What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

building my first PC

razer

im just about to build my first pc ever. ive been reading up and doing research for a month now.. i think i got a pretty good setup planned out. i would like to know if there is any tech-ppl out there who can see some changes i should make. im really trying to be a on a tight budget to be able to get the r9 280 3g.

mobo: MSI H97 PC Mate
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2Ghz Box
memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL7
PSU: Corsair CS550M 550W 80 Plus Gold Modular
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 OC windforce 3GB GDDR5
box: Nox NX-3 USB 3.0 red LED
fans: 2x Tacens Mars Gaming MF12 120x120
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3

I would consider AMD FX 8350 more bang for the buck, you get 8 cores not 4 like the i5 more clock speed 4ghz and 4.2 with turbo i5 is 3.2ghz and 3.4 with turbo and it's also unlocked so you can overclock it or underclock it

JointOperation

yup.. I am buying a amd fx 8350 barebones off ebay for 317$.. ill add my video card.. and my hard drives and cd burners and shit.. and have a nice gaming computer for cheap as fuck..

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
way beyond me .. I did it once all stuff from fry electronics.took me 2 weeks part time to get It right ..total computer dumbass.had to go to store a few times .had a dial up modem back then I had a 386 think it was...now I just buy ..hp has done me well..i like laptops now..17.5..yeehaw