What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

burma north mountains landrace

xerb

Slowly working my way to 50 posts.

I would really love to respond to my PMs....

What a pain - is this really necessary?

vinrusso

VISC Burmese. I am starting another seed run

and will post pictures on here, try to document all the genetic abnormalities.

I have not seen another strain that produces doubled seeds.

By the way, here in NorCal they do great outdoors, usually coming in about mid-October.

Thank You again Marc Emery, you are a real hero! Xerb

----------------------------------------- and as an offering to the Goddess -----------------------------------------------
I will take a big bag of seeds to the top of the highest mountain and offer them to the four winds that they might spread far and wide.
A Burmese strain that finishes in mid Oct? ILE Burmese finishes in December.

xerb

Yes, mid October for most

Yes, mid October for most

That is correct.

I have had a few stragglers finish about October 31, plus or minus a week. I have also had them finish earlier.

But I must point out that because of the risk of bad weather, my outdoor late finishers like these get taken down as soon as the harvest window opens.

Indoors I can let them go longer.

When flowering, this strain perfumes the evening air like some exotic flower, indescribably delicious, sweet and floral, you would never guess it is cannabis.

Sunshineinabag

Don't kill any males until all are sexed. You probably will have to use a male with pistils if you plan to do a seed increase without outbreeding. I'd just use the male with a lesser degree of intersexed traits. Sounds strange I know, but is the reality of south East Asian Sativas. The number of intersexed individuals should decline with each generation of selective pressure applied. Myanmar? What a lame name. Burma, Burma, Burma. Even the Burmese still call it Burma. Wtf ?

Zeke!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the Indian Landrace Exchange Burma and also Manipur which is close by. Neither are wide leaf at all. Airy flowers, very sativa looking. Excited to try either as they are so exotic.

L

La Rana

I incorporated Burmese into my line. I remember pure Burmese, as received from VISC being mellow/euphoric at low doses. However, it put dudes dicks in the dirt when larger doses were consumed. It had top end power, and got quite trippy at those doses. It's limitless ceiling could have something to do with discrepancies in potency assessments.

I spoke about VISC Burmese on another Burmese thread and I got tarred and feathered for thinking any Burmese would have wide leaves and heavy stems. I think the quote was something to the effect, "I'm sure your hybrid has a nice high, but this thread is for Burmese."

VISC Burmese did not resemble any indica hybrid high that I have experienced. It also seemed to be stable like a line bred line.

I crossed my pollen chucked line into Burmese, then crossed those results with Trainwreck. Burmese traits still dominate more than I would think it should since they are now 25% at best. Here are some pictures:

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Someone sent me a bunch of pure Burmese seed since they read about my love for that strain. I tried sprouting about 30, and none came up. I will try again under more controlled conditions. I'd love to have a pure one back. I do remember that fruity musky funk it had. Especially since it still dominates at ripening time in my line. The subsequent Trainwreck added a menthol aroma to the cured bud.

I credit Burmese and Trainwreck for saving a deteriorating line. It all went sideways when I crossed a awesome tasting honey oil tasting indica plant into the line. People loved it, but it ruined the cerebral high, in my opinion. Now, I'm proud of my line again.

I never grew the pure VISC line outdoors. But my crossed plants ripen in mid October at 42 north. At the extreme north of Myanmar, there are some very high mountains. If the strain you have is from high elevations, I would not be surprised if they ripen early and look like indica. They would need to ripen relatively early since it snows and frosts anywhere in the world over 7,000 feet.

I have blended a Congolese strain into my line also. It is relatively early also.

ThaiBliss

Hola Amigos !

Really really nice ! thank's to share :tiphat:

It was really nice collas, i love this shape !

xerb

I incorporated Burmese into my line. I remember pure Burmese, as received from VISC being mellow/euphoric at low doses. However, it put dudes dicks in the dirt when larger doses were consumed. It had top end power, and got quite trippy at those doses. It's limitless ceiling could have something to do with discrepancies in potency assessments.

I spoke about VISC Burmese on another Burmese thread and I got tarred and feathered for thinking any Burmese would have wide leaves and heavy stems. I think the quote was something to the effect, "I'm sure your hybrid has a nice high, but this thread is for Burmese."

VISC Burmese did not resemble any indica hybrid high that I have experienced. It also seemed to be stable like a line bred line.

I crossed my pollen chucked line into Burmese, then crossed those results with Trainwreck. Burmese traits still dominate more than I would think it should since they are now 25% at best. Here are some pictures:

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Someone sent me a bunch of pure Burmese seed since they read about my love for that strain. I tried sprouting about 30, and none came up. I will try again under more controlled conditions. I'd love to have a pure one back. I do remember that fruity musky funk it had. Especially since it still dominates at ripening time in my line. The subsequent Trainwreck added a menthol aroma to the cured bud.

I credit Burmese and Trainwreck for saving a deteriorating line. It all went sideways when I crossed a awesome tasting honey oil tasting indica plant into the line. People loved it, but it ruined the cerebral high, in my opinion. Now, I'm proud of my line again.

I never grew the pure VISC line outdoors. But my crossed plants ripen in mid October at 42 north. At the extreme north of Myanmar, there are some very high mountains. If the strain you have is from high elevations, I would not be surprised if they ripen early and look like indica. They would need to ripen relatively early since it snows and frosts anywhere in the world over 7,000 feet.

I have blended a Congolese strain into my line also. It is relatively early also.

ThaiBliss

I would agree, it is very odd that the VISC Burmese ripens so quickly, produces buds and high that seem to be pure sativa, but has these wide leaves.

Tarred and feathered eh? A few year back a guy was arrested in Auburn at about 3am after being tarred and feathered. He wouldn't tell the cops what he had done, but he admitted that he deserved it. Finally a little justice!

Latest posts

Latest posts