What's new

Bumpy, Twisted, Yellow leaves. Help!

Okay cool, thanks for the tip. Ill make sure to be careful with it D:
I have no idea how im gonna monitor runoff. I have 45 gallon smart pots sitting flat on the ground (which is covered in wood chips)
Maybe ill just dig a trench under the pot and pray enough runoff drips into a collection cup underneath or something...
Also that post by chiefton says i should flush with 5x my pot volume,,, itsnt that excessive? I mean shit 225 gallons of water for a 45 gallon pot? Ill be standing there watering for days....

Depends on your water but a pound will be way more than enough. Just sprinkle it in...mix...test. Small amounts at a time. And yes digging underneath the pot works fine. Ive done that. Prepare 5x...see where its at around 3x? Keep flushing as needed.

Gloves/eye protection advised. Dont breathe the dust. Make a concentrated solution and then dilute that if needed. I just dump it into my barrels with sunglases on.

Okay cool, thanks again. Also I see that you're in the area i live... good luck stayin under the radar my friend, and i hope your neighbors mind their own business xD

I have one more question for ya tessarecting, why is KOH better than using dolomite lime?
Im assuming its better because its instantly water soluble, and therefore more accurate than the slow release dolomite.

So to test soil ph, which is more accurate, my soil ph test kit (this one to be exact http://www.groworganic.com/la-motte-ph-test-kit.html )
Or the runoff? Ill be measuring both but which one should i trust?

also i realized that after mixing in fertilizer to a bucket of water the PH went from 6.4 straight to 5. This is probably part of why i ran into this PH problem in the first place. So my question is do i add KOH to correct PH or do i just let the bucket sit outside for a number of hours so the microbes balance PH ?

Also i added some dolomite a few days ago cause i was too impatient to wait for the KOH (stupid yes i know) So now my soil ph test kit tells me the soil PH is 7. Sooo should i just add the 5 ph nutrients to try and bring down ph? or would that be too quick of a ph change?

Latest posts

Latest posts