getting one...

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
why would doctors have a problem with writing a prescription for marinol?
not sure...
but ive been trying for years.

you basically have to be in full blown aids or active chemo and tried all other medications for nausea before a doctor will consider a script.

i think it has to do with FDA and DEA regulations placed on doctors?

TruthOrLie

Veteran
i had no problem getting a marinol prescription along with my med mj rec when I was trying to play out of stay probation dodge ball. (i specifically told them I was on probation and they offered the marinol rec free)

never ended up having to register as a drug offender or pee testing so never had to pull the card.

im not saying it will work, but it could.

marinol is pretty expensive, like $10 a pill, $300 a bottle, so I figured I'd rather by some dank

alaskind

I had a meeting with my p.o. today, so I asked if she would object to me having a prescription for marinol.She said "No,thats not a problem." .....So now to find a doc...

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I had a meeting with my p.o. today, so I asked if she would object to me having a prescription for marinol.She said "No,thats not a problem." .....So now to find a doc...

Right on.. But does that protect you from growing? .. I would think those are two separate matters. :(

But at least if you can tickle your brain cells, .. That is a start. :D

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
alaskind I got a question for you:

How were you respected in Prison for what you did and did you teach them how to grow?

Last edited:

alaskind

strainhunter-There are crimes that you dont want to be asociated with in prison, but bieng a grower certainly wasnt one of them. Most guys on the inside respect based on how you conduct your business,and how you handle pressure. There were guys that wanted to know about herb, and growing, in every group I was exposed to. I had a real solid cellie, when I first got to the pen. At first he was dead set on getting out and pursueing other less legal inerests, but I sparked his interest into growing, and within a few months of study, he was giving me lessons on plant biology. The people in Idaho were pretty suprised to hear of the scene in Nor-Cal....Idaho is on the other end of the spectrum....

alaskind

truth- Im sure shes aware, as a matter of fact she said that if it was up to her, she'd led me have mmj....

TruthOrLie

Veteran
truth- Im sure shes aware, as a matter of fact she said that if it was up to her, she'd led me have mmj....

sweet.

my out of state PO said no MMJ but I said F-him...

Went and got it anyway because a Cali PO said they couldn't legally send you out of state on violation because you use medicine legal in the state you live in prescribed by a doc

i don't know your case, but I know they weren't coming to get me if Cali wouldn't put me on the bus

alaskind

...I may talk to an attorney about my situation when I can afford it....I just dont know enough about my rights....

alaskind

Well, it looks like I might be moving to another med state soon .... I think Ill ask an attny. whats up before I try to get my recc. there. Parole is a bitch..... just feel lucky to be finishing my sentence outside of the fences.....

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Well, it looks like I might be moving to another med state soon .... I think Ill ask an attny. whats up before I try to get my recc. there. Parole is a bitch..... just feel lucky to be finishing my sentence outside of the fences.....

thanks for posting alaskind!

PRISON is no place for ANYONE related to drugs.... ESPECIALLY marijuana.....

i am sorry that you had to spend so much time behind bars...

I fear it so very much......... FEAR....

alaskind

Hello Lone Wolf, thanks for your words....its sad that society doesnt have the perspctive that we here share. Thats become my Personal Mission. I vow to be a Positive Ambassedor for the herb and my fellows. Not just here in friendly territory, but to represent as carefully as I can, to non Mj lovers, that not all of us function like Cheech N Chong....

The fear you speak of, has been a familiar shadow.... but like pain its usually needed to learn... so do better than I did; recognize it ,and do your best to mitigate the causes....

jack.

Wow! It's crazy how such a little thing like leaving a bong out can get you pegged for so long. I like that saying "security is never convenient." I suppose it may work well to create a security checklist and stick to it for those of us wanting to grow.

Can you tell us a little bit more about what life was like on the inside? Did you ever fear for your life or personal safety? Did you have to interact with cold-blooded killers? Were there gangs? And, just curious, what were the crimes prisoners really looked down on? Rape and child molestation, I'd imagine.

IMO, those are the people who should be locked away for a long time - not MJ users or any drugs. But it doesn't matter what my opinion is.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alaskind, good to see you have your head on right and are sticking to the terms of your parole. People don't realize parole and probation are two different eggs. Keep doing what you're doing and don't break the law. Parole sucks, but not near as much as prison.....

Latest posts

Latest posts