What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Building a smell proof space for growing

srdosmagos777

Hey guys, i'm moving to an apartment that have 2 bed rooms, it's in the last floor at the corner of the building... The thing is even doe i'm a medical patient i still don't have the license to grow (i live in South America things are a little bit confusing here), anyway with that said i need to use one of those rooms to grow my medicine but i really need it to be smell proof so no neighbor can notice the pungent smell from the plants.

Growing Area - WxLxH: 12ft x 8.5ft feet x 9ft or 3.6m x 2.6m x 2.75m (918ft³ or 25.74m³)

My setup is:
2 x 3.3x3.3x6 tents or 100cmx100cmx180cm
one with 240w QuantumBoard LM301h another with 320w QuantumBoard LM301h
both with 5in fan (125mm) exhaust capacity 290 CFM (390 m³/h) + carbon filter 5in (125mm) capacity 210 CFM (357 m³/h)

I use both tents for flowering (i have another two 3x3 tents that i use for veg), the thing is even doe the tents have carbon filter, when i open the tents to manage the plants, water and stuff like that the smell will go out...

So i what i thought put an 8in (200mm) exhaust system (600 CFM or 1030m³/h) with 8in (200mm) carbon filter (600 CFM or 1030m³/h) inside the grow room so when i open the tents the air (smell) coming out from it will go through the system + XiaoMi HEPA air purifier outside the grow room at the apartment living room to purify the air (that came through a suggestion of a reddit user but i'm not familiar with that technology)...

Do you guys think it would be enough to prevent the neighbors from smelling the plants ?

(I grow some smelly strains like Sowahh from Karma, 24k from DNA and Lemon18 from Crockett)

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey guys, i'm moving to an apartment that have 2 bed rooms, it's in the last floor at the corner of the building... The thing is even doe i'm a medical patient i still don't have the license to grow (i live in South America things are a little bit confusing here), anyway with that said i need to use one of those rooms to grow my medicine but i really need it to be smell proof so no neighbor can notice the pungent smell from the plants.

Growing Area - WxLxH: 12ft x 8.5ft feet x 9ft or 3.6m x 2.6m x 2.75m (918ft³ or 25.74m³)

My setup is:
2 x 3.3x3.3x6 tents or 100cmx100cmx180cm
one with 240w QuantumBoard LM301h another with 320w QuantumBoard LM301h
both with 5in fan (125mm) exhaust capacity 290 CFM (390 m³/h) + carbon filter 5in (125mm) capacity 210 CFM (357 m³/h)

I use both tents for flowering (i have another two 3x3 tents that i use for veg), the thing is even doe the tents have carbon filter, when i open the tents to manage the plants, water and stuff like that the smell will go out...

So i what i thought put an 8in (200mm) exhaust system (600 CFM or 1030m³/h) with 8in (200mm) carbon filter (600 CFM or 1030m³/h) inside the grow room so when i open the tents the air (smell) coming out from it will go through the system + XiaoMi HEPA air purifier outside the grow room at the apartment living room to purify the air (that came through a suggestion of a reddit user but i'm not familiar with that technology)...

Do you guys think it would be enough to prevent the neighbors from smelling the plants ?

(I grow some smelly strains like Sowahh from Karma, 24k from DNA and Lemon18 from Crockett)
Good question friend. The only way to know for sure is to smell as you grow. Try growing some low-odor plants instead of stinky ones.

Latest posts

Latest posts